Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sean VS BJ at UFC 78

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by DevonFoxy

I agree with mkiv but i dont think he is gonna finsih BJ. i think sherk will take him down which is gonna be very difficult due to Penn's flexibility. Sherk in 5 with another UD victory.

i just think that if BJ doesnt work on his cardio enough then he will be too gassed in the later rounds so itll be easier to maybe Get a TKO from GnP or even Shrek might get in a good elbow and cut BJ....BUT if BJ comes in with fairly decent cardio then Shrek wont finish him

and also i would just like to add.....Sherk is one of the more exciting guys that i actually enjoy seeing go to a decision....unlike a few other recent champs(Sylvia to be exact)

I agree with you one hundred percent. Sherk was amazing in the Franca fight and the fact he kept on Franca no matter what happened was great. Sherk was a beast and I honestly think he is the top 155 by a long shot. No offense to Penn and Gomi but then man is just a monster. He has the best cardio I've seen from any UFC fighter and the fact that no matter how dazed he is he grabs a leg and takes the man down is amazing. Franca rocked Sherk with many huge knees but Sherk gutted it out and still got the take down. My favorite part of his fight against Franca was when Franca was on top and Sherk kicked him clear off. Franca went at least 5 feet in the air off of Sherk. cant wait to see him again.

Post #31   7/12/07 8:40:44PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
Im pumped for a UFC in Jersey I wonder what the undercard will look like.

Post #32   7/13/07 12:00:05AM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
with all due respect, we're talking about BJ Penn here, how is sherk gonna dominate penn if GSP and matt hughe couldn't ?

i don't see how sherk is gonna win..

Post #33   7/13/07 5:20:10AM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:

Posted by Titosux

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Well if you dont think Bj will win this fight you obviously dont watch mma enough.He might very well be the best pfp in the business.Sherk is all about the ground and bj wil dominate as he did matt hughes until he suffered the rib break.

So what does that say about you if Sherk wins?

O, also, BJ has also lost to your favorite fighter in Ryoto Machida....

alot of people lost to ryoto machida

Rich Franklin, stefan bonner..

did i mention he had a 40 pound weight advantage and still only lost by UD?

k thx bi

Post #34   7/13/07 5:26:14AM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
link tells me this is still a rumor .......probably end up like chuck/wandi

Post #35   7/13/07 6:28:42AM   

sonar

Learning to Sprawl

sonar Avatar

Career:458-264
Chips:

Posted by Vietnamese_Guy

with all due respect, we're talking about BJ Penn here, how is sherk gonna dominate penn if GSP and matt hughe couldn't ?

i don't see how sherk is gonna win..

he has a chance to win, but its only by decision.

he isnt going to be able to finish him via ko/tko/submission.

sherk hasnt got the best finsihing rate, and when you look at the ppl he has finished they arent of the greatest calibre.

this will be an interesting fight, they both have completey different styles. its going to be good to watch.

Post #36   7/13/07 6:29:57AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

This is the dumbest comment ever....
damn this guy again on my nuts!!hey bro you keep your opininon ill have mine mr. i know everything about mma,but im 85% sure bj will take this.

To be honest I didn't even realize I posted your quote again, has nothing to do with you....

I posted dumbest comment ever becuase you made it sound like Sherk has no chance when he has been nothing but dominate in almost all his fights..

I like BJ, I just think Sherk will be too strong and unless he knocks him out with a knee or chokes him Sherk will win IMO. He won't get Sherk in and armbar or anything like that....

Post #37   7/13/07 11:08:17AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Vietnamese_Guy

Posted by Titosux

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Well if you dont think Bj will win this fight you obviously dont watch mma enough.He might very well be the best pfp in the business.Sherk is all about the ground and bj wil dominate as he did matt hughes until he suffered the rib break.

O, also, BJ has also lost to your favorite fighter in Ryoto Machida....

alot of people lost to ryoto machida

Rich Franklin, stefan bonner..

did i mention he had a 40 pound weight advantage and still only lost by UD?

k thx bi

But we are talking BJ Penn. Penn could fight Fedor and come out with a decision(he would lose but still a decision), Penn can be a beast at times and almost never gives up. Machida beating Penn is impressive because I think BJ can win in a couple weightclasses...

Last edited 7/13/07 11:11AM server time by StevieC
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #38   7/13/07 11:11:19AM   

Titosux

Learning to Sprawl

Titosux Avatar

Career:261-189
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

why is dumb and dumber on sherk's nuts hey bro we will just have to see what happens come fight time and machida is how bigger than bj????ok there you go.

Size used to not matter, ask Royce Gracie.

Anyway's I didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch it's not just you, I just think it is funny how people can write of Sherk so easily when he dominates the majority of his fights and how people are so high on Penn when he can't keep his stamina up by the 3rd round...

If Penn can't win in the first two rounds it's over...and ofcourse, that's just my opinion....

Post #39   7/13/07 2:16:55PM   

The_Station

Learning to Sprawl

The_Station Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Sherk takes it, although I like Penn.

Post #40   7/13/07 4:14:43PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

To be honest I didn't even realize I posted your quote again, has nothing to do with you....
ok i got you i got you and bj doesnt have bad cardio he got hurt against huhghes.

Post #41   7/13/07 7:02:50PM   

masodd

BANNED

masodd Avatar

Career:283-181
Chips:
bj will win by submission.........bj aint like kenny or hermes,he is very hard to take down,so it wont work 4 sherk

Post #42   7/13/07 11:02:54PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

ok i got you i got you and bj doesnt have bad cardio he got hurt against huhghes.

BJ does have bad cardio, he even started to gas vs Pulver, and he gased big time vs GSP...BJ has also admitted he has bad cardio.

I know he got hurt during the Hughes fight, I wasn't even refering to that fight to prove my point. BJ himself before the Pulver fight said his cardio has never been that good....

Post #43   7/13/07 11:38:47PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,398-928
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
[

BJ does have bad cardio, he even started to gas vs Pulver, and he gased big time vs GSP...BJ has also admitted he has bad cardio.

I

The only person out there that has worse cardio than BJ is Tank Abbott.

Post #44   7/15/07 4:15:43PM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,887-1,178
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by brutalbones

[

I

The only person out there that has worse cardio than BJ is Tank Abbott.

LMAO BJ could and most likely will catch the Sherkanator in a sub it would be nice

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #45   7/15/07 6:34:44PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4