Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sean VS BJ at UFC 78

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,860-1,161
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
BJ will get sherk to stand because he wount be able to hold BJ down like he did Franca and thats where the tide will turn lets not forget that Hughes couldnt hold BJ down until he was hurt

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #16   7/10/07 8:48:20PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
now this one is hard but bj is going come in shape because if he doesnt his not going make 155, sherk is strong yeah but bj likes to fight 170 so i think he is going be ok on that still will be hard getting around but i think he will, bj is going hit him coming in a lot because sherk is not going wanna shoot in the 1st round,but he will when bj hits him 1 or 2 time because he wrestled for a long time and his best thing he gots knees and apricots all night and if bj gets a front choke he will be able to hold it so i think bj will win wish it was on the next card tho

Post #17   7/11/07 12:27:38AM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Well if you dont think Bj will win this fight you obviously dont watch mma enough.He might very well be the best pfp in the business.Sherk is all about the ground and bj wil dominate as he did matt hughes until he suffered the rib break.

Post #18   7/11/07 2:48:08AM   

sonar

Learning to Sprawl

sonar Avatar

Career:458-264
Chips:

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by sonar

Posted by brutalbones

Sherk will take it. Too strong. WAY better cardio. Shrek will end up taking it to the ground and finishing BJ probably in round 3. BJ has awesome bjj but Sherk's stubby arms, legs, and neck make for a hard submission (especially when your tired).

are you serious? when was the last time he finished a fight against someone decent?

im not taking anything away fro sherk because i respect him as a wrestler.

i think this fight will be close but bj will come out on top. his bjj skills are far better then franca, and his takedown defense is better.

i think we all forget about how good bj is with his hands and knees (caol uno).
and we have all seen how susceptible sherk is to the knees.

the only way i think sherk can win is if he takes bj down and just lies on top of him for 5 runs to yet another decision win.

First off, Sherk's wrestling skills are even better than Hughes, his stand-up is better than Hughes, and his cardio and gnp are at the the very least equal to Hughes; so what makes you think that Sherk won't completly dominate Penn after the 1st round-just like Hughes?

well i actually dont agree that sherks wrestling or stand up skills are better then hughes. if you have read other posts a lot of ppl would agree. a lot of ppl have even gone as far as to say sherk is a watered down version of hughes. remember sherk lost to hughes.

bj did not get dominated by hughes as you say after the first. bj actually won the first fight and lost the 2nd due to freak injury (which was probably due to poor training).

like i said mate, i dont disrespect sherk, i just dont agree with your comment that he will finish the fight. he does have a chance to beat bj and thats through grinding him out for 5 rounds to another 5 round decision.

Post #19   7/11/07 5:09:21AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by sonar

Posted by brutalbones

Sherk will take it. Too strong. WAY better cardio. Shrek will end up taking it to the ground and finishing BJ probably in round 3. BJ has awesome bjj but Sherk's stubby arms, legs, and neck make for a hard submission (especially when your tired).

are you serious? when was the last time he finished a fight against someone decent?

i think this fight will be close but bj will come out on top. his bjj skills are far better then franca, and his takedown defense is better.

the only way i think sherk can win is if he takes bj down and just lies on top of him for 5 runs to yet another decision win.

Coming from someone who has BJ as his front picture I see your point. But Sherk has been never known to just lie down. He is always working. It just showed how good Franca was at defense, but Sherk clearly dominated that fight.

His match with BJ will be fun, if it goes past two rounds though BJ is done IMO unless he works hard on his conditioning. O, also I am sure Sherk will be working on fixing the whole knee to the head problem he had with Franca. Not saying who wins, but BJ needs to win in the first two round cause he will never catch up to Sherk stamina....

Post #20   7/11/07 9:21:16AM   

sonar

Learning to Sprawl

sonar Avatar

Career:458-264
Chips:

Posted by StevieC

Posted by sonar

Posted by brutalbones

Coming from someone who has BJ as his front picture I see your point. But Sherk has been never known to just lie down. He is always working. It just showed how good Franca was at defense, but Sherk clearly dominated that fight.

His match with BJ will be fun, if it goes past two rounds though BJ is done IMO unless he works hard on his conditioning. O, also I am sure Sherk will be working on fixing the whole knee to the head problem he had with Franca. Not saying who wins, but BJ needs to win in the first two round cause he will never catch up to Sherk stamina....

i admit that, that bj doesnt have the best cardio reputation. im not saying sherk cant win. all im saying is that if sherk was to win it would be by decision and not through stoppage as brutalbones has stated.

you are right sherk does move around alot when he is on top transitioning from position to position, but how much damage does he really do when he is in a dominate position. one thing he has to be weary of when transitioning so much is leaving limbs hanging for bj to grab a sub

i know some ppl might think im bias because i have penn as my avatar but if you read my posts i give sherk his kudos. no where do i state he cant win. all im saying is that if he is to win it will be by decision and not stoppage.

im not a biased nug hugger saying bj will dominate and kill sherk. ive given my unbiased opinion based on recent performances, history as well as quality of opponents.

bj has his best chances in the 1st to 2nd round. 3rd round if you reaaly push it to finish the fight. anything after that sherk with his excellent cardio will win.

Last edited 7/11/07 9:55AM server time by sonar
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   7/11/07 9:52:16AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Well if you dont think Bj will win this fight you obviously dont watch mma enough.He might very well be the best pfp in the business.Sherk is all about the ground and bj wil dominate as he did matt hughes until he suffered the rib break.

This is the dumbest comment ever....

Sherk has lost to Matt Hughes and GSP, THAT"S IT! Nobody else. You talk like Sherk has no chance.

You are the one who obviously doesn't know much about MMA....

Post #22   7/12/07 9:46:44AM   

Titosux

Learning to Sprawl

Titosux Avatar

Career:261-189
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

So what does that say about you if Sherk wins?

O, also, BJ has also lost to your favorite fighter in Ryoto Machida....

Post #23   7/12/07 10:19:58AM   

HighKick07

Learning to Sprawl

HighKick07 Avatar

Career:778-476
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
First i want to say sweet someone that sherk cant just hold there.second, it is UFC79 and supposidly in new jersey.if so ill be there.AND what??? u all think sherk can stop bj are u kidding?Sherk cant stop anyone.BJ by ground and pound.once he flips sherk over its done.if not ko i still see the jui jitsu winning it for penn.come bet me when the time comes if u think otherwise.ill give u my sister if i lose.hehe

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #24   7/12/07 11:10:37AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by HighKick07

First i want to say sweet someone that sherk cant just hold there.second, it is UFC79 and supposidly in new jersey.if so ill be there.AND what??? u all think sherk can stop bj are u kidding?Sherk cant stop anyone.BJ by ground and pound.once he flips sherk over its done.if not ko i still see the jui jitsu winning it for penn.come bet me when the time comes if u think otherwise.ill give u my sister if i lose.hehe

so you think a guy that has never been submitted OR ko'ed in almost 40 fights is going to either get ko'ed or submitted? Seems your logic is slightly off. Shrek(not Sherk anymore,ha) is going to control BJ and finish BJ off in the 4th.

Post #25   7/12/07 12:04:06PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by HighKick07

Sherk can't stop anyone huh? 32-2-1 record speaks differently not to mention 15-1 in his last 16 fights...

Penn 11-4-1 and 2-3 in his last 5

Both have lost to Hughes and GSP

I will admit that Penn has fought tougher comp. in his career (Caol Uno twice, Jens Pulver twice, Matt Serra, Takanori Gomi, Matt Hughes twice, Rodrigo and Renzo Gracie, GSP, Ryoto Machida, Duane Ludwig and Din Thomas) I mean only two of his fights I don't know who he fought...

Sherk has had his share of big name fights though(Karo Parisyan Twice and won both, Manny Gamburyan, Nick Diaz, Matt Hughes, GSP, KenFlo, and now Hermes Franca)

It's going to be a great fight!

Post #26   7/12/07 12:27:15PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
I agree with mkiv but i dont think he is gonna finsih BJ. i think sherk will take him down which is gonna be very difficult due to Penn's flexibility. Sherk in 5 with another UD victory.

Post #27   7/12/07 12:27:19PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

I agree with mkiv but i dont think he is gonna finsih BJ. i think sherk will take him down which is gonna be very difficult due to Penn's flexibility. Sherk in 5 with another UD victory.

i just think that if BJ doesnt work on his cardio enough then he will be too gassed in the later rounds so itll be easier to maybe Get a TKO from GnP or even Shrek might get in a good elbow and cut BJ....BUT if BJ comes in with fairly decent cardio then Shrek wont finish him

and also i would just like to add.....Sherk is one of the more exciting guys that i actually enjoy seeing go to a decision....unlike a few other recent champs(Sylvia to be exact)

Last edited 7/12/07 12:39PM server time by MKIV9secsupra
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #28   7/12/07 12:35:38PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

This is the dumbest comment ever....
damn this guy again on my nuts!!hey bro you keep your opininon ill have mine mr. i know everything about mma,but im 85% sure bj will take this.

Post #29   7/12/07 8:33:49PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

So what does that say about you if Sherk wins?
why is dumb and dumber on sherk's nuts hey bro we will just have to see what happens come fight time and machida is how bigger than bj????ok there you go.

Post #30   7/12/07 8:35:19PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4