Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sean VS BJ at UFC 78

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Champion Sean Sherk vs. B.J. Penn (for lightweight title)

LINK

Post #1   7/10/07 1:40:25PM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar

Career:513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:
Now let's confirm once and for all that this show will take place in New Jersey.

I love both of these men and want to pay hundreds of dollars to watch them do battle in person.

Post #2   7/10/07 1:49:06PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
Even though I knew this fight was coming I still wet myself.....

Post #3   7/10/07 2:24:36PM   

ultimateweapon

MMA Regular

ultimateweapon Avatar

Career:330-191
Chips:
This will be a good fight I'll go with sean sherk.

Post #4   7/10/07 2:34:15PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
This is a very interesting fight to say the least, both good standing and on the ground, I don't know who I'd pick.

Post #5   7/10/07 4:06:41PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,398-928
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
Sherk will take it. Too strong. WAY better cardio. Shrek will end up taking it to the ground and finishing BJ probably in round 3. BJ has awesome bjj but Sherk's stubby arms, legs, and neck make for a hard submission (especially when your tired).

Post #6   7/10/07 4:23:42PM   

Blizzard

MMA Regular

Blizzard Avatar

Career:1,285-886
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
I would love to see this WAR, It will be close, but I see Sherk being sub'd for the first time.

Post #7   7/10/07 4:46:10PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
oh god... i dont know who to pick in this one

Post #8   7/10/07 5:35:25PM   

sonar

Learning to Sprawl

sonar Avatar

Career:458-264
Chips:

Posted by brutalbones

Sherk will take it. Too strong. WAY better cardio. Shrek will end up taking it to the ground and finishing BJ probably in round 3. BJ has awesome bjj but Sherk's stubby arms, legs, and neck make for a hard submission (especially when your tired).

are you serious? when was the last time he finished a fight against someone decent?

im not taking anything away fro sherk because i respect him as a wrestler.

i think this fight will be close but bj will come out on top. his bjj skills are far better then franca, and his takedown defense is better.

i think we all forget about how good bj is with his hands and knees (caol uno).
and we have all seen how susceptible sherk is to the knees.

the only way i think sherk can win is if he takes bj down and just lies on top of him for 5 runs to yet another decision win.

Post #9   7/10/07 5:44:20PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
yea i agree i dont think Sherk will be able to finish BJ. If he coundt finish Franca i dont see him finishing BJ. I think sherk will prolly have a very hard time getten BJ to the ground as Hughes did but i think in the long run he can get him there and pund on him for about 5 rounds.Sherk by UD.

Post #10   7/10/07 5:48:30PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:

Posted by sonar

Posted by brutalbones

are you serious? when was the last time he finished a fight against someone decent?

i think this fight will be close but bj will come out on top. his bjj skills are far better then franca, and his takedown defense is better.

the only way i think sherk can win is if he takes bj down and just lies on top of him for 5 runs to yet another decision win.

I agree and disagree on some level. Sherk is not known for finishing, but BJ is not known for last three round, let alone five. I think BJ would rather avenge losses then fight Sherk. I don't see him being in a good of shape as he was when he fought Pulver. The fight will be BJ early by sub or Sherk by UD. My money would be on Sherk by UD. I can see BJ getting frustrated with Sherk and giving up in the fifth round and getting TKOed, but it is a very outside shot.

Post #11   7/10/07 5:56:19PM   

MeanGreene

Banned

Career:167-99
Chips:
Im a big guy and it doesnt take much to land a choke on me cause my sholders near bout do it for u especially a triangle or side arm choke! Bj still has to get around that fierce ground and pound!

I pick Penn

Post #12   7/10/07 6:27:39PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,398-928
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:

Posted by sonar

Posted by brutalbones

First off, Sherk's wrestling skills are even better than Hughes, his stand-up is better than Hughes, and his cardio and gnp are at the the very least equal to Hughes; so what makes you think that Sherk won't completly dominate Penn after the 1st round-just like Hughes?

Post #13   7/10/07 6:36:05PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think it can go either way,but I honestly don't see Sherk winning the fight in a convincing fashion if he pulls it out.Probably a decision for Sherk if he wins.
If Penn wins I say it will be by a big KO.Sherk will probably play it a lot safer than Penn though,which could seal the fight for him or cost it.

I go with Penn.He better get his cardio training up a few levels though.If Sherk keeps him on the ground he's gonna need all the air he can get.

Post #14   7/10/07 7:09:43PM   

yorke3us

Learning to Sprawl

Career:545-344
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:

Posted by brutalbones

Come on man, lets be honest. There's no way Sherk is finishing this fight and everyone knows it. The possibility of him winning is certainly there but I'm going with B.J. by sub in the 2nd round.

Post #15   7/10/07 8:38:10PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4