Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz II Set for Cincinnati’s UFC 77 Event

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

komodo20

MMA Regular

komodo20 Avatar

Career:1,467-1,043
Camp: L.I. TOP TEAM
Chips:
Despite two title fights and the Octagon debut of a former PRIDE heavyweight champion, it was Ortiz (15-5-1 MMA, 14-5-1 UFC) and Evans (10-0-1 MMA, 5-0-1 UFC) who remained the focus of this past weekend’s pay-per-view event. The former UFC light heavyweight champion and his undefeated opponent stole the headlines, secured top billing in the event’s marketing materials, and even became the focus of the night’s post-event press conference.

During that media event, UFC president Dana White stated — rather definitively — that a rematch was imminent and that neither fighter would be booked for another event before the rematch takes place.

As it turns out, the UFC wasted no time scheduling the date. UFC 77 takes place Oct. 20 at U.S. Bank Arena in downtown Cincinnati. The arena can accommodate approximately 17,000 spectators.

Just like this past weekend, Evans vs. Ortiz II may steal some of the spotlight from what is supposed to be UFC 77’s real main event: current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin, who will meet in another anticipated rematch. In October 2006, Silva defeated then-champ Franklin with a first-round TKO to claim the middleweight championship.

Franklin, a former Cincinnati high school math teacher, will look to reclaim his title in front of a hometown crowd.

Post #1   7/10/07 7:31:17AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
already posted man, look 2 stories down.......

Post #2   7/10/07 1:28:17PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
I can not wait!!!!

Post #3   7/10/07 5:31:45PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Tito this time for sure

Post #4   7/11/07 3:06:31AM   

masodd

BANNED

masodd Avatar

Career:283-181
Chips:
Tito will dominate him again but this time he wont make the mistake of grabbin the fence,and i'll be there to see it

Post #5   7/11/07 10:55:14AM   

spartanballin

Learning to Sprawl

spartanballin Avatar

Career:63-22
Camp: Michigan technial knock out
Chips:
im going dana gonna make tito and rashad fight this time

Post #6   7/11/07 1:16:11PM   

boob

MMA Regular

boob Avatar

Career:849-537
Camp: TEAM DEMON
Chips:
sweet!

Post #7   7/11/07 2:58:45PM   

boob

MMA Regular

boob Avatar

Career:849-537
Camp: TEAM DEMON
Chips:
I get to see TITO get his ass beat in person!!!

Post #8   7/11/07 2:59:39PM   

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:

Posted by boob

exactly, you're not the only one.

Post #9   7/11/07 3:12:23PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

wow whats his ohhh another tito hater ahahaha you guys are ridiculous,trust me i have been to three tito fights in the last two years and it doesnt matter he still puts the beat down on opponets when your there,you just get to see the best entrance and most exciting intro in the game in person thats all thats different,but who knows all you cinci people arent like us from cali and might hate tito.

Post #10   7/11/07 5:40:32PM   

italianpride

MMA Regular

italianpride Avatar

Career:23-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

wow whats his ohhh another tito hater ahahaha you guys are ridiculous,trust me i have been to three tito fights in the last two years and it doesnt matter he still puts the beat down on opponets when your there,you just get to see the best entrance and most exciting intro in the game in person thats all thats different,but who knows all you cinci people arent like us from cali and might hate tito.

Are you kidding me?? Best entrance and intro?? EMINEM??!!! I think Mike Swick coming out to 2Pac's Ambitionz Az A Ridah destroys his wack entrance. As for his beat downs, you must be talking about those serious beat downs he put on Forrest and Rashad right?? LOL exactly.

News flash, if Tito didn't hold the cage in the 2nd round 3 times he would've spent the whole round on his back and lost it. You could argue Rashad won the 2nd round or it was 10-10 because Rashad did more damage striking and Tito did nothing to Rashad other then attempt takedowns and force him to his ass where he continued to do nothing.

Rashad will own Tito in a rematch, I'm a fan of neither, but unbiased fans with common sense can see that Rashad is a better fighter and will win the rematch with ease.

Post #11   7/11/07 6:20:58PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

Are you kidding me?? Best entrance and intro?? EMINEM??!!! I think Mike Swick coming out to 2Pac's Ambitionz Az A Ridah destroys his wack entrance. As for his beat downs, you must be talking about those serious beat downs he put on Forrest and Rashad right?? LOL exactly.
dude you are a moron like seriously tito was on top of rashad the whole fraking time,and yes the best entrance mike swick?????ahahahahhaha wow have you ever been to a tito event i was at that one with swick and the crowd wasnt chantin swick, swick, swick like they always chant tito, tito, tito in every single one of his fights then win he goes to the middle of the ring and throwns down his hands the place goes crazy.....have you been to a event guy??????ahahaha

Post #12   7/11/07 9:45:40PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

dude you are a moron like seriously tito was on top of rashad the whole fraking time,and yes the best entrance mike swick?????ahahahahhaha wow have you ever been to a tito event i was at that one with swick and the crowd wasnt chantin swick, swick, swick like they always chant tito, tito, tito in every single one of his fights then win he goes to the middle of the ring and throwns down his hands the place goes crazy.....have you been to a event guy??????ahahaha

Dude, come on, they are called periods. It makes it really difficult to take you and your opinions seriously.

Post #13   7/12/07 1:30:15PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

Dude, come on, they are called periods. It makes it really difficult to take you and your opinions seriously.
there are plenty of periods in there mr. smart english man! dont correct me just give your opinion smarta*s.

Post #14   7/12/07 8:18:14PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,141-742
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:

Posted by italianpride

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

News flash, if Tito didn't hold the cage in the 2nd round 3 times he would've spent the whole round on his back and lost it. You could argue Rashad won the 2nd round or it was 10-10 because Rashad did more damage striking and Tito did nothing to Rashad other then attempt takedowns and force him to his ass where he continued to do nothing.

Rashad will own Tito in a rematch, I'm a fan of neither, but unbiased fans with common sense can see that Rashad is a better fighter and will win the rematch with ease.

Mayhem Miller has the best entrance, Matt Hughes' is great, and Tito's blows Swick's out of the water, its less about the music and more about lyrics. The crowd actually responds to Tito.

And its complete bullshit that Rashad could have won the 2nd or went 10-10. How can you possibly know that Rashad would have been held down the whole round, you cant deal in definites like that. Rashad did more damage because he cut tito with his thumbnail, while tito landed more clean punches. When he had him down he tried to get Rashad's back of the cage and the guillotine at the end solidified the 2nd for Tito (ten more seconds and Rashad could have been out)

You talk about being unbiased but i have never heard you say one positive thing about Tito or one negative thing about Rashad.

Newsflash, Rashad will probably run away the whole fight like he did last time and dance like a jackass. Anyone that is unbiased and has common sense will see that this will probably be close again, though i still give Tito the advantage

Post #15   7/12/07 9:57:33PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2