Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: Roy Nelson ‘needs to be buried’ for kicking Big John McCarthy

Print  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

A Face In The Crowd

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,317-807
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Roy Nelson was upset at referee Big John McCarthy for not stopping his heavyweight bout with Antonio Silva when the Brazilian was knocked down, and kicked the referee moments after the fight was finally stopped Saturday night at UFC Fight Night 95. Despite Roy Nelson's apology after the event, UFC president Dana White is not happy with him.

Days after the UFC event in Brasilia, Brazil, White went on UFC Unfiltered podcast and criticized the longtime heavyweight veteran for his action.

"You can’t apologize for that," White said. "You don’t ever, ever put your f**king hands on a referee, or your feet, for any reason whatso f**king ever. You don’t do it. He needs to be buried. He went over there and he put his foot on his ass to like push him over, you know what I mean? Was flipping him off, yelling whatever. You wanna flip a ref off, there is never, ever a situation where you put your f**king hands on a referee. Ever. You can’t apologize for that."

"I’ve been traveling since the fight so I haven’t seen what’s going on, but if the Brazilian athletic commission doesn’t reign on him, man, it’s not good," White said. "You don’t ever put your hands on a referee. I don’t care what the circumstances are, you don’t do. And listen, we don’t always agree with them, we have our favorites, we have our least favorites, [Steve] Mazzagatti, you know. The guy, no matter how good or whatever you feel about him, they are there for your safety. They are there to keep you safe. F**king, that dope isn’t the… you know what I mean?"

"This guy is the f**king judge of when a fight should or shouldn’t be stopped? You’re a fighter, you go until the referee tells you to stop. John McCarthy is very qualified in what he does, he’s been here a lot longer than f**king Roy Nelson has been. And for Roy Nelson to go over and put his f**king hands on a referee, it can’t happen. It can never happen. But John is sitting there in his knees, tending to Bigfoot, and you come up behind him and f**king kick him? It’s despicable, it’s disgusting, it can never f**king happen, ever again."

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   9/27/16 3:56:14PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,698-998
Chips:
Hahaha Dana has always hated Big Country, now he has an excuse to get rid of him if he wants

Post #2   9/27/16 4:54:00PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:4,045-2,492
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Hahaha Dana has always hated Big Country, now he has an excuse to get rid of him if he wants

Paul Daley got the boot for less, so I expect Roy to be released before weeks end.

Post #3   9/27/16 5:02:57PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,873-1,141
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Posted by aussiemma

Paul Daley got the boot for less, so I expect Roy to be released before weeks end.

I don't think the size of their fan bases are even comparable. Money speaks in Dana's world, releasing Roy would be deserved but unlikely.

Post #4   9/27/16 5:17:36PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,784-3,173
Chips:
There is no reason to feed Bellator more talent.

Post #5   9/27/16 11:10:29PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,068-1,431
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Posted by aussiemma

This. Dana has hated Roy from the jump and been more than vocal. As the months go on and on. Bellator may turn into Strikeforce, which I watched more often than UFC in the infancy of it's lifetime.

Post #6   9/28/16 12:40:50AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,724-2,276
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

u are correct..Dana has always hated Big Country since TUF, since i really believe Dana wanted Kimbo to win, since Kimbo was a big draw at that time, but nope Big Country help put a stop to that..and the look on Dana face every time Roy rubbed his belly after a win, priceless..Dana has alway hated Roy for his looks, his outspoken nature and so on and so forth..i loved it when Roy kicked John (dislike that ref)

Post #7   9/28/16 1:21:43PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,808-3,119
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
I love Big Country and I don't think what he did was that bad but Dana's right here, you can not touch officials. I can't think of any sport where somebody could strike (however weakly) an official and not catch hell for it.

Post #8   9/28/16 4:07:53PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,698-998
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Posted by aussiemma

Paul Daleys was way worse, he practically assaulted Koscheck...nelson tapped Big John with his foot

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #9   9/28/16 4:45:25PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:4,045-2,492
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Didn't get released but ended up getting a 9 month suspension! A least it's something for his actions.

Post #10   11/18/16 3:04:12PM