Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: Conor McGregor will have to give up a title after UFC 205

Print  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,412-859
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Conor McGregor will have to give up a title, after all. Just not until after UFC 205, according to Dana White.

The UFC president said Tuesday on SportsCenter that McGregor will go into the lightweight title fight with Eddie Alvarez on Nov. 12 as the featherweight champion — with the chance to make history and become the first fighter to hold two UFC belts at the same time. If McGregor wins, though, one of those belts will have to be forfeited.

"He wants to try to gain both belts and he will give up one of the titles after that fight in New York," White said.

Which one? White wasn't telling, replying "good question."

"He's got some stuff going on right now, some personal stuff that I'm sure he'll announce when he's ready," White said. "But this fight made sense."

White said he and McGregor argued about him coming back for UFC 205 due to the injury, but McGregor told him "I know my body better than you do," White said. White was asked what's it like negotiating with a guy like McGregor.

"It's not that bad," White said. "He's an intelligent guy. And the thing that I love and respect about Conor McGregor is that he wants to fight everybody. He's my kind of guy."

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   9/27/16 2:23:29PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,930-3,258
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
People just keep betting on Conor, I hope this time he gets koed instead of subbed!

Post #2   9/27/16 11:08:00PM