Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UK Top Tens

Print  
Posted By Message

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
UK Top Tens

Small site with the UK's top ten fighters on for each weight division.

Post #1   1/31/07 9:22:04AM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Career:264-172
Chips:

Posted by nate22

UK Top Tens

After Oliver beats Imanari he'll take over the top spot I hope :p love that guy. When/if Daley finally takes a fight in the UFC I can't see anyone catching him up for quite a while (Considering he wins, which he sould).

Post #2   1/31/07 12:26:19PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by nate22

UK Top Tens

Hey Nate, since your from the UK do you agree with these rankings? I think you probably know about them than the average US Fan. I mostly want to know to see who might get signed to the UFC , since they are expanding there. Thanks

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   2/1/07 8:35:16PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by nate22

UK Top Tens

Hey Nate, since your from the UK do you agree with these rankings? I think you probably know about them than the average US Fan. I mostly want to know to see who might get signed to the UFC , since they are expanding there. Thanks

I'm not nate...but I agree with them

Post #4   2/3/07 2:10:36PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
D-boy are you from the UK , or knowledgeable in their MMA scene? If you are, I'm just wondering if you can give me the heads up on thier better fighter's so I know who to look for. For example since he was the #1 HVY I looked up Rob Broughton and he wasn't bad from the footage I could find. Seems to me to be an allright brawler, but I only got to see him fight Thompson and Butterbean. I guess we'll see what he's got when he fight's a top 10-15 HVY

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   2/3/07 7:59:14PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

D-boy are you from the UK , or knowledgeable in their MMA scene? If you are, I'm just wondering if you can give me the heads up on thier better fighter's so I know who to look for. For example since he was the #1 HVY I looked up Rob Broughton and he wasn't bad from the footage I could find. Seems to me to be an allright brawler, but I only got to see him fight Thompson and Butterbean. I guess we'll see what he's got when he fight's a top 10-15 HVY

I'm from the UK and go to a lot of events. Rob is very tough and can take a lot of punishment. He has good gameplans (Like he did against butterbean) if (I feel like WHEN) he beats Tengiz it will tell us if he is the real deal or not. Other guys are Paul Daley who is a welter weight the UFC have been after for a while (Not sure why he won't take the fights). Brad Pickett is fighting in Bodog now and may do well over there (Actually I think so is Daley). Robby Oliver has a big fight coming up, Pride may want him if he wins it. Zelg Galesic is of course a big up and comer. David Lee will be fighting on the UK card but I'm not sure if he needs more experiance first. Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head who hasn't already been in the big time

Post #6   2/4/07 12:11:36AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
Thanks I'll look up Daley, Pickett and Oliver since i've never seen them.

The Iron Code

Post #7   2/4/07 3:49:48AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Poor Ross didnt make the cut......... I dont Wonder why. But you gotta love that kids heart. He represents the UK badass like Cote does for Canada. With that never quit, take on any challenge, never say die attitude.

PS Bisping rules.

Post #8   2/4/07 3:57:56PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Chips:
Looks like Abdul Mohamed might be getting a fight on the UK UFC card you may want to look him up he's pretty decent and a tough guy to put away,

Last edited 2/5/07 6:35AM server time by D-Boy
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #9   2/5/07 6:35:18AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by hippysmacker

I'm from the UK and go to a lot of events. Rob is very tough and can take a lot of punishment. He has good gameplans (Like he did against butterbean) if (I feel like WHEN) he beats Tengiz it will tell us if he is the real deal or not. Other guys are Paul Daley who is a welter weight the UFC have been after for a while (Not sure why he won't take the fights). Brad Pickett is fighting in Bodog now and may do well over there (Actually I think so is Daley). Robby Oliver has a big fight coming up, Pride may want him if he wins it. Zelg Galesic is of course a big up and comer. David Lee will be fighting on the UK card but I'm not sure if he needs more experiance first. Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head who hasn't already been in the big time

Hippy I think that Dboy sums it up pretty well here, and he's probably alot more in the know than me about it to be honest.

Post #10   2/5/07 10:30:14AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by nate22

UK Top Tens

After Oliver beats Imanari he'll take over the top spot I hope :p love that guy. When/if Daley finally takes a fight in the UFC I can't see anyone catching him up for quite a while (Considering he wins, which he sould).

LOL.

Last edited 2/8/07 2:34AM server time by Snacks

Post #11   2/8/07 2:33:21AM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by nate22

UK Top Tens

LOL.

Have faith my friend

Post #12   2/8/07 7:37:50AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by Snacks

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by nate22

UK Top Tens

LOL.

Have faith my friend

Olivier had problems with "One Punch" so this is more of a case of blind faith, on your part.

Post #13   2/8/07 10:58:42PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by Snacks

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by nate22

UK Top Tens

LOL.

Have faith my friend

Olivier had problems with "One Punch" so this is more of a case of blind faith, on your part.

Blah blah blah Oliver lost......BUT REMEDIOS IS COMING BACK oh yeah, he'll be Imanari!

Last edited 2/10/07 10:35PM server time by D-Boy

Post #14   2/10/07 10:35:36PM