Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 73 SALARIES AND ATTENDANCE FIGURES

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Canadian_MM_EH

Banned

Career:82-58
Chips:
Monday, July 09, 2007 - by Ken Pishna MMAWeekly has obtained the fighter salary information for the UFC 73: Stacked, which took place on Saturday, July 7 in Sacramento, Calif.

The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that the Ultimate Fighting Championship is required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions. All figures provided by the California State Athletic Commission.

Although MMA fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters' salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that the UFC also pays its fighters, but does not disclose to the athletic commissions, are not included in the figures below. Read the rest @->LINK

Post #1   7/9/07 2:35:07PM   

Eazee_E

Learning to Sprawl

Eazee_E Avatar

Career:53-24
Camp: Rear Naked Choke
Chips:
Wow!!!!

So Herring gets double what Lightweight Champ Sean Sherk gets, Bonnar also gets more???

Post #2   7/9/07 2:43:59PM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
These payouts never make sense to me.

Stephan Bonner makes more than Sean Sherk???

Post #3   7/9/07 2:44:09PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
That's because it's what they were offered when the signed the contract. So Bonnar might have had some weight when he signed and Sherk maybe wasn't very well known when he signed.

Herring will always get more money because he was signed to draw more attention to UFC from Europe and PRIDE fans.

Post #4   7/9/07 3:09:56PM   

Destroyer88

Learning to Sprawl

Destroyer88 Avatar

Career:66-28
Chips:
Herring got $70,000 because hes still working off his contract with WFA. Remember, WFA paid their fighters crazy money, and then went out of buisness. UFC bought Herrings contract out and yeah, thats why hes making $70,000.

I find it funny how Sherk was going on about not being able to make that good of money so he quit back in the day, but hes the most underpaid UFC champion right now lol. I'm sure if he beats BJ and at the end of his contract he will get a HUGE rasie though. No ay you can pay your LW champion like that.

Post #5   7/9/07 3:53:16PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by LR

That's because it's what they were offered when the signed the contract. So Bonnar might have had some weight when he signed and Sherk maybe wasn't very well known when he signed.

Herring will always get more money because he was signed to draw more attention to UFC from Europe and PRIDE fans.

Yup

Bonnar has 7 fights with the UFC and that includes his suspension time too. Sherk only has about 7 fights with the UFC, so if he signed a multi fight deal with the UFC he might be still be dealing with that.

Also, keep in mind, Sherk did not start off well in the UFC. His first four fights had him at 2-2.

Also, to paraphrase what is above. Bonnar started his UFC career after TUF. I'm sure most casual UFC fans know more about TUF participants that Sean Sherk, especially right after TUF 1.

Also not that these are the 'disclosed' salaries, whatever that is supposed to mean.

Last edited 7/9/07 4:33PM server time by Rush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   7/9/07 4:28:09PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:
wow, sherk took it up the ass. he for sure needs to find a better agent or go the elite xc of somethin.. bonnar made more than him.. i mean come on now!

anyways did anyone catch post fight conference??? i dont like tito but was impressed in the manner he handled the conference, then out of no where rashad starts running his mouth to tito.. classless move on rashads part anyone agree?

Last edited 7/9/07 4:34PM server time by jdubs
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   7/9/07 4:30:29PM   

Destroyer88

Learning to Sprawl

Destroyer88 Avatar

Career:66-28
Chips:

Posted by jdubs

wow, sherk took it up the ass. he for sure needs to find a better agent or go the elite xc of somethin.. bonnar made more than him.. i mean come on now!

anyways did anyone catch post fight conference??? i dont like tito but was impressed in the manner he handled the conference, then out of no where rashad starts running his mouth to tito.. classless move on rashads part anyone agree?

Did you not read the guys above statement? Sherk has been running on that same contract before the UFC was popular. His agent cant do anything about the way he is getting paid until after his contract ends.

And I didnt see much of the confrenece but I saw the Nog part where Dana said if Cro Cop beats Kongo they want to have Nog vs. Cro Cop

Post #8   7/9/07 4:41:05PM   

k_lup07

MMA Regular

Career:137-75
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
disgusting

Post #9   7/9/07 4:47:10PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
When were the contracts signed? It doesn't matter if you the champ or not. If you signed a 6 fight contract for $30,000 a fight and one the belt in your 3 fight on that contract, oh well. When Sherks contract is up and he's still champ, he'll get paid. Rich and Chuck both signed long term deals before they were champs and honored them

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #10   7/9/07 5:03:11PM   

Dramacydal

Learning to Sprawl

Dramacydal Avatar

Career:288-164
Camp: Pound You Out
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by LR

Yup

Bonnar has 7 fights with the UFC and that includes his suspension time too. Sherk only has about 7 fights with the UFC, so if he signed a multi fight deal with the UFC he might be still be dealing with that.

Also, keep in mind, Sherk did not start off well in the UFC. His first four fights had him at 2-2.

Also, to paraphrase what is above. Bonnar started his UFC career after TUF. I'm sure most casual UFC fans know more about TUF participants that Sean Sherk, especially right after TUF 1.

Also not that these are the 'disclosed' salaries, whatever that is supposed to mean.

Sherk actually went 3-1 in his first 4 fights ... 3-2 in his first 5. A few of his fights weren't televised.

Post #11   7/9/07 5:08:22PM   

Eazee_E

Learning to Sprawl

Eazee_E Avatar

Chips:
May be a stupid question.....

Do they have incentives like mainstream sports do? Where a guy gets a bonus for making an All-Star team or leading the league in a statistic. In MMA it could be winning a title or defending it sucessfully.

I realize sponsors are involved and more winning means more/better sponsors.

Post #12   7/9/07 5:27:11PM   

Eazee_E

Learning to Sprawl

Eazee_E Avatar

Chips:
And I realize they have incentives for "fight of the night" "submission of the night"

Post #13   7/9/07 5:28:09PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,252-833
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:

Posted by jdubs

Yeah i caught that. I thought Rashad completely embarrassed himself when he didnt get a rise out of Tito. He said he won the fight because Tito is more cut up? He has one cut from Rashads thumbnail. I liked when Tito said something like "you're pretty tough now that you're done running from me for 13 minutes".

Post #14   7/9/07 6:28:33PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
tito ortiz $210,000 vs rashad evans $16,000

wow tito made more then anyone that night and he didnt even look that impressive

Post #15   7/9/07 8:36:43PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2