Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gonzaga Vs. Coutoure

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Dtime_NBT

MMA Regular

Dtime_NBT Avatar

Career:968-670
Chips:
I Think Randy By Uni Decision

Post #31   7/21/07 4:13:43PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
Couture is either gonna dominate for 5 rounds like he did against Sylvia or the fight is gonna get stopped in the later rounds after Couture ground and pounds Gonzaga.

Post #32   7/21/07 8:16:18PM   

BeerisGood

Learning to Sprawl

BeerisGood Avatar

Career:2,052-1,364
Chips:

Posted by szucconi

Posted by BeerisGood

double randys losses and they are more than his wins, he's good but not that good. i dont see any chance of him doing anything to gonzaga

That is a ridiculous think to say.

A list of the people he lost to.
2X Chuck Liddell - whom he had beaten.
Vitor Belfort - whom he also beat 2X.
Ricco Rodriguez
Josh Barnett
Valentijn Overeem
Mikhail Illoukhine
Enson Inoue

Combined record of all the people he lost to is 136 - 59 - 1.

Remember that he didn't fight until after he turned 30. We might not even have seen Randy in his prime. He's great. He has been fighting at the top level for a long time. Win loss record means vary little. Try to think before you post. Saying stuff like that makes you look like a tool.

They actually mean alot, usually fighters with good records continue to win and then an occasional loss. Usually people who lose keep losing. I like Randy but get up off his old man balls. HE"S F@kn DONE SON ah man i look like a tool,hopefully i can change to make you feel different. just watch him lose.

Post #33   7/23/07 12:37:56PM   

DougDrex

Learning to Sprawl

DougDrex Avatar

Career:1,478-793
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by LightsOut33093

gonzaga via round 2 GnP

DAMN lightsout?! is it only Warcreed and I picking Couture?!

No, I pick Couture as well.

I don't believe he'll finish GG, but I see a UD win for Couture. He could win by ref stoppage due to GNP, but I think Randy will fight smart and not take chances by going for a sub, maintain ground control, and try to punish GG with elbows and fists.

Post #34   7/23/07 3:44:07PM   

crocop-ufc

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
i thin gonzaga have more power.
look at the video interview: gonzaga couture video

Last edited 7/30/07 8:44AM server time by crocop-ufc
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #35   7/30/07 8:44:00AM   

coldindian

Learning to Sprawl

coldindian Avatar

Career:106-64
Camp: Woodstock Fight Academy
Chips:
i can see couture winning after 5 rounds...but i can also see napao dominating maybe finish it early..so we will just have to wait and see but i will be hoping randy takes it not a huge fan of either

Post #36   7/30/07 10:39:39AM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:

Posted by BeerisGood

They actually mean alot, usually fighters with good records continue to win and then an occasional loss. Usually people who lose keep losing. I like Randy but get up off his old man balls. HE"S F@kn DONE SON ah man i look like a tool,hopefully i can change to make you feel different. just watch him lose.

I am not saying that Randy is a lock to win v. Gonzaga, but you are not giving him enough credit. My money is on Randy, because I know Gonzaga is prone to gasing out after two rounds. Its a close call and think Gonzaga is a lock to win the first round at least, but if it goes five rounds then Randy takes it.

Post #37   7/31/07 3:36:58PM   

Biggieb

Banned

Career:52-36
Chips:
I feel that the cro cop fight was a lucky fight. Cro cop didn't fight the same, something was off. I'm not saying Gonzaga can't win, because anything is possible in MMA as we've seen so far this year. I just feel that he doesn't have the experience or faced the caliber of fighters that Randy Couture has. Plus Couture looked better than ever against Sylvia even though that's not saying much I guess, since Sylvia lost his heart to fight a long time ago and anyone that was anygood could beat him.

Post #38   7/31/07 4:34:45PM   

nWo

MMA Regular

nWo Avatar

Career:902-873
Camp: THE ILLUMINATI
Chips:

Posted by Blizzard

As we all know, We can't count out Randy. But looking back when Randy was at heavyweight before, he could not hang with guys like Barnett and Rodriguez, that had the size and grappling/bjj skills. Soooo I think I will have to go with GG on this one. It will be a WAR though.

A JUICED UP BARNETT
and the ricco fight is a classic

Post #39   7/31/07 6:29:51PM   

BeerisGood

Learning to Sprawl

BeerisGood Avatar

Career:2,052-1,364
Chips:

I am not saying that Randy is a lock to win v. Gonzaga, but you are not giving him enough credit. My money is on Randy, because I know Gonzaga is prone to gasing out after two rounds. Its a close call and think Gonzaga is a lock to win the first round at least, but if it goes five rounds then Randy takes it.

im giving him credit, i just dont think i can do it. Ill give him 10%

Post #40   7/31/07 6:48:11PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by nWo

Posted by Blizzard

As we all know, We can't count out Randy. But looking back when Randy was at heavyweight before, he could not hang with guys like Barnett and Rodriguez, that had the size and grappling/bjj skills. Soooo I think I will have to go with GG on this one. It will be a WAR though.

A JUICED UP BARNETT
and the ricco fight is a classic

Don't forget about Valentin Overeem and Enson Inoue. Randy is a small HW. I just think Randy gets overpowered by the HW ground fighters

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #41   8/1/07 7:37:11PM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
Yanno what is funny... before the Cro Cop/Gonzaga fight... everybody loves Cro Cop. Everybody knew Cro Cop would kick Gonzaga in the head, KO him and go on to kick Randys head off too....

Cro Cop get's caught, doesn't come in mentally focuses, then suddenly Gonzaga becomes a god to a lot of nuthuggers nuthugging his brazillian genitals haha.... it's funny though... all these people think Gonzaga is so unbeatable all of the sudden.

Granted, I too, think, in the back of my mind somewhere, Gonzaga is going to win... but I believe in old man Randy, and hope to god he does win, and retire after he does before Fedor comes to the UFC. I want Randy to go out with a bang, a winning bang, not waking up on his back bang.

I just wanted to point out that there is a lot of nuthuggers around, and people are sucking off Gonzaga saying he is this and that. He did what any other slightly decent wrestler did to Cro Cop, take him down.

I'm not saying he ISN'T talented, and that he don't have the tools to defeat Randy... but he isn't in the Top 10 Heavyweights. His wrestling skill is okay, his submissions skill are pretty decent. His striking is below average. Hell, Travis Lutter has KO'ed somebody (that very good striker I don't need to name, true MMA fans and TUF fans would know who I'm talking about) before, and how would you rate his stand up?

Yeah, Cro Cop is still the much better fighter pound for pound. Randy has become a god (amongst his fan base) after he picked apart the overweight and incompetent Tim Sylvia. I really hope Randy wins this damn thing.

Go Randy.

p.s.

Yes, I rambled.

Post #42   8/2/07 3:39:53PM   

dryared

Learning to Sprawl

dryared Avatar

Career:379-224
Camp: Team Tattoo
Chips:
Couture has been on many championship fights GG has not. GOnzaga is going to gas, plain and simple have u seen him training??? hes clumpsy and from the looks of his body type not a good cardiovascularathlete. If you analize this fight, the only thing randy needs is to weather Gonzagas first flurry / take down attempt. And hell take this one, guarranteed.

Post #43   8/2/07 9:38:56PM   

vcr88

Learning to Sprawl

vcr88 Avatar

Career:60-34
Camp: Adeo Armifer
Chips:
God how can so many people believe that GG has impressive stand up. Just because he knocked out Cro Cop who wasnt even fighting at his best does not automatically give him stand up credibility. He got a lucky break thats all. So the only thing Gonzaga has is his ground game. Now Randy on the other hand has proved that he can adapt to any fighters style in his last fight. He is not only a great wrestler with great GnP but he can also take fights standing up now and with his new found talent i think hell beat gonzaga easily.

Post #44   8/25/07 6:11:41PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Thinking GG has better striking is an absolute joke, these are the facts

Randy VS Gonzaga BREAKDOWN

Striking - Randy
Wrestling - Randy
Cardio - Randy
Experience - Randy
Size and Strength - Gonzaga
BJJ - Gonzaga

Thats a 4-2 win for the Natural

Manbearpig is only dangerous during the 1st and maybe 2nd rd but then he will gass and suffer from the grand occasion and lose a convincing decision or late GnP

Post #45   8/25/07 8:23:58PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4