Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frank Edgar maybe the next big thing?

Print  
Posted By Message

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Seeing how this guy is undefeated, and beat Tyson. I must admit beating griffin is saying a lot griffin has many quality wins over great fighers. I think there fight was close, but I did have edgar winning it.

So here is the questions that I ask....

Do you see edgar as a future contender or champion at 155?

I'm impressed with edgar, but he may have trouble with a guy like sherk. I think if he manages to get some great TD defense, and strike with sherk he may have a chance.

I don't think any LW fighter would be in for a easy fight with sherk though.

Post #1   7/9/07 4:12:25AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
I definitely think that Edgar is one to watch... But I agree, its Sherk, and then everyone else...

Post #2   7/9/07 4:21:14AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
If you weigh 155,i dont care how good your TD defence is....Sherk is gonna take you down at will

Sad but true..(i dont like sherk btw)

Post #3   7/9/07 6:49:59AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
BJ or someone like Shinya Aoki are the only people I see beating Sherk. Someone with really good JJ and rubber guard control I think is going to be Sherk's cryptonite... I don't see frankie having an "answer" to sherk's strength and wrestling. (man I'm clever )

Post #4   7/9/07 6:58:15AM   

beachbum7568

Learning to Sprawl

beachbum7568 Avatar

Career:1,106-624
Chips:

Posted by Aether

BJ or someone like Shinya Aoki are the only people I see beating Sherk. Someone with really good JJ and rubber guard control I think is going to be Sherk's cryptonite... I don't see frankie having an "answer" to sherk's strength and wrestling. (man I'm clever )

I don't think Aoki's rubber guard will help when a guy like sherk passes so easily. You saw in the franca fight, as soon as he took him down he got into side control or half-guard right away. His passes are one of his strengths.

Post #5   7/9/07 10:02:16PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Edgar should fight Stevenson , if he gets by Pellegrino, and the winner should get the title shot with the winner of BJ/Sherk. I agreee about Aoki and Penn having the best shot at defeting Sherk, but I think I think Stevenson would have finished Sherk if he had the situation Franca did. If Stevenson were to catch Sherk with a new to the chin and then get a guillotine in full guard, I think he is strong enough to choke him out. I bet Sherk will be a little more careful with his shot from now on.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   7/9/07 10:08:31PM