Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Noh Canada ......until 2008

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
http://www.tsn.ca/tsn/news_story/?ID=213092&hubname=

copy and paste i guess....sorry

Last edited 7/8/07 6:37PM server time by nastshabast
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/8/07 6:36:00PM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
he's blaming hockey? wow dana, you wonder why people hate your guts.

He should have looked at the canadian's hockey schedule and planned accordingly, No rational buisnessman will sacrifice a sure thing like hockey for a risky venture (in their eyes) like UFC. Also, the NHL's season is predetermined, so dana get on the ball.

goddamn excuses

Post #2   7/8/07 7:04:18PM   

Canadian_MM_EH

Banned

Career:82-58
Chips:
LINK

Post #3   7/8/07 7:05:56PM   

italianpride

MMA Regular

italianpride Avatar

Career:23-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
What's with this guy and premature announcements?? He comes across as the most amateur businessman to make an impact in the last 25 years.

Post #4   7/8/07 7:48:16PM   

italianpride

MMA Regular

italianpride Avatar

Chips:
"You guys have got too much frigging hockey up there," he told a Canadian reporter at the post-fight news conference. "As soon as you cancel some hockey games, we'll be up there."

Is this guy a moron?? 41 or 42 Home games, the same AS EVERY TEAM IN THE NBA AND NHL!!!!! Lol this guy is sad.

Post #5   7/8/07 7:50:11PM   

KingKash

MMA Regular

KingKash Avatar

Career:507-390
Camp: hot kASH
Chips:
This is a joke. Dana is a joke. To use hockey as an excuse for there being no event in montreal is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. He has to strat too get his crap in order. Dana has got to be the biggest joke in MMA as of late with all of the things he has said and done.

Post #6   7/8/07 8:55:17PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
yea dana is a joke.....hes just an incredibly successful businessman which brought the UFC to were it is today which is what your watching. lol yea he must be a real retard and a joke seeing everyone is buying the PPVs and buying from the stores. yea i think hes a real joke and an idiot too.

Post #7   7/8/07 9:45:23PM   

t-dizzle

Learning to Sprawl

t-dizzle Avatar

Career:593-331
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:

Posted by nastshabast

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn/news_story/?ID=213092&hubname=

copy and paste i guess....sorry

whoa....Dana is sure to make new fans with crap like this

"As soon as you cancel some hockey games, we'll be up there."

Post #8   7/8/07 11:27:08PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Ok so theres 2 hockey games a week at MOST, UFC is always on saturdays, well the canadians will be in toronto in the first 3 months of the season 4 times on saturday night lol. So he's got 4+ weeks he can do it...not really getting this whole thing dana wants world domination? If he keeps doing this shit he'll start to get in trouble. Tell England to cancel some soccer games, oh wait you found a way around that...

Post #9   7/9/07 12:37:57AM   

italianpride

MMA Regular

italianpride Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KingKash

This is a joke. Dana is a joke. To use hockey as an excuse for there being no event in montreal is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. He has to strat too get his crap in order. Dana has got to be the biggest joke in MMA as of late with all of the things he has said and done.

I think that post was a joke. First of all it was the Fertittas bankroll that made UFC what it is today, Dana White's vision was SpikeTv, WOW, it's not even an elite cable channel. As for this topic, what you refused to comment on, because you have nothing to say, making statements like "Cancel some hockey games" is pure ignorance, the NHL schedule has been the same for what 25 years?? This year they threw in a loophole where the Canadiens play 60 home games??? There's no Saturdays where they aren't in Toronto as previously mentioned??? Lately Dana White is running his mouth too much and embarassing himself, scheduling Shogun vs Machida only further proves his and Silva's arrogance.

Post #10   7/9/07 1:41:29AM   

Eazee_E

Learning to Sprawl

Eazee_E Avatar

Career:53-24
Camp: Rear Naked Choke
Chips:
I can't believe how eager he is to make announcements before they are in writing. Canada, Wanderlei coming to UFC 61, HBO deal. Keep it in your pants man, brag about it after you have it in writing. You look ridiculous having to go back on all of these things.

Post #11   7/9/07 1:52:11AM   

italianpride

MMA Regular

italianpride Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Eazee_E

I can't believe how eager he is to make announcements before they are in writing. Canada, Wanderlei coming to UFC 61, HBO deal. Keep it in your pants man, brag about it after you have it in writing. You look ridiculous having to go back on all of these things.

Lol exactly...not to mention the UFC vs PRIDE supershow that will never happen because he fears PRIDE's talent and is taking all of their fighters.

Post #12   7/9/07 5:01:03AM   

italianpride

MMA Regular

italianpride Avatar

Chips:
Sorry Kash I quoted the wrong damn post lol I meant to quote the guy who was defending Dana my bad homie

Post #13   7/9/07 1:28:33PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Do u watch the UFC? Then im pretty sure hes doing a good job. Is ESPN covering UFC? Then im pretty sure hes doing his job. Hockey is dead its over it got out beat by a cooking network show. I would say cancel hockey too. UFC would generate more more then a hockey game no matter who was in the game I'm srry its true tho. I just think its easy to bash the guy for this and that but hes doing what he can to expand the UFC to make it sumthing more and to grow the fan base. Sure he writes checks his butt cant cash sumtimes but if u cant respect the man for trying to build MMA into a world wide extravaganza and sport that everyone wants to see then you would have to reevaluate yourself.

Post #14   7/9/07 1:42:50PM   

Eazee_E

Learning to Sprawl

Eazee_E Avatar

Career:53-24
Camp: Rear Naked Choke
Chips:
I never will question whether he's doing a good job, I was just pointing out a couple of things that bother me. The fact is he has taken MMA to another level, and hopefully it will go even higher. I laugh seeing the Sherdoggers posts that say "Dana is killing MMA" "Is Dana good for MMA?". Please.

I don't think other people were comparing the UFC to NHL. Right now there is no comparision. It's just the ignorance or set of balls that he has to think that "as soon as you guys cancel some hockey games, we'll be up there". Huh??? Way to endear yourself to fans you are trying to market towards, treat their national pasttime like its a Little League game.

Last edited 7/9/07 2:22PM server time by Eazee_E
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   7/9/07 2:21:26PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3