Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping vs.

Print  
Your pick
Anderson Silva 3 8%
Chris Weidman 7 18%
Dan Henderson 12 32%
Luke Rockhold 1 3%
Ronaldo Souza 13 34%
Yoel Romero 2 5%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,457-1,505
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
How could it not be Hendo? Epic rematch that needs to happen! I'd also like to see Bisbing hold on to the belt for a minute, and Hendo gives him that chance. The other options aren't nearly as winnable, well maybe Silva, but f that noise.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   6/6/16 5:20:08PM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Career:2,811-1,543
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Hendo vs Bisping II

No other matchup makes sense

Post #17   6/6/16 6:53:17PM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,751-2,188
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I picked Yoel Romero. Drug use aside, I think he is most deserving but I doubt it happens. I'm sure getting pinched dropped him a few rungs.

Jacare is the most obvious choice but something always seems to get in the way of his shot. I was kidding about the Camozzi fight but I wouldn't be surprised if he really did take a warm up fight.

The fight I think the UFC wants to setup is Andy v Bisping II. First fight ended in controversy as Andy clowned on Bisping so hard it left the judges and fans perplexed. Andy has got to be the most popular fighter at MW and would probably do the most buys so you'd have to imagine it is the fight they would most like to setup. I would say that Andy's four fight skid and getting popped for drug use would prevent the title shot but this is the UFC we are talking about.

Hendo v Bisping II would be really rad tho. Especially after this:

the Hendo look

Last edited 6/6/16 9:45PM server time by billsnewaccount
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #18   6/6/16 9:41:19PM   

Michael_Corleone

I'm knocking out all bums

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:2,361-1,346
Chips:
If Rockhold doesn't get the rematch, he needs to fight Jacare again. Jacare needs to beat a Rockhold or a Weidman before he should get a title shot.

Romero makes the most sense since he is the true lineal #1 contender with an 7 fight win streak. With his best win being against Lyoto Machida via KO.

Weidman is on IR, but he is always in play given his stature in the division.

Hendo and Silva are interesting rematches for Bisping, giving him a chance to avenge those losses. How cool would it be for Henderson to win the title and ride off into the sunset. I think it'd be unprecedented. Same could be done with Silva, but not sure he wants the belt.

Post #19   6/6/16 10:19:20PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,059-1,178
Chips:
I'm sure with Bisping being in the company for a while he would take advantage of being champ and there are plenty of good match ups with story lines behind them.

Anderson is good because of the first epic they had and because of the caliber of opponent silva is and if silva wins the possible match ups that will come from that

Hendo is a massive long shot but it would be a super fun fight to watch.. Maybe not quite Championship quality though

Weidman is probably a good chance but he is coming off a loss, I'd be pretty confident that he could beat Bisping but, Bisping boxing has come along over the years added with the belief he has with himself he can't be overlooked like he was before

Rockhold shouldn't really get one straight away because of the way he was shut down

Jacare and Romero are the most deserving you would think and definitely pose a threat to the title, problem is they lack a certain following or star quality.. But these days the championship jumps around so much that I don't think it matters

Post #20   6/7/16 3:49:09AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,346-2,299
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Jacare

Anderson, Weidman and Rockhold are coming off losses.

Post #21   6/7/16 1:46:43PM   

State_Champ

"I love you, my bitches!"

State_Champ Avatar

Career:2,289-1,424
Chips:
I didn't pick a choice in the poll because there was no Nick Diaz option.

Post #22   6/7/16 10:42:17PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:5,299-2,971
Chips:
I'm bias, but I think Chris Weidman deserves the shot....he's really the only MW champ besides Anderson who's actually defended the belt. Not to mention, Bisping said during an interview that Weidman would be his first defense, so he should hold his words. That fight in MSG in November would be great.

If not that, I hear Bisping wants some revenge on Hendo.....what better way for Hendo to go out then to KO Bisping again, get the strap and retire on top??? I know the latter is less likely to happen, so I am hoping they just give it to Chris in November. Rockhold doesn't deserve an immediate rematch imo, he got knocked out quick and had ZERO title defenses. I don't think anyone who has never defended their belt, should ever get an immediate rematch, but that's just my .02.

Last edited 6/10/16 5:20AM server time by xdanish020
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   6/10/16 5:07:50AM   

roofer1967

MMA Regular

roofer1967 Avatar

Career:1,700-1,073
Chips:
First off I would say anyone on that list would beat Bisping. I believe Rockhold 100% when he said he just fought Bisping recklessly and just didn't think Bisping could hurt him. That was a big mistake that someone at Rockholds level should not be making but never the less it happened.

Anyway if I could choose I would pick Weidman for the simple fact he was the man who was suppose to have fought Rockhold for the title to start with had he not gotten hurt Bisping would not be the champ today. But at the same time I feel like Jacare is the best fighter in the division right now and would love to see him get a shot. After that I guess Hendo if only for the chance to see Bisping to eat another huge right hand from Dan PRICELESS!!

Post #24   6/10/16 10:27:59AM   

the_01

MMA Regular

the_01 Avatar

Career:487-358
Chips:
Silva should get the title shot, then retire fighting while on top.

Post #25   6/11/16 7:31:03AM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:2,790-1,414
Chips:
Its basically a question of who the UFC wants to make the next MW champion. Very little chance for Bisping to defend against any top 5 opponent IMO.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #26   6/13/16 12:27:02AM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:
I think it needs to be Jacare.

Weidman didnt earn a rematch, it was gifted to him for beating Anderson. But if you pull out of that instant rematch you should have to fight 1-2 more times imo.

Hendo is coming off a badass KO but has just loss to Belfort who Jacare just smashed. Hendo needs one more win like he just had and i think that could justify ending his career with a title shot.

Post #27   6/21/16 10:00:03AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,328-2,941
Chips:
Going with romero based on he beat jacare.

Post #28   6/23/16 5:45:45PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,298-1,610
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

This. I posted earlier in the thread that I think it should be Jacare. But there in lies two problems I failed to think about.

1. You shouldn't be giving title shots to a guy coming off a loss
2. Yoel beat him (although I though Jacare won)

So, with that being said. I thought Jacare because Yoel failed a test from USADA for PEDs. He appealed, sort of won. So I guess he will be back soon. Personally, Yoel should get the shot based on merit.

BUT....I personally would love Hendo/Bisping 2. I think the match-up should be made for purely selfish reasons. I know the entire MW division would flip it's shit if Hendo got the shot but the fans would LOVE the fuck out of it. Mainly because Bisping is a heel for the sport and Dana knows a Hendo/Bisping 2 fight could really rake in the dough because of so many factors: Bisping is reinvented as a fighter, Hendo might make this fight his last, the nostalgia of Hendo fighting for the belt one more time, Hendo/Bisping have an awesome (for Hendo) history...

I for one would like to see Hendo for slefish reasons get the next shot and a logistically logical pick for me would be Yoel/Weidman. We will see what happens...

Post #29   6/24/16 1:56:10AM   

State_Champ

"I love you, my bitches!"

State_Champ Avatar

Career:2,289-1,424
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Posted by prozacnation1978

This. I posted earlier in the thread that I think it should be Jacare. But there in lies two problems I failed to think about.

1. You shouldn't be giving title shots to a guy coming off a loss...

Jacare is coming off a win. He beat Belfort.

Post #30   6/24/16 9:24:38AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3