Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva's unbeatable!!!!!.....

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Machida dropping down would be a good fight, henderson and filho...kang aswell maybe. No one has an easy win if they fight anderson and want to test his stand up. Flying scissor heel hook is looking like a good way to beat him now .

Post #31   7/9/07 7:14:18PM   

ultimatefighter33

MMA Regular

ultimatefighter33 Avatar

Career:61-41
Chips:
jeremy horn could totally take anderson silva they need to give him a shot

Post #32   7/9/07 8:09:54PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by grappler0000

Well, it wasn't technically a reversal, as Nate didn't secure the takedown yet...Silva was just able to finish the takedown. I would still say that his wrestling is indeed a weakness. I guarantee that wouldn't happen as easily to Hendo or Lindland. Also, both fighters that have tried takedowns on SIlva in the UFC have succeeded with ease...and Lutter got the mount with little effort as well. One takedown doesn't mean that he has great wrestling.

Conversely, wouldn't that mean that getting mounted once, doesn't mean his wrestling is bad?

I think he has great jits and can use it to counter being taken down very well... I don't know where all the "hole" in his game talk came from... The guy beat Lutter on the ground after all, was able to pretty much dominate Nate, and didn't even give Leben a chance to try and take it to the ground... Any fighter that wants to GnP Silva has to get through his strikes which is no easy task, and deal with his BJJ which is top notch... IMO, tough fight for anyone right now

I'm not saying that he isn't a tough fight...no matter his opponents pedigree. But, wrestling is definitely his biggest weakness, and would be the easiest way to exploit his gameplan. Lutter lost to a better man...but, he made an amateur mistake of giving up mount to go for that arm. Lutter is a BJJ guy as well, yet had much better wrestling...add to the fact that I don't think Silva has successfully defended a takedown in the Octagon yet (Leben and Franklin didn't attempt), and it isn't too difficult to imagine what would happen if someone from a wrestling background, especially Team Quest, would be able to do. Yes, Silva did get a takedown on Nate, but after he ate several elbows...so, I'm not so sure that accounts for too much.

All in all, Silva presents a tough matchup for about anyone. The guy is gonna dominate in striking. There is a little better chance of a submission, but still presents a challenge...IMO the easiest road to victory is some ol' GNP.

Post #33   7/10/07 8:19:24AM   

Pandaiga

Learning to Sprawl

Pandaiga Avatar

Career:23-20
Camp: Team Taycv
Chips:
Hey scarf next time you make a post, try to make it intelligent. I showed my little brother and sister your comment and even they laughed at how dumb it was. Silva is probably one of the best clinch fighters in the game. How is he supposed to be overwhelmed from that positition when its his best, and where he finished rich franklin from? All he needs is a little flick from each knee and its at the average middle weights head level. On the other hand i'd have to say a bjj expert still has the best chance. With a body like andersons its not too difficult to be taken down. He jiujitsu is good, but a more well rounded Travis would have easily finished him. For the time being I'd rather not see him lose. I wouldn't mind seeing Rich fight him again, seeing as he made an excuse last time.

Post #34   7/10/07 10:14:35AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3