Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva's unbeatable!!!!!.....

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Posted by grappler0000

Silva has good standup and BJJ...his weakness is wrestling. I agree with those that said Hendo and Lindland. They are the perfect matchup to do so.

Although that may be his weakest area,(compared to the rest) IMO it's not a weakness. Nate was supposed to tool him in wrestling and that was a beautiful reversal right near the end.

Well, it wasn't technically a reversal, as Nate didn't secure the takedown yet...Silva was just able to finish the takedown. I would still say that his wrestling is indeed a weakness. I guarantee that wouldn't happen as easily to Hendo or Lindland. Also, both fighters that have tried takedowns on SIlva in the UFC have succeeded with ease...and Lutter got the mount with little effort as well. One takedown doesn't mean that he has great wrestling.

Post #16   7/8/07 11:03:15AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I don't think the Lutter fight should really be used as a reference at all honestly. He was like one month out of knee surgery. Point taken regardless, and I agree, but I don't think it's fair to reference his performance while injured as a benchmark of his ability in a given area.

Post #17   7/8/07 11:56:03AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I don't think the Lutter fight should really be used as a reference at all honestly. He was like one month out of knee surgery. Point taken regardless, and I agree, but I don't think it's fair to reference his performance while injured as a benchmark of his ability in a given area.

Fair enough...I just think that Anderson is fortunate that he is in the UFC weightclass with the least wrestling talent. Could you imagine the troubles he would have if he were 15 pounds lighter?

Post #18   7/8/07 12:19:22PM   

opienyks

Learning to Sprawl

Career:56-21
Chips:
i think hendo would be able to take him down and GnP but I don't think that fight will happen unless Rampage beats Hendo and Silva beats Franklin.

Post #19   7/8/07 12:19:53PM   

tuthemaxx

Learning to Sprawl

tuthemaxx Avatar

Career:831-558
Chips:
yea that was a crazy beating so 1 sided silva will be on top for a long time i do not think FRANKLIN has an answer to the silva Question Crazy

Post #20   7/8/07 2:29:25PM   

kimoron

MMA Regular

kimoron Avatar

Career:687-420
Chips:
the guy with the best chance of beating silva is matt lindland. i would still give anderson the edge in this fight. matts best chance would be to put him up against the fence and pound on him but thats been proven to be harder to do to silva every time he has a fight. hendo would give him a good fight but his fight with misaki makes me doubt that he can beat a taller more technical striker whos footwork is on another level then his. anderson is far from unbeatable but for the moment i cant think of anyone who can.

Post #21   7/8/07 3:34:59PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Cung Le v. Silva. Hippy started it, and I think it would be great. What does Silva do against another striker of equal talent?

Silva would obliterate Cung Le. I am one of those guys who hasn't been impressed with Cung Le just yet. He has been fed several cans who didnt have the balls to press him with stand up skills. Once you get past Le's kicks, he doesn't have much (at least that we have seen yet).

Post #22   7/8/07 3:43:31PM   

scarf

Learning to Sprawl

scarf Avatar

Career:47-44
Camp: Team Taycv
Chips:
I'd say someone that would be good against silva would be a good thai boxer and clincher. similar to silvas specs, but he good overwhelm silva in the clinch.

now if someone like that existed...

Post #23   7/8/07 7:58:07PM   

gutoo

MMA Regular

gutoo Avatar

Career:35-16
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by buckndro

henderson could give him a run for his money

I agree, I think Hendo would beat him at 185. Silva is awesome , but no one is unbeatable.

for me is 50% for each other,great fight
anderson proved that he knows the ground and he is so tecnic

Post #24   7/8/07 9:42:58PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by the_Advocate

the ufc need s to stop with bs and bring in paulo filiho and dennis kang,,,up the ante in this mwt division...be nice to see lindland too but...not sure that will happen any time soon...paulo may be the man at 185 right now....think he trains with silva so not sure if that will pan out,.belt wise... but it will definitely expose alot of 185'ers

Definitely. Kang is the number one guy I want to see in the UFC soon. I think Henderson has a great chance against Silva as well.

Post #25   7/8/07 10:23:38PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
He is beatable...he's lost 4 fights. Him vs. Filho would be nice.

Last edited 7/8/07 10:53PM server time by cmill21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #26   7/8/07 10:53:10PM   

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:
I honestly think 7 People that can beat Anderson Silva.

Rich Franklin
Filho
Dan Henderson
Dave Terrell (if he dropped weight)
Travis Lutter (if he can cut weight and have Cardio)
Matt Lindland
and The guy who I honestly think that would beat Silva in a round 1 TKO via strikes would be

EVAN TANNER.

This guy is Anderson Silva's kryptonite, sure I might be a LITTLE biased, but I honestly think Evan Tanner could take Anderson down and punch him to a submission.

Post #27   7/8/07 11:30:14PM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

I honestly think 7 People that can beat Anderson Silva.

Rich Franklin
Filho
Dan Henderson
Dave Terrell (if he dropped weight)
Travis Lutter (if he can cut weight and have Cardio)
Matt Lindland
and The guy who I honestly think that would beat Silva in a round 1 TKO via strikes would be

EVAN TANNER.

This guy is Anderson Silva's kryptonite, sure I might be a LITTLE biased, but I honestly think Evan Tanner could take Anderson down and punch him to a submission.

Well I agree with Lindland/Filho/Hendo having a chance of beating him but why Lutter? Silva beat him with his own game with horrible knees before the fight. Also Dave Terrell would get killed if he fought Silva imo. Tanner same. Lindland can get the TKO because of his excellent ground skills and control..Hendo same thing and his good chin and Filho same as Lindland but they are friends so they probably wont fight. Franklin gona be beat just like the first fight =)

Post #28   7/9/07 5:27:27AM   

komodo20

MMA Regular

komodo20 Avatar

Career:1,556-1,094
Camp: L.I. TOP TEAM
Chips:

Posted by buckndro

henderson could give him a run for his money

It would be a good match up to see henderson vs anderson silva

Post #29   7/9/07 4:35:20PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Well, it wasn't technically a reversal, as Nate didn't secure the takedown yet...Silva was just able to finish the takedown. I would still say that his wrestling is indeed a weakness. I guarantee that wouldn't happen as easily to Hendo or Lindland. Also, both fighters that have tried takedowns on SIlva in the UFC have succeeded with ease...and Lutter got the mount with little effort as well. One takedown doesn't mean that he has great wrestling.

Conversely, wouldn't that mean that getting mounted once, doesn't mean his wrestling is bad?

I think he has great jits and can use it to counter being taken down very well... I don't know where all the "hole" in his game talk came from... The guy beat Lutter on the ground after all, was able to pretty much dominate Nate, and didn't even give Leben a chance to try and take it to the ground... Any fighter that wants to GnP Silva has to get through his strikes which is no easy task, and deal with his BJJ which is top notch... IMO, tough fight for anyone right now

Post #30   7/9/07 5:05:31PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3