Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sean Sherk Vs. BJ Penn for the title in November

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
Source: Beatdown

Aperantly Sherk has officially stated that he will face Penn for the Lightweight championship in November.

Last edited 7/8/07 2:56AM server time by richieb19
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/8/07 2:48:56AM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
if thats the case, then penn will whoop him.

Post #2   7/8/07 3:00:46AM   

TaporSnap

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,017-704
Chips:
bj penn will smash him

Post #3   7/8/07 3:11:47AM   

FeelTheJoy

MMA Regular

FeelTheJoy Avatar

Career:87-62
Chips:
sherk has it. alot stronger than bj

Post #4   7/8/07 3:24:38AM   

poet

Learning to Sprawl

poet Avatar

Career:573-344
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by FeelTheJoy

sherk has it. alot stronger than bj

So was Matt Hughes and BJ choked him out once.

I worry about Sean's ability... inability... to finish.
You give anyone enough of a chance and you are asking for trouble.

Post #5   7/8/07 5:05:41AM   

Destroyer88

Learning to Sprawl

Destroyer88 Avatar

Career:66-28
Chips:
Really hard fight to call. Sherk is of course the stronger fighter with better wrestling, but BJ didnt have a problem with Matt Hughes so that wont come into play in this fight. BJ has the better submissions, the better striking, and IMO the more experience against high level fighters.

On one hand I can see BJ catching Sean with a punch or knee, then going for a submission and winning. But on the other hand I can see Sherk taking BJ down, laying in BJ's guard or half guard or butterfly guard trying to punish BJ. This fight is to far away to call so I will come back and give my opinion in a month or two. But BJ hasnt been the same movtivated fighter for a long time so I dont know if he can stop 155 pounds of pure muscle. But BJ was able to take GSP the distance and some say he should of won that fight, while Sean Sherk got dominated by GSP. And then BJ dominated Matt Hughes twice while Matt beat Sean. I know not to do MMA math but you have to take that into consideration.

I know if Sean gives BJ the oppourtunity for a submission, BJ will take a hold of Seans neck or arm and win the fight.

Post #6   7/8/07 5:21:33AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I see Sean trying to give BJ the old sherk blanket special and BJ eventually getting ahold of one of his limbs and twisting it in a funny direction. There's just no way BJ is going to get layed on for 25 minutes without pulling off a sub. Sherk better think about learning to finish his opponents if he wants to have a chance against BJ imo.

Post #7   7/8/07 6:18:57AM   

Piranesi

Learning to Sprawl

Piranesi Avatar

Career:356-215
Chips:
If Sherk performs like he did today, it's going to be a long night for BJ.

Post #8   7/8/07 7:20:20AM   

pizanne9

Learning to Sprawl

pizanne9 Avatar

Career:1,438-804
Chips:
so... the beatdown got that straight from Sherks mouth

Post #9   7/8/07 7:42:47AM   

KingKash

MMA Regular

KingKash Avatar

Career:507-390
Camp: hot kASH
Chips:
If this fight does happen, then I am going to have to go with BJ with the win. He is too good of a fighter to just allow a guy to take him down at will. Sherk will cause problems for BJ, but BJ will be able to transition from one position to another a lot better than Franca did. The only thing I can see stoping BJ is if he gases in the fight. We all know that Sean will never gas out and will be able to push the pace the whole fight. It willl be interestig to see if he trains a lot more on his stricking for the fight against BJ and try to use it a little more, so he does not have to eat a knee everytime he shoots. I give Sean credit for being able to take the knees and keep going.

Post #10   7/8/07 8:00:55AM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
I was hoping this one wouldnt happen... They are both my favorite fighters. I see Sherk neutralizing him like he did with Franca though... Sherk has too much power on BJ.

Post #11   7/8/07 9:07:17AM   

jack

Learning to Sprawl

jack Avatar

Career:197-166
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
As long as BJ doesn't gas I think that he will take care of Sean. Sean is an phenom for his workouts but it seems like all he can do is transition to side control and then he doesn't know what to do. Franca's jui-jitsu is no where close to the smae league as Penn. Plus he is crazy legged flexible so keeping him down is not going to be easy. either way it will be an interesting fight.

Post #12   7/8/07 9:23:11AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
It's going to be BJ all the way

Post #13   7/8/07 9:30:20AM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
What makes you all say BJ is gonna dominate Sherk? You have to be kidding me and it's obvious you aren't looking at this logically. Sherk can and most likely will overpower BJ and impose his will on him, wear him down and tear BJ's mental game all to hell and beat on him start to finish. That's the realistic way of breaking the fight down.

Post #14   7/8/07 9:34:38AM   

jack

Learning to Sprawl

jack Avatar

Career:197-166
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by MisFiT

What makes you all say BJ is gonna dominate Sherk? You have to be kidding me and it's obvious you aren't looking at this logically. Sherk can and most likely will overpower BJ and impose his will on him, wear him down and tear BJ's mental game all to hell and beat on him start to finish. That's the realistic way of breaking the fight down.

Are you serious? Sherk got dominated by people like GSP, Hughes and had a heck of a time with Florian. I think that BJ has turned over a new leaf and is hungry again and that spells doom for everyone that he faces. Sherk is a strong WRESTLER, but that will only let him make it to the third round tops. I predict that Penn will win in the second round by rear naked choke. He is going to take SHerks back and then trap sherks left arm with his crazy flexible legs and sink in the choke.

Post #15   7/8/07 10:42:44AM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4