Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC owners reportedly in heavy discussions to sell promotion

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:5,603-2,991
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by traveller77

I disagree completely, this is great news if its real. Zuffa has brought us complete market saturation with 50 plus events per year, over 600 fighters on the roster, marketing geared towards pro wrestling fans, ridiculous rematches and the screwed over fighters who should've got the slot, slo-mo reaction to PED's, a boss who gets his news off twitter when he's not calling someone names or bragging about all his cash while he screws the fighters financially and puts the screws to their sponsors, then tells them they should be happy. The UFC has grown beyond the skills of current ownership and its holding the entire sport back. This wouldnt hurt the US economy in any way, the country the owner lives in matters not, only where the events are held and where those who profit from it live and spend. The tide is turning with fighters finally saying screw the UFC, so new ownership may actually be responsible for saving what we want the UFC to be; the place where the best fighters are, so we can see the matchups we want.

I'm not so sure I could get on board with this being great news the Chinese buying the UFC.

Post #16   5/11/16 2:06:31PM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,467-756
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by traveller77

I disagree completely, this is great news if its real. Zuffa has brought us complete market saturation with 50 plus events per year, over 600 fighters on the roster, marketing geared towards pro wrestling fans, ridiculous rematches and the screwed over fighters who should've got the slot, slo-mo reaction to PED's, a boss who gets his news off twitter when he's not calling someone names or bragging about all his cash while he screws the fighters financially and puts the screws to their sponsors, then tells them they should be happy. The UFC has grown beyond the skills of current ownership and its holding the entire sport back. This wouldnt hurt the US economy in any way, the country the owner lives in matters not, only where the events are held and where those who profit from it live and spend. The tide is turning with fighters finally saying screw the UFC, so new ownership may actually be responsible for saving what we want the UFC to be; the place where the best fighters are, so we can see the matchups we want.

I'm not so sure I could get on board with this being great news the Chinese buying the UFC.

But its not "The" Chinese, its "A" Chinese businessman. How is this any different than a russian billionaire owning a US based pro sports team? This happens all the time, MMA is global and you guys still seem to be thinking nationally. The guy also bought a pretty big hollywood studio and a growing number of other content providers. His companies are legit and he has the resources to put real professionals in charge. This move would be great for fans and fighters alike. Its just a matter of who he hires to run it, and you can expect a smarter, more level headed guy than we are used to now. Most importantly, this would bring forward thinking into the equation, Zuffa thinks about 4 months in advance, someone investing 4 billion has a long term plan. Dont be scared guys, think of this as obama-care, its only scary until its in front of you and you realize its no big deal.

Post #17   5/11/16 2:29:45PM   

jae_1833

Bullfrog actual

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:6,536-4,360
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It's not any different...they're both communist...just like Obama care.

Post #18   5/12/16 3:06:26AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,376-2,966
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by traveller77

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by traveller77

But its not "The" Chinese, its "A" Chinese businessman. How is this any different than a russian billionaire owning a US based pro sports team? This happens all the time, MMA is global and you guys still seem to be thinking nationally. The guy also bought a pretty big hollywood studio and a growing number of other content providers. His companies are legit and he has the resources to put real professionals in charge. This move would be great for fans and fighters alike. Its just a matter of who he hires to run it, and you can expect a smarter, more level headed guy than we are used to now. Most importantly, this would bring forward thinking into the equation, Zuffa thinks about 4 months in advance, someone investing 4 billion has a long term plan. Dont be scared guys, think of this as obama-care, its only scary until its in front of you and you realize its no big deal.

Unfortunately the Chinese government has their hand in pretty much every business. That's just the way things operate there.

Post #19   5/12/16 12:51:20PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:
I won't be all that sad if zuffa llc sells the promotion, however I would hope the good elements they have implemented can remain intact and improvements can be made areas I think they need it. It's too hard to say what the future holds one way or another anymore or what the status truley is today of their business.

Post #20   5/13/16 4:21:24PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:

Post #21   6/15/16 11:53:05AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,768-1,970
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
This just dawned on me..

What if the selling is real and close to happening and that is the reason for Fedor saying 'he's closer than ever' with signing with the UFC???

Post #22   6/15/16 12:49:21PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2