Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Conor McGregor tweets he's back on the UFC 200 card

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

MMA Sensei

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,328-811
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The plot thickens. Again.

Conor McGregor tweeted Sunday night that he is back on the UFC 200 card after a tumultuous few days between him and the promotion last week.

McGregor, the biggest financial draw in the sport and the UFC featherweight champion, was scheduled to face Nate Diaz in the main event of the card until last Tuesday. "The Notorious" announced he was retired on Twitter and a few hours later UFC president Dana White explained that McGregor had been pulled from UFC 200 because he wouldn't fly to Las Vegas to perform promotional obligations.

On Thursday, McGregor posted a lengthy statement on Facebook, clarifying that he wanted to focus on training after losing to Nate Diaz at UFC 196 and was willing to do some promotion now and some later. White doubled down, though, on Friday at a press conference, saying that McGregor was definitely off the UFC 200 card and the UFC was looking for a new opponent for Diaz.

Now, though, McGregor is saying he is back on UFC 200.

A request for comment from the UFC was not immediately returned Sunday night.

MMAFIGHTING LINK

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   4/25/16 2:22:43AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,805-3,180
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Money talks...

Post #2   4/25/16 2:41:11AM   

Five-Alive

MMA Sensei

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Money talks...

Last edited 4/25/16 2:50AM server time by five-alive
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   4/25/16 2:50:23AM   

Five-Alive

MMA Sensei

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
I wonder what excuses Dana will use for allowing him to fight after saying he's definitely off the card, on multiple occasions.

Lets see, probably something about the fans wanted it and their main concern is to please the fans. (which I don't think the fans wanted the fight. They wanted Conor but they don't really care for the Nate rematch).

They'll probably bring up how much Conor has done for them so it's only right for them to let Conor get off the hook here in return.

Lastly, they'll probably say Nate wouldn't accept any other fight so they had to do this fight or Nate wouldn't be on the card.

I'm guessing those are the 3 cards they'll play.

I'm guessing a lot of people here believes it has nothing to do with any of this and has to do with the 'benjamins' instead?

Last edited 4/25/16 4:04AM server time by five-alive
3 total post edits

Post #4   4/25/16 4:02:28AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 43-10

sparky Avatar

Career:4,894-2,696
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

I wonder what excuses Dana will use for allowing him to fight after saying he's definitely off the card, on multiple occasions.

Lets see, probably something about the fans wanted it and their main concern is to please the fans. (which I don't think the fans wanted the fight. They wanted Conor but they don't really care for the Nate rematch).

They'll probably bring up how much Conor has done for them so it's only right for them to let Conor get off the hook here in return.

Lastly, they'll probably say Nate wouldn't accept any other fight so they had to do this fight or Nate wouldn't be on the card.

I'm guessing a lot of people here believes it has nothing to do with any of this and has to do with the 'benjamins' instead?

Well in all fairness 2 out of the 3 cards youre talking about them playing are true.

McGregor has done a shit ton for the UFC and Nate did say he wouldnt fight anyone other than Conor but with that being said it is clearly about the money.

But no one can deny that the moment the fight was announced off they were dissappointed and how couldnt they be.

Post #5   4/25/16 6:12:15AM   

PatriciaBonnet

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Yeah...

Post #6   4/25/16 8:02:01AM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,336-1,452
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by Five-Alive

Well in all fairness 2 out of the 3 cards youre talking about them playing are true.

McGregor has done a shit ton for the UFC and Nate did say he wouldnt fight anyone other than Conor but with that being said it is clearly about the money.

But no one can deny that the moment the fight was announced off they were dissappointed and how couldnt they be.

Yeah, I watched that presser as it was streaming, and Nate and Dana fielded a ton of questions each about McGregor, and Dana kept on about how unfair it would be to others if McGregor got back on the card and even stated McGregor's next fight would be against the Aldo vs Edgar winner. Nate on the other hand, time and again made it clear that he would not fight on the card unless it was McGregor, anything else and he would "go on vacation".

One thing I think was clear though from the presser was that there actually is a LOT of demand for this rematch. It might not make a lot of sense to a bunch of us hardcore fans, but the media, and the fans seem to have a lot of interest in it, though I'd concede that much of their interest likely does revolve around the polarizing character that is Conor McGregor.

My question is, if this fight is back on, would it be main event again over the 3 title fights on the card, or would it be the main card opener or second fight in a 3 round contest?

Last edited 4/25/16 8:35AM server time by ufc_fanatic

Post #7   4/25/16 8:33:35AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,023-1,322
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Screw all this bullshit. Keep McGregor off. Special treatment shit is so damn annoying

Post #8   4/25/16 8:58:47AM   

handyman293

In Full Mount

handyman293 Avatar

Career:1,012-714
Chips:
UFC tweeted that this is not accurate. Time will tell.

Post #9   4/25/16 12:43:54PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,732-2,279
Chips:
i love all this WWE type of shit in UFC..pshh, save this drama for the soap opera shows..

Post #10   4/25/16 12:44:14PM   

dbflex

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Could you make a case that this whole furore has created more buzz for the card than McGregor's missed promotional work would have?

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #11   4/25/16 1:47:29PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,822-3,133
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by dbflex

Could you make a case that this whole furore has created more buzz for the card than McGregor's missed promotional work would have?

I think that's a safe thing to say.

Post #12   4/25/16 3:13:19PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 690-8

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:3,559-2,368
Chips:
Dana said its not true.. Looks like wishful thinking on Conor's part. Hopefully they come to an agreement that doesn't hurt the fans

Post #13   4/25/16 4:09:44PM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:
Outright lying on Conor's part. Pretty annoying.

Post #14   4/25/16 4:20:48PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,854-2,665
Chips:
Well someone is seeking attention

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #15   4/25/16 4:22:33PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2