Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who will Diaz fight now?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,116-1,941
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Was gonna make a poll but there are many options. Who do think he will fight/who do you think he should fight?

Welterweights:
GDP
Carlos Condit
Neil Magney
Winner of Brown vs Maia
Dong Hyun Kim

Lightweights:
Kahbib Nurmagomedov
winner of Pettis vs Barbosa
Tony Ferguson
Michael Chiesa
Al Iaquenta

Maybe someone else?

Most of the other good options are booked into June or July fights.

My preference:
1. Khabib Nurmagomedov
2. Carlos Condit
3. Tony Ferguson

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   4/20/16 12:28:23PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,737-1,971
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
1. GSP
2. Carlos Condit
3. Neil Magny
4. Tony Ferguson

Those are my 4 Top choices. But There are plenty of good ones.

I voted GSP #1 mainly for personal reasons. If he made the card that would have 1 of my All-Time favorites, 1 of my favorite current fighters (Edgar), and 1 of my favorite female fighters (Tate).

Post #2   4/20/16 1:55:05PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
I'm pretty sure they get it done, he and Connor still fight. If I were him I'd be looking at getting as close to the 155 belt as I could. Unfortunately for him eddie Alverez just took that shot. I can't see him trying to live at 170.

Post #3   4/20/16 2:19:14PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,068-1,431
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by postman

I'm pretty sure they get it done, he and Connor still fight.

This. Conor ain't retiring. I think he pressed Dana & Co. for more money and they declined so he threw a hissy-fit and didn't fly to Vegas. Now Dana comes own with the hammer to prove a point, it's about the Org. and not one specific individual.

Post #4   4/20/16 3:46:54PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,836-2,659
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Gsp
Lawler
Or ferguson in that order

Post #5   4/20/16 5:22:42PM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,330-1,448
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
I know I'd be happy with a Cerrone vs Diaz rematch. I believe if memory serves Cerrone has already started lobbying for the fight. I feel like that'd be a fun fight. Both guys have improved and are different guys than they were then. I think it'd be a fun fight. If he beats Barboza with no injuries coming out of the fight, I feel like Pettis would be a good fight for him in terms of being entertaining, and it'd get Diaz, or Pettis for that matter, closer to 155 title contention with a win, so it'd be a fight that makes sense. I just hope for the love of god it isn't GSP, should GSP return. I don't have any interest in seeing Diaz ragdolled for 3 rounds by the bigger guy at 170 again. Maybe Diego Sanchez at 155? I know Sanchez isn't what he used to be, but he's still capable of delivering some excitement and this is the type of fight I feel he'd thrive and excite in. Likely lose, but still might maybe be fun if Sanchez still has enough in the tank for it.
I believe Poirer has lobbied for the fight too, and I wouldn't be upset by that match up either. May be doing a little outside the box thinking here, but maybe Chiesa? Assuming I'm not the only crazy one interested in that fight, mostly because of the intriguing stylistic match up, that'd be a fight more for the hardcores since Chiesa isn't as marketable to casual fans, or at least I wouldn't figure him to be. Al Iaquinta is also a fight I think would be fun.
Tim Means would also likely make for a fun fight.

Post #6   4/20/16 5:24:04PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,087-2,917
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I want that Neil Magny fight personally. I think that's an excellent matchup.

Post #7   4/20/16 5:33:46PM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,330-1,448
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I want that Neil Magny fight personally. I think that's an excellent matchup.

I would like to see that fight as well. For sure it'd be a high paced fight since neither guy would get tired. I really like the fight stylistically. I thought about including it in my little list above of fights I'd like to see. It'd be an entertaining fight for sure. I just didn't, and still kinda don't see it being the direction they go with for a replacement fight for Diaz at 200. I'd expect something along the lines of possibly Cerrone. Easier to market to casual fans and as close to a lock as you can get stylistically for fireworks to try to ensure that UFC 200 delivers entertainment value I assume they are looking for out of the landmark event.

Post #8   4/20/16 7:19:44PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,698-998
Chips:
Where's your messiah now ?!

Nate vs Ferguson sounds really fun, definitely not a headliner for main event though.

Still holding out for McGregor to make a comeback here

Post #9   4/20/16 9:01:04PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,782-1,160
Chips:
Hell its ufc 200 go big think out of the box...

Nick vs nate at ww to confirm whose stockton slap ringith true!!!

(Always wished fedor fought his POS bro aleks)

Post #10   4/20/16 10:20:10PM   

Five-Alive

A Face In The Crowd

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,317-807
Chips:
Well Khabib is out of the question due to Ramadan.

I'd want GSP for personal reasons, like JLS
If not Georges, then probably Lawler because it's a BIG fight.
Then probably Condit, decent sized fight and exciting. Those would be my choices at welterweight.
For lightweight, I would say Khabib but that's not possible so I'll go with Tony Ferguson. Not a big fight but a fun one.
Not sure if I overly care for anyone else other than those 4.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   4/21/16 12:24:20AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Then probably Condit, decent sized fight and exciting. Those would be my choices at welterweight.
For lightweight, I would say Khabib but that's not possible so I'll go with Tony Ferguson. Not a big fight but a fun one.

If Lawler fought Nate and won then it would almost be automatic that Nick would fight Lawler in their very next match up

Post #12   4/21/16 3:56:29AM   

Five-Alive

A Face In The Crowd

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,317-807
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Five-Alive

If Lawler fought Nate and won then it would almost be automatic that Nick would fight Lawler in their very next match up

That didn't even cross my mind for some reason, I actually wouldn't mind seeing it unfold that way even though many would say it's unfair and this and that. But I think it would kind of been fun and entertaining.

Post #13   4/21/16 5:09:34AM   

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:1,963-1,226
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Based on who I'd most like to see Diaz lay a beating on, I'd go with Iauquinta. It'd be great to see Nate kick undeserved sense of accomplishment out of him, plus I hate listening to the guy talk, so a broken jaw might fix that. Next would obviously be Jury (personal reasons), but beyond that I just want Nate to fight, don't really care who.

Post #14   4/21/16 7:47:37AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

Based on who I'd most like to see Diaz lay a beating on, I'd go with Iauquinta. It'd be great to see Nate kick undeserved sense of accomplishment out of him, plus I hate listening to the guy talk, so a broken jaw might fix that. Next would obviously be Jury (personal reasons), but beyond that I just want Nate to fight, don't really care who.

Jury bang your sister or something ?

Post #15   4/21/16 7:54:40AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2