Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

mcgregor:loss a hard pill to swallow

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

roofer1967

MMA Regular

roofer1967 Avatar

Career:1,700-1,073
Chips:
This is just a bump in the road McGregor. He sells himself better then any fighter I have ever seen IMO he should have took another fight with someone who could have made weight at LW-155. Cowboy would have been his best choice. But 145-170 is just to much of a jump even for the notorious one hell if that would have been a boxing match he would have moved up about 5 weight divisions.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   3/7/16 6:16:01PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,845-1,197
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Hind site is 20/20 FKA. I'm glad Nate beat Conor just as much as the next person but not enough to pick Nate. And fact is you thought Conor was gonna win too.

What's the strangest about this is now you're stating it as fact that Conor won't beat RDA or Frankie Edgar.

You do this all the time FKA. And I'm not trying to pick a fight with you on this , it's just ridiculous. A few examples in fact that you did this was when you said Holly Holm didn't deserve a shot at Ronda Rousey, that she hasn't beaten anybody but then turn around and say Rousey has no chance in a rematch. Then you said the same thing about Miesha Tate doesn't set up her TD's well and is an easy opponent for Holly Holm. You also said that Cain would lose again to Werdum but the trend going here is you picked Rousey over Holm, you picked Holm over Tate, you picked Cain to Ko Werdum, and to this topic at hand you picked Conor to Ko Nate Diaz in the 2nd Round.

You're acting like Conor McGregor right now dude. Hind site is 20/20 bro.

First off i respect you buddy we may not see eye to eye all that often but the respect is there

Ok now.....,hindsight is 20/20...,....thank you captain obvious.....

Like 95% of the playground i picked the wrong guy ....,,what you don't know is this isn't the only fantasy mma game i play including one that actually uses real money.

Usually when there is a fight im back and forth on i pick different on each site.....this case i made money so being wrong on a free fantasy site doesn't bother me much.

It may come as a surprise to you but i don't take this fantasy game all that seriously its fun to me i play money sites to be serious.

I did say holm didn't deserve a title shot.....and i stick by that assessment i wasnt particularly impressed with her standup.

I did say rousey would lose a rematch....another statement i stick by...i just think holm stylistically has rondas number.....

I did say i thought miesha would get beat up and i was wrong pretty sure everyone's been there on this site....hats off to miesha.

I did say werdum will beat cain in a rematch,another statement i stand by.

I did pick rousey over holm to win,like you said i didn't think holly deserved a shot.
I did pick holm over tate like you said i was outspoken that i thought holly would win.
I did pick cain in the first fight,and did say werdum would win in a rematch which i still believe.
Finally yes i did pick conor last minute cuz diaz on a 2 week camp was risky .....but please remind me where i claimed he'd beat conor in the first place...

The trend is i give my opinion and 4-5 times i stick with it,am i often outspoken yes but thats why we are here to give our thoughts,discuss,and agree or disagree.

Post #17   3/7/16 6:26:35PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:2,945-1,697
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:
i dont think mcgregor is close to done or being exposed. anyone who claims it probably has more hope in it than actual belief.

i used to think it was him that pissed me off but ive found that to be untrue.

i dont mind his antics and his talking his bullshit. but i will say if he wants to talk down on his opponents he needs to be willing to take it too. if he wants to talk shit on nate and discredit him, he needs to be able to take the steroid comments with a grain of salt too. if he wants to say rda doesnt have a broken foot, thats fine, but he better be willing to take rda making fun of him losing. thats just how it is

what i have found though is that i hate mcgregors parrot-like fans that repeat his hype talk like its the word of god. those are the ones that make me happy that he lost.

mcgregor didnt need to be humbled on saturday. but his fans sure did.

Post #18   3/7/16 6:57:04PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,845-1,197
Chips:

Fucking gospel right there bro

Post #19   3/7/16 7:07:29PM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,364-1,473
Chips:
I'm just going to say I'm one of the few that picked Diaz. A part of me wanted to pick McGregor, and maybe I didn't simply because I didn't like him, as I've done that in the past (only picked GSP to win once I think against Diaz). I did feel that Diaz would pose problems and had a distinct grappling advantage over Conor. I felt Diaz's durability could be a factor and that his ability to take punishment and still be right in there to give some back, and his volume based striking could be an issue. I do think had McGregor been more economical and measure and used a lot of leg kicks and such he probably could've pointed Diaz to a decision victory. McGregor is definitely the more athletic and explosive of the 2. I don't think anybody would argue that. I just felt that somebody as durable as a Diaz brother could hang in there long enough to get a chance to make something happen, which did occur. I'd be lying if I said I thought it was definitely going to happen. I think I made the pick based on wishful thinking and just the belief in what COULD happen. I knew it was a major risk as a short notice fight for nate, but I just stoke with the assumption that the Diaz Bros are always in shape. Still, I was losing faith after the first round. Diaz took a beating but definitely was winning me back a little as I noticed the up tick in volume and pressure in the second. Regardless of who anybody picked, I think we can all agree that was one hell of a fight.

Post #20   3/7/16 9:07:15PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2