Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

mcgregor:loss a hard pill to swallow

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,845-1,197
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
linkroosy

Yeah i bet its hard to swallow you lost to a fat-skinny gazelle......

You got beat the fuck up on the feet and absolutely raped on the ground...

RDA......Frankie Edgar..........conor won't even be a chanpion long hell i'd take a full camp mendes over him.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   3/6/16 5:00:49PM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Career:2,623-1,423
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Please DO NOT:

1)...post in all capital letters.

2)...post the entire article.

3)...post curse words in the title.

4)...post your opinion on the topic at hand.

Even if you hadn't broken these rules this post is still ridiculous dude.

Post #2   3/6/16 5:28:03PM   

whodat

The Dawrkness

whodat Avatar

Career:2,019-1,126
Chips:
This is how I felt after the Diaz fight:

But FKA of course just comes off as a complete Conor hater with no respect for what Conor has done for MMA as a whole in such a short time.
Diaz, Jose, and Mendes would still have not broken a 6 figure base payday if not for Conor.
Hate his persona all you want, but at least recognize/respect how much he's grown the sport in such a short period of time.

Post #3   3/6/16 6:04:31PM   

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,373-838
Chips:

Post #4   3/6/16 6:21:26PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:
Im go ahead and be 100%.......day drinking is not always a great idea

I respect conor.....obviously i picked him lol

I respect he can sell a fight,i respect he took out Aldo in under 20 secs.....

I don't respect how he got to pick and choose opponents and then disrespect them after they lose due to a short camp.

He was proud he threw a punch and gloated about it later...he talked a whole lot of long shit he couldn't back up.

He got beat on the feet after nate took his best shots and kept coming rocking conor to where he desperately dove for a takedown and got subd with NO resistance.

Nate turned out to be the mystic one..

"You got choked out by two nobodies," Diaz retorted, referring to McGregor's two career submission losses. "You were submitted by lames not even that long ago, it was like a week ago."

Now conor got subd by a somebody.....

Btw what has conor done for mma that rousey didnt do first?

Sell fights?.....,he was first to be guaranteed 1million payday but your sorely mistaken if you think that is going to be the norm now.

He loses at any division......fw edgar waits........lw RDA waits

Conors title reign will soon end and this will all just be a funny little blip in mma history.

Last edited 3/6/16 8:05PM server time by fka
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   3/6/16 8:01:13PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
I was happy to see him clipped but damn dude! He has really handled himself like a true champion should. I'm impressed with how he has handled defeat. I actually look forward to seeing how he rebounds.

Post #6   3/6/16 8:01:56PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:
Tbh what could conor do otherwise????

Nothing controversial happened he was soundly beaten on the feet and especially the ground.

All he can do is take it like a man he literally has no excuses you took the fight on short notice but also had a full camp and was the one who hand picked nate.

He would look really bad if he did anything but just take his comeuppance lol.

Im happy he didn't complain about anything im still interested to see conor fight......buy glad he got taught why there is weight classes.

Post #7   3/6/16 8:10:54PM   

whodat

The Dawrkness

whodat Avatar

Career:2,019-1,126
Chips:

Posted by FKA

day drinking is not always a great idea

Blasphemy!

I need to rewatch the fight again, but I think Conor just gassed hard.
He was winning the first, but all the bombs he threw at Diaz completely gassed him.
From what I remember, pretty much everything Conor threw had everything behind, looking for the KO.
He thought Nate would crumble from his shots like all the 145ers, but Nate of course took them all like a G, and Conor was out of energy.
Then came the Stockton slaps, Perez boxing, and the Gracie JJ.
But I only watched the full fight once live.

Post #8   3/6/16 8:25:00PM   

State_Champ

"I love you, my bitches!"

State_Champ Avatar

Career:2,278-1,416
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by whodat

Posted by FKA

day drinking is not always a great idea

Blasphemy!

I need to rewatch the fight again, but I think Conor just gassed hard.
He was winning the first, but all the bombs he threw at Diaz completely gassed him.

Yeah, I don't think we've really seen Conor over-extend on his punches consistently like he did in this last fight. He was throwing bombs, for sure. And missing often.

Some people are saying Conor bought into his on hype too much, head hunting for the KO rather than implementing more measured, efficient strategies.

Post #9   3/6/16 8:34:34PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:
Yeah you need to rewatch its worth it..

Round 1 diaz started slow and conor started strong good distance,active,definitely tried to ko nate but never really hurt him.Nate landed some but mostly blocked and fainted nates arm/hand defense was on point he blocked alot of shots.

Mcgregor didn't gas.....he didnt have he power to drop nate once nate felt his best shots he just started to pressure and land on mcgregor.

You could see rousey in conors eyes.....he bought his own BS and during the fight his confidence dropped.

Nate broke him with pressure and accuracy and then nate hurt mcgregor forcing the desperation takedown and ultimately the finish on the ground.

Conor was outclassed by a guy on 2 weeks notice....

So where is jon anik going to get that 209 tattoo????

Last edited 3/6/16 8:42PM server time by fka
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   3/6/16 8:39:07PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #11   3/6/16 9:07:20PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:

Post #12   3/6/16 9:25:16PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:

Post #13   3/6/16 10:45:14PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,839-2,014
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hind site is 20/20 FKA. I'm glad Nate beat Conor just as much as the next person but not enough to pick Nate. And fact is you thought Conor was gonna win too.

What's the strangest about this is now you're stating it as fact that Conor won't beat RDA or Frankie Edgar.

You do this all the time FKA. And I'm not trying to pick a fight with you on this , it's just ridiculous. A few examples in fact that you did this was when you said Holly Holm didn't deserve a shot at Ronda Rousey, that she hasn't beaten anybody but then turn around and say Rousey has no chance in a rematch. Then you said the same thing about Miesha Tate doesn't set up her TD's well and is an easy opponent for Holly Holm. You also said that Cain would lose again to Werdum but the trend going here is you picked Rousey over Holm, you picked Holm over Tate, you picked Cain to Ko Werdum, and to this topic at hand you picked Conor to Ko Nate Diaz in the 2nd Round.

You're acting like Conor McGregor right now dude. Hind site is 20/20 bro.

Post #14   3/7/16 9:56:30AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,893-3,174
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Hind site is 20/20 FKA. I'm glad Nate beat Conor just as much as the next person but not enough to pick Nate. And fact is you thought Conor was gonna win too.

What's the strangest about this is now you're stating it as fact that Conor won't beat RDA or Frankie Edgar.

You do this all the time FKA. And I'm not trying to pick a fight with you on this , it's just ridiculous. A few examples in fact that you did this was when you said Holly Holm didn't deserve a shot at Ronda Rousey, that she hasn't beaten anybody but then turn around and say Rousey has no chance in a rematch. Then you said the same thing about Miesha Tate doesn't set up her TD's well and is an easy opponent for Holly Holm. You also said that Cain would lose again to Werdum but the trend going here is you picked Rousey over Holm, you picked Holm over Tate, you picked Cain to Ko Werdum, and to this topic at hand you picked Conor to Ko Nate Diaz in the 2nd Round.

You're acting like Conor McGregor right now dude. Hind site is 20/20 bro.

Exactly, take off those turd colored glasses once in a while and just discuss the topic rationally. I can't stand Conor either and I was out of my chair screaming and F-yeahing all over the place but I can still respect the fact that he had zero excuses and took a chance at a higher weight class (and didn't do half bad until he got clipped).

Post #15   3/7/16 1:19:49PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2