Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Leben unretires, signs with Bellator

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,385-1,670
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Bellator MMA signed Benson Henderson this week, and veteran heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov, and now has signed Chris Leben. The announcement was made by president Scott Coker on AXS TV's “Inside MMA.”

“He’s got some physicals to pass, but pending his passing of all his physicals, he will be a Bellator fighter. ... From the very beginning, we made a public statement - we've been transparent about this - that we’re looking for the best free agents that make the most sense for our roster. There are free agents out there. Some we will go after, some we won't. … We have a great roster in place. We’re building fighters from the ground up. ... And when the free agents we want are available, we’ll go after them, as well. So we're going to build this roster from the bottom up, and from the top down."

link

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   2/6/16 10:38:34AM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,794-2,218
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I want to see Semtex put Leben in zombie mode and then see them trade left hooks.

Post #2   2/6/16 11:28:43AM   

shaneTpain

GSP > everyone else

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:4,297-2,843
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
I'm lovin these crazy Bellator signings! Hopefully they match Leben up with some sluggers

Post #3   2/6/16 12:38:43PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

I'm lovin these crazy Bellator signings! Hopefully they match Leben up with some sluggers

While I agree and know it is a selfish want to see him stand and trade, he needs to retire permanently. I know he's hurting for money but is it really worth ruining his health? It's sad but I think he's going to ride his MMA career all the way to the end..

Last edited 2/6/16 1:00PM server time by tildengolfer
Edit note/reason: typo

Post #4   2/6/16 1:00:13PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:4,379-2,683
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Posted by shaneTpain

While I agree and know it is a selfish want to see him stand and trade, he needs to retire permanently. I know he's hurting for money but is it really worth ruining his health? It's sad but I think he's going to ride his MMA career all the way to the end..

How is he reuining his health? I think him on the heavy drugs is worse to his health than MMA is.

Post #5   2/6/16 2:52:09PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,178-1,352
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Posted by tildengolfer

Posted by shaneTpain

How is he reuining his health? I think him on the heavy drugs is worse to his health than MMA is.

Good point. Getting clobbered in the head has been a health remedy since the dawn of time.

Golf pro is right, leben has been getting clobbered and what's worse is he also has a drug problem. There are stories of him being out partying the night before fights. If dehydration due to weight cutting is a concern, I can only imagine how much worse it is when you actually spend your recovery period further deplenishing your body of water.

Post #6   2/6/16 2:59:50PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,248-1,424
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Leben has a thick skull he'll be fine lol

I mean look at chuck liddell .....oh wait horrible reference

Ima wait to comment until i see what kinda shape hes in.

Post #7   2/6/16 4:00:59PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,694-2,788
Chips:
This was Bellator's "big" announcement? Give me a fucking break.. I like Leben but the dude hasn't won a fight since 2011 and has been struggling with drug addiction for most of his career. Stupid signing IMO.

Post #8   2/6/16 4:34:39PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Posted by tildengolfer

Posted by shaneTpain

What I was trying to hint at without actually saying it, is the sad, stark reality is that unless Leben finds something productive to do outside fighting we will wake up one morning and read an article on his passing. And I speculate that it will be either self-inflicted or an over dose.

Post #9   2/6/16 5:18:13PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,656-2,237
Chips:

Posted by FKA

Leben has a thick skull he'll be fine lol

I mean look at chuck liddell .....oh wait horrible reference

Ima wait to comment until i see what kinda shape hes in.

Well Coker said, Bellator signed Leben...assuming he can pass the medicals... so it doesn't sound like he's been preparing for his comeback at all. And he did say he was broke not too long ago also.

I can't hold it against Coker, sure Leben shouldn't be fighting, but he also needs money to eat and pay bills.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #10   2/6/16 5:19:50PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:
Not bad at all. He gave his body a few years to recover and Bellators MW division is mostly sluggers anyway. He'll always have a punches chance. That might be enough to grab the title dead ass haha

I think Ward or either the winner or loser of Rogers-Sakara would be good 1st fights

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #11   2/6/16 6:36:10PM