Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tito Ortiz - Last Stand or a Rebirth?

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar
2

 
 
 


 
 
Posts:699
Career:618-368
Joined:Apr 2007
Chips:
45
Tito Ortiz once stood where Rashad Evans now stands.

Almost a decade ago, ‘The Huntington Beach Bad Boy’ was the young gun in the UFC, ready to take on the veteran stars of the Octagon, Guy Mezger and Jerry Bohlander. Ortiz had already suffered a defeat in his career (to Mezger), something Evans hasn’t yet experienced in his 15 pro bouts, but despite his one loss, there was a sense of excitement around the charismatic Californian, of a changing of the guard, something Evans hopes to repeat on Saturday’s UFC 73 card in Sacramento, California.


LINK

Post #1   7/6/07 9:01:16AM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar
1
 
 
 


 
 
Posts:585
Career:338-213
Joined:Feb 2007
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
39
it is do or die for Tito for sure

Post #2   7/6/07 9:24:15AM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar
 
 
 


 
 
Posts:1,008
Career:481-312
Joined:Jun 2007
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
31
Yeah i believe he really needs to pull this out i dont think its do or die as he has one more fight in his contract and he has already called out Shogun and Silva,But indeed he really needs this to get some respect and beat a top ten fighter....and get all the haters off his back.

Post #3   7/6/07 5:14:22PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar
1
 
 
 


 
 
Posts:884
Career:666-469
Joined:Jun 2007
Chips:
77
He always has a good performance. Went all 5 rounds with Couture, 3 with Belfort, 3 with Forrest, but he needs a win. It would be impressive enough to beat Rashad but if he finishes him he it will stand out even more since it would be Rashads first loss. I like Tito the fighter but outside the octagon I don't care much for him.

Post #4   7/6/07 6:27:00PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar
 
 
 


 
 
Posts:1,008
Career:481-312
Joined:Jun 2007
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
31
Tito is only 32 this isnt his last stand no matter who wins this fight.

Post #5   7/6/07 8:28:53PM   

FeelTheJoy

MMA Regular

FeelTheJoy Avatar
 
 
 


 
 
Posts:152
Career:87-62
Joined:Jul 2007
Chips:
3

Post #6   7/7/07 1:12:33AM   

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

 
 
 


 
 
Posts:230
Career:990-702
Joined:Jun 2007
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:
12

Posted by FeelTheJoy




Tito Ortiz is one of my favorite fighters, but it just seems like the only thing he is concered about is getting the title, if you watch all of his interviews he talks about his opponent about 25% of the time and the other 75% is I got to beat him, and him to get to MY title, MY title in which I have not held for quite some time.

I think he is way too much focused on a title than a person, it seems like Tito has no fire underneath of him, he is not fighting for what he used to fight for, he is not fighting for respect nor money, because he has both, he just goes out there making people hate him so they buy the PPV.

He needs a new motovation to fight, possibly if he loses, Jenna leave him for Chuck Liddell (yes I know Chuck is married, hint it was a joke) or she leaves him for Shogun Rua or heck even Rashad Evans.

He needs to fight for something other than the "Title"

Post #7   7/7/07 8:07:56PM   

Canadian-Pain

MMA Regular

Canadian-Pain Avatar
 
 
 


 
 
Posts:56
Career:282-198
Joined:Jun 2007
Camp: Canadian Pain
Chips:
8
does he have 1 more fight in his contract (after the Evans fight?) or was this the last ?

Post #8   7/8/07 1:38:01PM   

ultimateweapon

MMA Regular

ultimateweapon Avatar
 
 
 


 
 
Posts:100
Career:330-191
Joined:Mar 2007
Chips:
8
I think he has the evans fight again and probably one more for the UFC.
If the UFC drops him I wonder where he will go?

Post #9   7/9/07 11:58:16PM   

akhillez

MMA Regular

akhillez Avatar
2

 
 
 


 
 
Posts:52
Career:700-405
Joined:Jan 2007
Chips:
5
Jenna will help Tito find a new job in the bizness. She has a lot of contacts

Post #10   7/10/07 12:09:47AM