Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Who is the next Current fighter in Pride to come to the UFC?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,932-1,089
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I just feel it's gonna be Wandy. Eventually he will have to defend agaist Lil Nog, who I think is a bad matchup for him. I think Shogun will get a title shot and take the belt. Since they won't fight eachother, this free's up Wandy. I admit this has some wishful thinking, but you gotta have hope to finally see Chuck vs Wandy.
Also, Big Nog. I don't think they will give him another shot against Fedor, and he has beat Cro-Cop. The only thing to worry about is the rumor's that he is on some painkiller that wouldn't pass US drug screeing.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #1   1/30/07 9:16:20PM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:
i'd like to see shogun in the ufc, it would be good to see big nogin the ufc too. I don't feel like watching fedor give him more brain damage

Post #2   1/30/07 9:29:33PM   

Spiderman

MMA Regular

Spiderman Avatar

Career:72-42
Chips:
Now that the Ufc has broken the truce [ Pride and Ufc never went after each others fighters to keep salarys down , and profits up ] I think we may see a lot of Pride guys going to the ufc , and Ufc comeing to Pride . A lot will depend on how popular Pride gets in the USA ?

The fighters who im pretty certain wont be in the Ufc are the Nogs ! You would have to be a total mma newb to think they would want to come to the ufc after watching Lister vs Nate the great . They standup fights way to quick in the ufc , They dont allow fighters to work of there back . Not the place to be if your a JJ based fighter + the cage and 5 minute rds + the scoreing system geared toward wrestlers dont make the ufc a good place for fighters like the Nogs . The Nogs may leave Pride ?[ I doubt it ] I wouldnt mind Lil Nog leaving as he isnt getting any fights in Pride [ 1 in 2 years ] but if they do leave it wont be to the Ufc .

Post #3   1/30/07 9:31:31PM   

Sticksta13

Hardcore Surfer

Sticksta13 Avatar

Career:1,457-831
Camp: Team Valcom
Chips:
one if not both Nog's

Post #4   1/30/07 10:12:17PM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I just feel it's gonna be Wandy. Eventually he will have to defend agaist Lil Nog, who I think is a bad matchup for him. I think Shogun will get a title shot and take the belt. Since they won't fight eachother, this free's up Wandy. I admit this has some wishful thinking, but you gotta have hope to finally see Chuck vs Wandy.
Also, Big Nog. I don't think they will give him another shot against Fedor, and he has beat Cro-Cop. The only thing to worry about is the rumor's that he is on some painkiller that wouldn't pass US drug screeing.

I would LOVE to see Wandy come to the UFC, thats my dream fight.

I would also like to see Barnett make a return to the UFC, and Shogun.

Post #5   1/30/07 10:41:31PM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,918-1,173
Chips:
I think it would be cool to see Kharitonov in the UFC and he has had some tough losses in pride so i could definitely see him comin to the ufc

Post #6   1/30/07 11:03:28PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by Infused

[

I would LOVE to see Wandy come to the UFC, thats my dream fight.

It might be cool, but he didn't do that great last time he was there.

Post #7   1/31/07 1:00:41AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,671-1,011
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I think Dan Henderson will make his way to the UFC.

I love to watch Kazuhiro Nakamura fight. He may not win every fight, but he makes it exciting. I would like to see Kazuhiro in a different environment, maybe he would enjoy more success.

Post #8   1/31/07 1:16:29AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Aleksander Emilianenko is rumoured to be in negotiations with Zuffa.

rumors on mmaweekly like 2 months ago

Post #9   1/31/07 1:47:31AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,932-1,089
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Spiderman

Now that the Ufc has broken the truce [ Pride and Ufc never went after each others fighters to keep salarys down , and profits up ] I think we may see a lot of Pride guys going to the ufc , and Ufc comeing to Pride . A lot will depend on how popular Pride gets in the USA ?

The fighters who im pretty certain wont be in the Ufc are the Nogs ! You would have to be a total mma newb to think they would want to come to the ufc after watching Lister vs Nate the great . They standup fights way to quick in the ufc , They dont allow fighters to work of there back . Not the place to be if your a JJ based fighter + the cage and 5 minute rds + the scoreing system geared toward wrestlers dont make the ufc a good place for fighters like the Nogs . The Nogs may leave Pride ?[ I doubt it ] I wouldnt mind Lil Nog leaving as he isnt getting any fights in Pride [ 1 in 2 years ] but if they do leave it wont be to the Ufc .

As I understand it( from Josh Gross on the beatdown radio show) the Pride and UFC have always had ,and still do have a agreement to not go after eachothers fighter's that are under contract. As for the Nogs, they are great figher's and are always active from their back, and are pretty hard to tie up. I think they would be great fighter's anywhere, and if they left pride the only comparable places salary wise are the UFC and k-1 heroes. Heroes doesn't have enough good matchups for them, so "IF" they left pride the UFC would be their most logical option. Alos, I think the UFC stopped pursuing Alek's in a serious way when he lost the 2nd of his last 3 fights.

Last edited 1/31/07 5:47AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #10   1/31/07 3:48:38AM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
The way I think it might go down is which TEAM they dip into. Like if they should sign Aleksander maybe they will also pick up a couple guys like Zentsov and Sidelnikov. Or if they pick up Nog they will bring back Busta and maybe grab a Buscape or Bielkheden.

Post #11   1/31/07 4:03:02AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,671-1,011
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

The way I think it might go down is which TEAM they dip into. Like if they should sign Aleksander maybe they will also pick up a couple guys like Zentsov and Sidelnikov. Or if they pick up Nog they will bring back Busta and maybe grab a Buscape or Bielkheden.

Interesting point.

Post #12   1/31/07 4:17:16AM   

amik

MMA Regular

amik Avatar

Career:71-38
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Gomiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Gomi, come to UFC now!!!!!!!!!

In 2nd place, Joachi Hansen.

xD

Post #13   1/31/07 8:27:02AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Clearly any top fighter would be good news, but the UFC needs to shore up some weight classes more than others. Big Nog would help the most. What about Barnett? Didn't he say he wouldn't fight Fedor because of their friendship? Gomi or some other LW's would help greatly as well.

Last edited 2/1/07 11:22AM server time by roadking95th
Edit note/reason: removed babe

Post #14   1/31/07 2:15:56PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Big Nog (I'd love to see him fight Tim)

Shogun (I'd say Wandy, but he seems absolutly loyal to Pride)

Hansen (could make waves in LW div)

Kang (excellent adition at 185lbs)

All would be huge grabs for the UFC, this is all assuming that Fedor will get locked up by Pride...

Post #15   1/31/07 4:28:53PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2