Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gleison Tibau releases statement, reveals why he failed test

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,250-1,567
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
"Provisionally suspended" by the United States Anti-Doping Agency after potentially failing an out-of-competition drug test, Gleison Tibau released a statement Friday night reacting to the news that he tested positive for recombinant human erythropoietin (EPO) in an e-mail from his PR firm.

Check the full statement below:

link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   12/4/15 9:28:57PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,250-1,567
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Sounds like he knows he's guilty and he's beating the MMA press to it. Smart move on his part, but again sounds like he's been doing this and might be mentally overcome from this.

It tastes bad, like a loss inside the cage, but will be a big lesson, as experience to become more alert as an athlete of what can or can’t be done in the sport’s anti-doping policy.

I take full responsibility for my actions, and I believe the justice will punish if needed, but also clear me if proven.

I’m deeply sorry for what happened. I want to apologize to everyone involved, the UFC, American Top Team, my teammates and, of course, Abel Trujillo, who I fought on Nov. 7. I’m willing to give him a rematch, if he agrees.

Post #2   12/4/15 9:31:23PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,219-3,452
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Anyone else read it with a Brazilian accent? By the way, this drug is used in blood doping in an effort to increase endurance...so yeah, it's cheating and he is probably fucked.

Last edited 12/4/15 10:09PM server time by jae_1833
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   12/4/15 9:44:59PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Sounds like he knows he's guilty and he's beating the MMA press to it. Smart move on his part, but again sounds like he's been doing this and might be mentally overcome from this.

It tastes bad, like a loss inside the cage, but will be a big lesson, as experience to become more alert as an athlete of what can or can’t be done in the sport’s anti-doping policy.

I take full responsibility for my actions, and I believe the justice will punish if needed, but also clear me if proven.

I’m deeply sorry for what happened. I want to apologize to everyone involved, the UFC, American Top Team, my teammates and, of course, Abel Trujillo, who I fought on Nov. 7. I’m willing to give him a rematch, if he agrees.

I agree, you go down, you need to be accountable in offer to atone. I like that he faced up to the report like this.

Post #4   12/4/15 10:34:37PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,216-1,396
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I always liked Gleison Tibau, but this attempt to save face makes me think he has been on the juice for some time. He casually throws his former opponent Piotr Hallman under the bus while apologizing to Abel Truijillo, his most recent opponent, saying he knows how it feels. Only these two situations are quite dissimilar. Gleison beat Hallman by Split Decision, while Trujillo lost by submission to Tibau. Beating a guy who was on the juice is quite a different level of resentment than being choked out by a cheater.

Tibau mentions never having failed a test before, and having beaten fighters on PED's. But perhaps that was all just because he figured out how to cycle. He has always looked huge for the weight class. Now that they have the out of performance testing, this is what we are seeing. I wish I could believe him, and every single athlete that said they never knowingly took any banned substances, but that has just never been believable to me.

Post #5   12/5/15 1:55:31AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,998-1,142
Camp: Bonnie and Clyde
Chips:
It's seems like there has always been a race between the drug testing procedures vs masking agents, cycles and newer undetectable peds.

Post #6   12/5/15 4:24:27AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,219-3,452
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Oh there is for sure, just like armor vs arms and tracking vs scrambling....it'll go on longer than we will.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #7   12/5/15 8:08:52AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,325-1,830
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I always liked Gleison Tibau, but this attempt to save face makes me think he has been on the juice for some time. He casually throws his former opponent Piotr Hallman under the bus while apologizing to Abel Truijillo, his most recent opponent, saying he knows how it feels. Only these two situations are quite dissimilar. Gleison beat Hallman by Split Decision, while Trujillo lost by submission to Tibau. Beating a guy who was on the juice is quite a different level of resentment than being choked out by a cheater.

Tibau mentions never having failed a test before, and having beaten fighters on PED's. But perhaps that was all just because he figured out how to cycle. He has always looked huge for the weight class. Now that they have the out of performance testing, this is what we are seeing. I wish I could believe him, and every single athlete that said they never knowingly took any banned substances, but that has just never been believable to me.

Totally agree with your statement.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #8   12/5/15 1:17:18PM