Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC75 - Jess Liaudin vs Anthony Johnson

Print  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,381-1,565
Chips:
source: thefightnetwork.com

By Jim Burman (jim@thefightnetwork.com)

UFC TAPS LOCAL TALENT FOR SEPT. 8 LONDON EVENT

A trio of victorious European fighters from April 21’s UFC 70 have been lined up for matches at Sept. 8’s UFC 75 in London, England. Jess Liaudin, Paul Taylor and Alessio Sakara all finished their bouts in Manchester and have been invited back for the American promotion’s third and final UK installment for the year at the O2 Arena.

Welterweight Liaudin (10-8), who submitted Denis Siver (10-4) in under two minutes at UFC 70, recently announced plans to train at Dan Henderson’s Temecula, Calif. Team Quest facility in preparation for his match with American Anthony Johnson (4-0), who’s UFC career has lasted all of 13 seconds – the amount of time it took him to knockout Chad Reiner at June’s UFC Fight Night. Taylor (8-2-1) will face Marcus Davis (12-4) in a bout originally scheduled for Belfast, Northern Ireland’s UFC 72 until Taylor withdrew with a knee injury. Italian Sakara (11-5) hopes to continue his UFC revival on the heels of knocking out Canadian Victor Valimaki in 1:44 at UFC 70, though he faces the threat of Houston Alexander (7-1), who recently scored an upset TKO victory over the established Keith Jardine (12-4-1) at May’s UFC 71. As both fighters like to bang, this bout has highlight reel written all over it.

Post #1   7/5/07 8:48:08AM   

DangerousDjohn

MMA Regular

Career:448-248
Chips:
I guess Jess is an OK fight for Johnson. I really want to see him go at it again, kinda like I want to see Houston Alexander.

Post #2   7/5/07 9:13:18AM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
Laudin will submit Anthony Johnson in the first round and Sakare will KO Alexander in the first.

Post #3   7/5/07 10:20:31AM