Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Goldberg during the Rousey fight

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47

Bow Down

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:3,077-1,712
Chips:
I haven't bitched about Mike Goldberg in a long time, but I'm surprised no one is talking about how brutally biased he was during the Rousey/Holm fight.

Made it all the more sweeter when Holly crushed her with that head kick. I'm not going to look up the quotes but it was something like:

Rogan: "Ronda is gassed here Mike".

Goldberg: "It takes a lot of energy to be a super star".

Rogan: "It has nothing to do with being a super star, she's getting tagged like crazy".

Then there was....

Goldberg: "That may have been the first round Ronda has ever lost".

Rogan: "She definitely lost that round Mike, she was getting smashed".

Honestly, I'm just glad Rogan was there to make him look like the incompetent buffoon that he is.

I honestly don't care if this counts as "fighter bashing", the dude is an idiot.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   11/15/15 4:13:25PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,225-1,439
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

I haven't bitched about Mike Goldberg in a long time, but I'm surprised no one is talking about how brutally biased he was during the Rousey/Holm fight.

Made it all the more sweeter when Holly crushed her with that head kick. I'm not going to look up the quotes but it was something like:

Rogan: "It has nothing to do with being a super star, she's getting tagged like crazy".

Then there was....

Honestly, I'm just glad Rogan was there to make him look like the incompetent buffoon that he is.

I honestly don't care if this counts as "fighter bashing", the dude is an idiot.

I second this

Post #2   11/15/15 5:36:53PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,250-1,567
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I used to kind of like Goldberg, he was ok, didn't really have an opinion about him, but once more commentators started coming around, Bas, Florian, Stann, Cormier, Cruz, Bisping, Hardy (actual fighters) Goldberg is unfortunately a thing of the past. I have no idea how he still has his job.

Post #3   11/15/15 5:48:00PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,215-2,873
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I still cant believe she lost. Brutal headkick.
Has to be up there for ko of the year

Post #4   11/15/15 6:11:30PM   

State_Champ

"I love you, my bitches!"

State_Champ Avatar

Career:2,289-1,424
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

I used to kind of like Goldberg, he was ok, didn't really have an opinion about him, but once more commentators started coming around, Bas, Florian, Stann, Cormier, Cruz, Bisping, Hardy (actual fighters) Goldberg is unfortunately a thing of the past. I have no idea how he still has his job.

Don't forget Mauro Ranallo. Definitely one of the best.

Post #5   11/15/15 6:41:30PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by tildengolfer

I like Mauro and his tenacity, he'd make a good color commentator next to Rogan. But I personally would like to see more commentators who have grappling/fighting experience. That's one thing I like about Joe is he is detailed on his explanations so it brings another depth to watching the UFC PPV events. Imagine Rogan & Rutten, Rogan & Florian. The only downside to that if they might try to talk over one another/someone will be left out because they are both trying to detail some commentary.

Post #6   11/15/15 7:30:07PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,219-3,452
Chips:
With the shit that has been said about Dana White you still think you need to be careful about fighter bashing on Goldie?!

Do you even fight bruh?!?!

Post #7   11/15/15 7:55:47PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Then there was....

The first one was really bad, the "being a superstar" quip, but the 2nd was a misunderstanding.

I don't think he meant that Rousey might have won the 1st round, I think he was saying he's not sure if she's ever lost a round in one of her previous fights.

And as much as Goldie is a buffoon, Rogan is by far the more biased commentator of the 2. I have to mute most UFC events because Rogan can totally alter your perception of a fight with his horrendously biased commentary.

Post #8   11/16/15 12:44:27AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

All of those guys are great - except Bas. I'd rather feed my dog taco meat, put a microphone to his ass and listen to him fart for 4 hours.

Bas is downright horrible.

Post #9   11/16/15 1:23:11AM   

WorldChampions

Learning to Sprawl

WorldChampions Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Well said holm totally dominated her.

Post #10   11/16/15 5:10:39AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,468-3,140
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
The superstar line was so cringeworthy. I'm glad Rogan called him out on it. Goldberg has been terrible for a long time but not many other guys can play that role. Aink isn't any better. I think Wheelock is alright. I wouldn't mind seeing him take over that role in the next few years if the Titan thing works out.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   11/16/15 5:36:11AM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:4,261-2,612
Chips:
Rogan and Goldie both need to go. Rogan is very biased, supried he wasn't crying when Ronda lost w Dana.

Also you should hear Goldie do a Vikings game!

Post #12   11/16/15 12:57:58PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:
Goldberg has been an embarrassment to MMA for well over a decade. "It's not easy being a rockstar" I cringed so hard and really thought that some kind of retardation or serious mental handicap might of been inadvertently let out of the bag. At about a minute in the fight he said no one has ever foght this long with Rousey since the last Tate fight and some other timing stuff about RR, all of it absolutely wrong. He talks like doesn't know how to talk, why does every syllable in every word need to be stressed, why does important shit in a fight always need your card reading interruption?

I thought Rogan did really good at the end of this PPV, he was a useful peice of the broadcast enhancing the historic moment. None of it was a "Joe Rogan" cliche or any od his other less needed interjections. He made Goldie sound stupid for being saying stupid shit, he gave the moment the respect it deserved, he did one of his better post fight interviews with Holm by lettering her have it. He needs to be more of that and less of what he has been becoming more of lately.

Post #13   11/16/15 1:45:42PM   

Auntie_Razor

Standup Guy

Auntie_Razor Avatar

Career:1,435-869
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

I've never been a Mauro fan. He exaggerates too much...almost in a pro-wrestling kind of way. It's like he's blowing himself when he's describing things. Maybe I'm in the minority here. I guess I just prefer all of the entertainment to be what's going on in the cage....and not be sugar-coated by pre-scripted slogans during the action.

Post #14   11/16/15 3:24:38PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Auntie_Razor

Posted by State_Champ

I've never been a Mauro fan. He exaggerates too much...almost in a pro-wrestling kind of way. It's like he's blowing himself when he's describing things. Maybe I'm in the minority here. I guess I just prefer all of the entertainment to be what's going on in the cage....and not be sugar-coated by pre-scripted slogans during the action.

I kind of agree. I remember wanting to jump through the TV when Dan Henderson was fighting in Strikeforce and every other phrase was 'The trademark H-Bomb' 'Dan looking for that signature H-Bomb' 'And he's setting up the H-Bomb' 'his opponent needs to keep his eyes open and ready for Dan's H-Bomb' blah blah blah H-bomb, H-bomb, H-bomb, H-bomb, H-bomb

"He's got more game than a wildlife preserve!"
"Alien lifeform on the side of James Thompson's head, my God!"
"One thing we know about Thompson - great looking fighter, has potential but has a chin that’s made out of…well…Cinderella's favorite slippers."
"Which Abbot.. which Tank will show up tonight, Sherman or Septic?"
"Kimbo's not great on the ground... but Shaq doesn't make many free throws, and he still wins!"
Frank Shamrock: "Gina [Carano] is tough! I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole."
Mauro: "I'd touch Gina [Carano] with a 25cm pole!"
Brett Rogers smokes James Thompson like a Cuban Cigar in Little Havana." - After Rogers KO's Thompson.
"From Russia, with Glove!" - about Fedor
"High drama from Saitama!"
"Chonan recently had a tattoo resembling the God of Thunder.. well he just met the God of Lightning in the form of Henderson's fists!"
"He went down faster than the Titanic!"
"Yo, yo, yo.. and away we go!"
"And IT'S...ALL...OVERRRRRRR--not yet!"
"Dos Caras Jr. will be facing a baptism by towering inferno tonight while facing Cro Cop."
"He puts the O in ostentatious."

link

Post #15   11/16/15 7:43:11PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3