Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ronda Rousey on Holly Holm: 'This one's going to be a much longer fight'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,068-1,431
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Despite what the current odds tell us – and they suggest Ronda Rousey should mop the floor with challenger Holly Holm – the UFC women’s bantamweight champion thinks she could be in for a long night of work.

At least compared to her series of other quick blowouts.

link

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   10/7/15 4:47:01PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,836-2,659
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I dont see how.
She could arm bar her in less than a min

Post #2   10/7/15 4:54:09PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,873-1,141
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think it makes sense. Holly typically keeps her distance and if she's smarter than everyone who has fought her since Tate, she will have noticed rushing in doesn't work.

Post #3   10/7/15 5:01:54PM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:1,379-772
Chips:
If anybody rushes in it will be Ronda, if Holm can keep distance she can last longer BUT once Ronda gets the clinch on her I think it will end fast like it always does

Post #4   10/7/15 5:42:01PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,116-1,941
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Ronda is fixing fights now!!?!!$! Sadly, she is so much better then Holm in a MMA fight she probably could bet on the time of finish profitably.

Post #5   10/7/15 6:07:31PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,698-998
Chips:
She could be right. If holm is smart which I think she is, then her gameplan should be to keep the distance between herself and ronda at all costs.

Post #6   10/7/15 6:53:10PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:
Yeah Holm has great footwork and knows how to control distance. As long as she keeps circling with legs kicks and a respectable 1,2 she can keep Ronda at bay for a little while. I think if she had another fight or 2 she'd be a lot more ready for Ronda.

I think it could take 2-3 rounds but eventually Ronda will have her on the mat.

Post #7   10/7/15 7:43:40PM   

Gumby90

Hello

Gumby90 Avatar

Career:3-1
Chips:
The way Holly has been fighting (stylewise) I could see Ronda rushing in and still not getting hit.

If Ronda shits the bed she will lose but that should be the only way.

Post #8   10/7/15 9:15:48PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,782-1,160
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Holm isnt that good......ive yet to see her feared striking showup in the octagon.

She will be takin down at will and submitted or even kod.....holm standup is not scary shes not very rounded as a fighter.

Ronduh is crushing cans.......lol

Bethe was a can,so is holm she hasn't beaten anyone to get her in title position.

Odds dont lie this fight is lopsided i wont be watching this.

Post #9   10/7/15 9:25:06PM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:1,379-772
Chips:

Posted by FKA

Holm isnt that good......ive yet to see her feared striking showup in the octagon.

She will be takin down at will and submitted or even kod.....holm standup is not scary shes not very rounded as a fighter.

Bethe was a can,so is holm she hasn't beaten anyone to get her in title position.

But yet u will watch Fedor not just crush a can BUT fight a kick-boxer??? Obviously strictly cuz u love Fedor...say what u will about Ronda but at least she's beating MMA fighters...it's not her fault she is WAY ahead of these girls

Post #10   10/8/15 12:32:45AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:2,885-1,670
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:
theres no reason to look too much into this

1. everyone expects holm to keep her distance
2. rondas last 4 fights have barely gone over 2 minutes combined. so if it takes her 2-3 minutes to finish holly, its still much longer by comparison

Last edited 10/8/15 12:44AM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   10/8/15 12:43:32AM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,777-2,658
Chips:
I've said it for months but very few people wanted to listen to me. Holly Holm stylistically is not an easy fight for Ronda, considering she is bigger and knows how to use her range on the feet. I think this will be a much closer fight than a lot of people expect and I really wouldn't be shocked if Holm stole the championship away by outstriking Ronda and not going to the ground where Ronda is clearly superior.

More than likely tho, Ronda finds a sub in the 3rd or 4th rds.

Post #12   10/8/15 1:07:45AM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,777-2,658
Chips:

Posted by FKA

Just because she didn't finish, didn't mean she didn't absolutely own Marion Reneau. Mad hype was surrounding Reneau after her wins but Holm made pretty easy work of her. I understand some pople don't enough her style because she's not just gonna go out there and brawl, but stylistically this will be Ronda's toughest fight, no doubt in my mind.

Post #13   10/8/15 1:29:26AM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,782-1,160
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by rush13

Posted by FKA

But yet u will watch Fedor not just crush a can BUT fight a kick-boxer??? Obviously strictly cuz u love Fedor...say what u will about Ronda but at least she's beating MMA fighters...it's not her fault she is WAY ahead of these girls

Lol what do you think holm is a bjj wizard?

She was a well accomplished kickboxer who transitioned to mma but ran through cans at regional level.....watch all her fights she kick boxes lol.

To compare a retired 39 year olds comeback fight to a ufc championship bout is hysterical

Im not uber enthused about fedors rumored opponent but hes just as credible if not more so of a striker then holm is.

These fights both encompass the need for the favored fighter to get the fight to the ground and submit them.......both fighters opponents need to stay at distance and stay technical to win..

Both are crushing cans......one in the ufc for a belt,the other for a small fortune in the land of the rising son.

Post #14   10/8/15 1:46:42AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,698-998
Chips:
Stop with all this crushing can talk lol.

Zingano, miesha, mcmann and Davis are not cans. Bethe did not deserve the title fight but I still would not call her a can. She may be crushing them like cans but they are definitely not. Ronda is just that good a finisher.

I find it hard to believe as an MMA fan that you would not want to catch every single rousey fight live ! It's just a fucken spectical the way she demolishes them girls.

Rousey has it right though, holm is a smart fighter and she is not going to want rousey anywhere near her.

Post #15   10/8/15 2:43:22AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2