Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Emelianenko's first opponent revealed for New Year's Eve return to MMA

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:2,579-1,546
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Whoop! Whoop! That's the sound of Singh Jaideep!

Former PRIDE FC heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko has apparently found an opponent for his mixed martial arts (MMA) return, as the Indian-Japanese heavyweight kickboxer -- just 1-0 in MMA -- will step up to challenge the "Last Emperor" on New Year's Eve in Japan.

Does anyone still care?

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   10/6/15 11:19:55AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
...................................................oh boy.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #2   10/6/15 11:29:22AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:2,579-1,546
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It makes a mockery of his return. Such a shame.

Post #3   10/6/15 11:39:08AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,131-1,484
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
It's all part of God's plan.

Post #4   10/6/15 11:52:18AM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,205-1,997
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Looking forward to it.

Post #5   10/6/15 11:58:37AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,086-1,363
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Not really.

I mean if you seriously expected Fedor to come back and be a title contender well then I guess you could be disappointed, but I myself never expected that. He is fighting again because he loves it, he OBVIOUSLY does not care about how his legacy is viewed as he never even considered himself to be the best. He is a humble guy whom cares about the development of MMA as a sport. What is so wrong with watching this guy fight just for pure entertainment purposes rather than getting all pissy because he can't fight UFC HWs??

According to most Fedor is washed up anyways so why would you think he even would deserve to be in the ring with the Cains/Werdums/Stipes?? Wouldn't those matchups contradict the statement that he is old and washed up?? I really don't get it. It is like Fedor gets this weird low-key hatred from a lot of people. He is put really in a lose/lose situation when it comes to him fighting.

If he were to sign with the UFC everyone would praise him and say he made the right choice and blah blah. Then he loses and everyone would instantly turn on him saying how he never was any good and that he was just washed up and he should have never been in the UFC in the first place.

If he signs with someone else other than the UFC he is a greedy Russian whom only cares about collecting a paycheck. A guy who doesn't care about what the fans want. A can crusher who is old and washed up .

I watch Fedor because he my all-time favorite fighter. Not because I illogically think he could come back and be the best HW in the world like he was in the past all this time later. Win or lose I will continue to watch no matter who he fights because it is just plain fun to watch. Simple

Post #6   10/6/15 12:06:30PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Not really.

I mean if you seriously expected Fedor to come back and be a title contender well then I guess you could be disappointed, but I myself never expected that. He is fighting again because he loves it, he OBVIOUSLY does not care about how his legacy is viewed as he never even considered himself to be the best. He is a humble guy whom cares about the development of MMA as a sport. What is so wrong with watching this guy fight just for pure entertainment purposes rather than getting all pissy because he can't fight UFC HWs??

According to most Fedor is washed up anyways so why would you think he even would deserve to be in the ring with the Cains/Werdums/Stipes?? Wouldn't those matchups contradict the statement that he is old and washed up?? I really don't get it. It is like Fedor gets this weird low-key hatred from a lot of people. He is put really in a lose/lose situation when it comes to him fighting.

If he were to sign with the UFC everyone would praise him and say he made the right choice and blah blah. Then he loses and everyone would instantly turn on him saying how he never was any good and that he was just washed up and he should have never been in the UFC in the first place.

If he signs with someone else other than the UFC he is a greedy Russian whom only cares about collecting a paycheck. A guy who doesn't care about what the fans want. A can crusher who is old and washed up .

I watch Fedor because he my all-time favorite fighter. Not because I illogically think he could come back and be the best HW in the world like he was in the past all this time later. Win or lose I will continue to watch no matter who he fights because it is just plain fun to watch. Simple

I'll watch him hit pads because I'm a fan. He made me a fan, he kept me a fan, I am a thankful fan. Being a fan is difficult for many people to do in MMA because most want to latch on to whoever wins then disregard people they claimed to be fans of as they move on.

I think there are more skilled opponents out there, but I don't care. I care to see the fighter I am a fan of come back out of retirement and compete. I care to see what he still has left in the tank. This satiates what I want to see. If I wasn't a fan it would be about everything other than those things. I can understand why hate filled individuals like this, they crave a reason to degrade and insult and the options for doing so are endless based on their own justification, there really is no scenario what so ever that would prevent haters from trashing him short of him doing what no rationale person would expect him to do in defeating every Top 5 LHW and HW in the world, one mistep on that path validates haters opinion in their own mind.

Emelianenko's peek moment of his career came 11 years ago, 11. Yet a lot of small minded individuals will look solely to the present as a basis for projecting their views. Why? For what reason is there to levy unrealistic expectations today on what is a result of a glorious past. They are not the same. It's either lack of intelligence or hate that unsuccessfully attempts to preaches otherwise.

I think you said it best, lose lose situation. If expousing hate was my goal, I could twist everything about the man and his foretasted return into a negative. His return leaves one common ground for bother fighter fans and haters alike, both are happy.

Anyways, if you've never seen Singh Jaideep in K-1, he's competed at a pretty high level against dangerous KO artists. I wouldn't call him a great but he was a competent threat in kickboxing at his peek. Here are some vids.

His lone MMA victory:

Last edited 10/6/15 12:49PM server time by gdpofmpg
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   10/6/15 12:24:36PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,966-2,734
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Can crusher

Post #8   10/6/15 12:44:03PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,131-1,484
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Can crusher

Post #9   10/6/15 1:16:27PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
Yeah Jaideep is a decent enough kickboxer but I can't imagine it being too hard for Fedor to take him down and submit him.

Post #10   10/6/15 1:21:43PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:
How many cans of ravioli have you guys already crushed today?

Posted by postman

Yeah Jaideep is a decent enough kickboxer but I can't imagine it being too hard for Fedor to take him down and submit him.

I think not letting Singh get of any kind of offense from the clinch will be the key. Sure a long heavy strike could do him in, but securing the takedown and avoiding those knees and elbows are important.

Last edited 10/6/15 1:32PM server time by gdpofmpg
Edit note/reason: n/a

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #11   10/6/15 1:23:58PM   

VitoCapone

Standup Guy

VitoCapone Avatar

Career:3,133-2,030
Camp: Black Widows
Chips:
With all the talk about bogus matchmaking at Xplode Fight Series in California, I have to say, I think this is way worse. What a fuckin joke.

Post #12   10/6/15 1:57:11PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by VitoCapone

With all the talk about bogus matchmaking at Xplode Fight Series in California, I have to say, I think this is way worse. What a fuckin joke.

You think a 28 year old HW fighter whose career is in prize fighting at the top level agreeing to a match with a older MMA great returning from retirement is on par with a random women picked up out of the stands in a Native American reservation singing a waiver and fight a developing mma prospect? Can you expand on that? I don't see what you do, please help me understand the similarities.

Post #13   10/6/15 2:08:05PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I didn't expect him to fight elite, but with all the decent MMA talents in the world, at least go for someone that can actually defend themselves.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #14   10/6/15 2:08:44PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I didn't expect him to fight elite, but with all the decent MMA talents in the world, at least go for someone that can actually defend themselves.

The trips and throws will be a lot for Singh to overcome, but he has weapons of his own if the fight doesn't find the mat quickly. Fedor trying to win this mma fight by kickboxing like did with cro cop a decade ago could get easily result in a loss.

Post #15   10/6/15 2:23:20PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3