Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Possible Rampage vs Ortiz

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz (15-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) is willing to fight his friend (and current light heavyweight champ) Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (27-6 MMA, 2-0 UFC) — if the price is right

this would be a big money maker and could possibly go down if Tito beats Rashad.http://www.ufcjunkie.com/

Post #1   7/3/07 3:27:18PM   

Tons33

MMA Regular

Tons33 Avatar

Career:30-13
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
Id like to see it.

Post #2   7/3/07 4:29:49PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Id watch and pay to see it spice things up a bit and see what happens.

Post #3   7/3/07 4:37:30PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
I think Tito needs to earn a title shot.Stack up some wins against some top compitition first.

Post #4   7/3/07 4:38:03PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Ortiz lost to Liddell twice by a BEATDOWN. He also barely pulled a decision over Forest Griffin, who is not a first tier title contender.

What fight with 'Rampage' is he talking about?! I doubt that Ortiz is even in the top 5 UFC LHW

Post #5   7/3/07 4:55:29PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Ortiz lost to Liddell twice by a BEATDOWN. He also barely pulled a decision over Forest Griffin, who is not a first tier title contender.

What fight with 'Rampage' is he talking about?! I doubt that Ortiz is even in the top 5 UFC LHW

Oh god more Forrest propaganda. I bet you believe he barely won against Vitor and Cote also. LAME

Post #6   7/3/07 5:25:21PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
i agree with silverbullet though. and what forest propaganda are you talking about? what he said is true.

Post #7   7/3/07 6:00:14PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Yea you guys are right Ortiz is 32 hes done

You Ortiz haters never make any sense to me he looses to sum top guys who he has clashing styles with and all of a sudden hes done and he need to retire. Im so sick of hearing it. Ortiz is still a beast he can't beat Chuck we've seen that. Nog cant beat Fedor. its just sum guys ya cant beat. Ortiz is so amazing when it comes to stamina he always has a chance. Hes beaten top fighters and he gets no credit for anything hes done in the past. Im sick of it ill just be glad when the nay sayers shut up after Ortiz beats down Rashad. Except then they will say "Oh he beat Rashad who hasnt beat anyone" which ive been saying the entire time while people are saying Rashad is gonna knock Ortiz out! So apparently he cant get any credit no matter what he does. Im dropping it till the fight between him and Evans because seriously people saying hes crap dont know what they are talking about.

Last edited 7/3/07 6:27PM server time by DevonFoxy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   7/3/07 6:12:50PM   

komodo20

MMA Regular

komodo20 Avatar

Career:1,422-1,025
Camp: L.I. TOP TEAM
Chips:
It would be a good fight to see

Post #9   7/3/07 6:37:34PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:
I think Ortiz should definatley be right there lined up for a shot he has oly lost to liddell in the last couple years,and i think he can pretty much beat anybody except liddell,i also think liddell just has his number as does rampage with liddell.All yopu tito haters have to remember he has the best cardio and ground and pound in the game.

Post #10   7/3/07 6:39:09PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

Yea you guys are right Ortiz is 32 hes done

You Ortiz haters never make any sense to me he looses to sum top guys who he has clashing styles with and all of a sudden hes done and he need to retire. Im so sick of hearing it. Ortiz is still a beast he can't beat Chuck we've seen that. Nog cant beat Fedor. its just sum guys ya cant beat. Ortiz is so amazing when it comes to stamina he always has a chance. Hes beaten top fighters and he gets no credit for anything hes done in the past. Im sick of it ill just be glad when the nay sayers shut up after Ortiz beats down Rashad. Except then they will say "Oh he beat Rashad who hasnt beat anyone" which ive been saying the entire time while people are saying Rashad is gonna knock Ortiz out! So apparently he cant get any credit no matter what he does. Im dropping it till the fight between him and Evans because seriously people saying hes crap dont know what they are talking about.

I believe he will beat Rashad but he needs to beat some top guys to get a title shot.From 2002 to now he has lost to Chuck twice (both badly).Also one loss to Randy(The "truly best Eva"{eat your heart out Baroni}).Beat of an old man three times.Beat up a B level fighter who now fights @ 185 and getting better(Cote).He also has two split decisions against other B level fighter Forrest and Vitor.All good fighters but he should step up on the competition and beat some A level guys before a title shot.Machida ,Shogun ,Lil Nog,rematch with Wand, or something of that caliber are all good examples before he deserves to get another title shot.

Post #11   7/3/07 6:46:09PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:
For the guy above me Machida aint no real contender he isnt even that good,Vitor i would say an A level fighter,Shamrock isn just some push over either,but we will see i hope it shuts all you Tito haters up when he beats Rashad who is an a level fighter considering he is in the top 10.

Post #12   7/3/07 7:40:07PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
this almost proves tito will lose to evans.....why the **** is he even thinking about rampage when he fights rashad in five days......this man really is a dumb ****

Post #13   7/3/07 7:45:00PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

this almost proves tito will lose to evans.....why the **** is he even thinking about rampage when he fights rashad in five days......this man really is a dumb ****

Actually he is the smartest buisness man in all of fighting.

Post #14   7/3/07 7:49:12PM   

Metafour

MMA Regular

Metafour Avatar

Career:798-433
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

For the guy above me Machida aint no real contender he isnt even that good,Vitor i would say an A level fighter,Shamrock isn just some push over either,but we will see i hope it shuts all you Tito haters up when he beats Rashad who is an a level fighter considering he is in the top 10.

I would say Machida is a contender... He's beaten Rich Franklin, Stephan Bonnar, BJ Penn, Vernon White, Sam Hogar, ect. They are going to have to stick him in there with top level competition because he is undefeated.

Post #15   7/3/07 7:56:27PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2