Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Aldo vs. McGregor set for Dec. 12th at the MGM Grand

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:1,689-1,016
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo will fight Interim Champ Conor McGregor on Dec. 12 in Las Vegas, Dana White said Monday...

LINK

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   8/10/15 11:13:13PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,491-3,027
Chips:
I booked Braden.

Going to 194 and 195.

194 staying at new York hotel

195 staying at mgm hotel.

Double titles for both.

Sorry about Calgary getting fucked over

Post #2   8/10/15 11:21:58PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,953-1,167
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Should be a huge fight.

I'm personally not looking forward to all the build up, but I know a lot of people eat that stuff up.

Post #3   8/10/15 11:21:58PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Good to see a location and date has been set for this fight and ppv. I didn't think Calgary had much of a chance getting Decembers ppv and Vegas always seem more likely than Dallas to me.

With Rousey guaranteed off the card, I wonder who gets the co-main slot. The 3 available that come to mind are RDA/Cerrone, Weidman/Rockhold and Werdum/Velasquez. I would love nothing more than to see Weidman/Rockhold co-main under Aldo/McGregor, but my guess is RDA/Cerrone is the co-main and Weidman/Rockhold headlines the New Year's ppv with a Rousey/Tate co-main. Werdum/Cain I'm guessing happens on the Super Bowl weekend card.

Post #4   8/10/15 11:22:34PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I booked Braden.

Going to 194 and 195.

Double titles for both.

Calgary would have been an easy one for me to attend (and extremely cheap) but if they put this fight with a solid co-main and fun undercard then it won't bother me one bit.

I might attend 194 and 195 as well, just have to find out what card that MW title will be defended on as well as what kind of card 194 will be if the MW title doesn't end up on there.

If 194 has the MW title on it then I'll be going to that for sure and will miss 195.

If 194 doesn't have the MW title on it and 195 does, then I'll definitely be going to 195 and will consider 194 depending on what else it gets.

If the MW title doesn't end up on either and is defended at a later date, then I'll most likely attend 194, skip 195 and go to wherever the MW title is defended next.

Post #5   8/10/15 11:42:02PM   

Auntie_Razor

Standup Guy

Auntie_Razor Avatar

Career:1,435-869
Chips:

Calgary would have been an easy one for me to attend (and extremely cheap) but if they put this fight with a solid co-main and fun undercard then it won't bother me one bit.

I might attend 194 and 195 as well, just have to find out what card that MW title will be defended on as well as what kind of card 194 will be if the MW title doesn't end up on there.

If 194 has the MW title on it then I'll be going to that for sure and will miss 195.

If 194 doesn't have the MW title on it and 195 does, then I'll definitely be going to 195 and will consider 194 depending on what else it gets.

If the MW title doesn't end up on either and is defended at a later date, then I'll most likely attend 194, skip 195 and go to wherever the MW title is defended next.

I wish I had that problem of being indecisive as to which UFC PPV event I would be attending LIVE and in person.
I'm in Portland, OR now and I don't see the UFC coming back there any time soon. I'll have to settle for D-League promotions if I'm lucky.

Post #6   8/11/15 6:21:46AM   

TerrorofsesameST

Standup Guy

TerrorofsesameST Avatar

Career:1,962-1,272
Chips:
I'm not holding my breath on this one, every time I've gotten excited for an Aldo fight he gets hurt. I hope the UFC offers Frankie Edgar the fight this time if history repeats itself. Frankie Edgar can finish Conor I believe, via submission. I think Conor has the advantage on the feet.

Post #7   8/11/15 6:25:38AM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Auntie_Razor

I wish I had that problem of being indecisive as to which UFC PPV event I would be attending LIVE and in person.
I'm in Portland, OR now and I don't see the UFC coming back there any time soon. I'll have to settle for D-League promotions if I'm lucky.

I'm even further up north in Victoria, BC, Canada. Definitely isn't cheap for me and now with our dollar getting worse it's going to make it real difficult on me to attend as many events as I have been. After this upcoming Fight Night, these two ppv's and UFC 200 I may have to seriously cut back.....unless our dollar gets much better but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

Last edited 8/11/15 7:02AM server time by five-alive
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   8/11/15 7:01:23AM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TerrorofsesameST

I'm not holding my breath on this one, every time I've gotten excited for an Aldo fight he gets hurt. I hope the UFC offers Frankie Edgar the fight this time if history repeats itself. Frankie Edgar can finish Conor I believe, via submission. I think Conor has the advantage on the feet.

Yeah you never know but I'm thinking he'll make it this time. Like you, I really hope they have Frankie ready just in case they need another fill in. I believe he can win that fight as well. I also think Frankie can win that fight anywhere, on the feet and on the ground. He's does a good job of mixing it up.

Maybe they should put Frankie on the Dec. 12th card against the winner of Holloway/Oliveira or Jeremy Stephens.

Post #9   8/11/15 7:08:48AM   

TerrorofsesameST

Standup Guy

TerrorofsesameST Avatar

Career:1,962-1,272
Chips:
Yeah no doubt man Frankie is one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world. That guy could go back to '55 and be a contender, should have fought for the interim '45 title at ufc 189 IMO and he could drop to bantamweight and contend with the best down there I believe, if not become champion!

Yeah Frankie does mix it up very well, only thing like I said would be a disadvantage to him is the stand up and I'm not shitting on his skills whatsoever but Conor is so tricky on the feet and possesses more KO power then Frankie. But Frankie would never make the mistakes Mendes made, stand in front of him like a punching bag or get too cozy in the guard, you would see Frankie make Conor work his ass off from his back as Frankie would look for better positions to ground n pound Conor or submit him (my prediction if they fought :P)

Post #10   8/11/15 12:13:27PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Auntie_Razor

I was at Portland for ufc 102. Couture vs bi nog

The attendance was so bad I'm not suprised they never went back.

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #11   8/11/15 1:31:02PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

I booked Braden.

Going to 194 and 195.

Double titles for both.

Petty sure 195 is Weidman and rousey.

194 will be co main Dos anjos vs cerrone

With 196 super bowl weekend werdum vs Cain

U should go to 194 and 195.

I know u love Weidman.
But I would choose aldo vs Connor over the Weidman rousey double header.

Seen already 2 events with those two combined.

Post #12   8/11/15 1:35:33PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

I booked Braden.

Going to 194 and 195.

Double titles for both.

I know u love Weidman.

I'm thinking and feeling the same way you are. That's most likely the schedule and if it is than 194's more intriguing than 195. I have ZERO interest in attending Rousey vs. Tate 3. I attended their 2nd fight at 168 and really don't care to attend their 3rd. I'd rather have any other title fight end up on the Weidman/Rockhold card than that. I'd rather see Rousey/Nunes than that but that's not happening next (unless Tate gets hurt). Everything's pointing at Rousey/Tate 3 landing on the same card as Weidman/Rockhold (probably 195) and that's making me more interested in attending Aldo/McGregor at 194.

Idk if I'd really want to skip the Weidman/Rockhold fight for Aldo/McGregor since I get in contact with some of Chris' family each time I attend his fights. I also have a buddy that lives in Watsonville, CA (Luke Rockhold's town) who's pushing me hard to attend whatever card their fight ends up on and he's wanting to split a hotel which will really help with costs, especially on the weekend of Jan. 2nd.

If I do try and attend both 194 and 195 I'll probably need to find someone to split hotel costs with at both events and I won't be able to get top price tickets for either of them....but if it's the Weidman/Rousey combo again I don't care to spend top dollar on tickets anyway.

I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place if this is how it plays out and I try to attend both. It'll cost me over $3200 Canadian including flight/hotel and tickets costing less than $500 a piece. If I tried to stay at the MGM like usual (instead of NYNY and Monte Carlo) then it'll cost me over $3500 Canadian...

I should just move down to the south west and be done with it! I'm going to have no more arms and legs left after 194, 195 and 200 if I keep going like this.

Post #13   8/11/15 5:44:37PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by Five-Alive

I booked Braden.

Going to 194 and 195.

Double titles for both.

I know u love Weidman.

I'm thinking and feeling the same way you are. That's most likely the schedule and if it is than 194's more intriguing than 195. I have ZERO interest in attending Rousey vs. Tate 3. I attended their 2nd fight at 168 and really don't care to attend their 3rd. I'd rather have any other title fight end up on the Weidman/Rockhold card than that. I'd rather see Rousey/Nunes than that but that's not happening next (unless Tate gets hurt). Everything's pointing at Rousey/Tate 3 landing on the same card as Weidman/Rockhold (probably 195) and that's making me more interested in attending Aldo/McGregor at 194.

Idk if I'd really want to skip the Weidman/Rockhold fight for Aldo/McGregor since I get in contact with some of Chris' family each time I attend his fights. I also have a buddy that lives in Watsonville, CA (Luke Rockhold's town) who's pushing me hard to attend whatever card their fight ends up on and he's wanting to split a hotel which will really help with costs, especially on the weekend of Jan. 2nd.

If I do try and attend both 194 and 195 I'll probably need to find someone to split hotel costs with at both events and I won't be able to get top price tickets for either of them....but if it's the Weidman/Rousey combo again I don't care to spend top dollar on tickets anyway.

I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place if this is how it plays out and I try to attend both. It'll cost me over $3200 Canadian including flight/hotel and tickets costing less than $500 a piece. If I tried to stay at the MGM like usual (instead of NYNY and Monte Carlo) then it'll cost me over $3500 Canadian...

I should just move down to the south west and be done with it! I'm going to have no more arms and legs left after 194, 195 and 200 if I keep going like this.

Right now for Dec 12th

Thru expedia

Mgm is 140 a night.
Tropicana less than 100
And new York is 110 a night. Where I'm staying.
It's dirt cheap at the moment.

Jan.
Go thru mlife or expedia.
I got mgm fight night for 200.
Luxor is cheap some times too.

Saw tate vs rousey 2. Not looking forward to a third.
Don't like Weidman but I think
Weidman vs rockhold will be a war

Post #14   8/11/15 6:13:43PM   

Playground_Samurai

Spock>Every Superhero Ever

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,582-1,393
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by TerrorofsesameST

Yeah you never know but I'm thinking he'll make it this time. Like you, I really hope they have Frankie ready just in case they need another fill in. I believe he can win that fight as well. I also think Frankie can win that fight anywhere, on the feet and on the ground. He's does a good job of mixing it up.

Bet they'd give it to Faber if Aldo pulls out this time. I know Frankie just beat him, but McGregor is their golden boy and they're going to want to milk that cow as long as they can. Plus it makes sense with the new TUF series.

Post #15   8/11/15 8:35:05PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2