Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Report: Dana White: Belts not on Line with Henderson vs. Jackson

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
THIS IS COMPLETLEY RIDICULOUS, I MEAN IF RAMPAGE WINS OK(I THINK HE WILL ANYWAY)BUT IF HENDERSON WINS AND RAMPAGE STILL HAS HIS BELT PEOPLE ARENT GOING TO TAKE HIM AS SERIOUS,JUST LIKE WHEN LUTTER FOUGHT SILVA AND DINT MAKE WEIGHT SO THE TITLE WAS NOT ON THE LINE,WELL IF LUTTER WOULD OF WON I THINK HE SHOULD OF GOT THE TITLE,THIS IS JUST LIKE GAY ASS BOXING THEY NEED TO PUT THEM ON THE LINE.

Post #16   7/3/07 3:06:39PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Only championship bouts are 5 rounds. Expect 3.

Post #17   7/3/07 3:06:55PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
ahhhhh i forgot about that too,man this is wack they need to thrown those belts up to see what is really better pride or ufc,personally im thinkin ufc in this division,pride in the heavys,ufc in the welter and middl,and pride in the lights.

Post #18   7/3/07 3:12:13PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
Dumb.

Post #19   7/3/07 3:34:50PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by spider1179

Posted by Aether

Dana White has done so much for MMA but he's pretty unprofessional about the way he presents himself and his organization publicly. It seems ridiculous for the head of such a huge corporation to come out with official announcements and then just change his mind on the fly later on, talk massive shit about fighters that he personally doesn't like openly in the media, and swear like a sailor in every interview he ever does. He's really done a lot for the sport but if he wants it to become fully mainstream he needs to learn to act like a professional. This really isn't specifically about this one announcement, this is just an addition to his long list of highly unprofessional acts as the primary representative of this sport as a whole.

This seems like an incredibly stupid idea to me. I didn't personally think putting both belts on the line was a great idea but to put nothing at all on the line is an even worse one. They need to figure out what the hell they're doing as far as the UFC/PRIDE merger is concerned once and for all.

I read the article in the link and am wondering where in this was Dana's so called unprofessionalism. I'm not disputing the fact that he cusses like a sailor, but what does this have to do with this article or this discussion???

In this article it would be exactly what I said... the fact that he said both belts WERE on the line and then a few weeks later changes his mind. I really hope this decision was at least made WITH the fighters, not independently of them.

Post #20   7/3/07 5:36:08PM   

Zvonimir

MMA Regular

Zvonimir Avatar

Career:279-164
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Only championship bouts are 5 rounds. Expect 3.

Thats the part that really sucks. This should be a 5 rounder.

Post #21   7/3/07 6:18:41PM   

e-thug

Learning to Sprawl

e-thug Avatar

Career:1,218-646
Camp: BE Civil War
Chips:
I think this takes away the gloss of the event.

I really wish they would hurry up and sort out this whole Pride thing. Is it dead is it alive etc.

If Rampage wins then it makes Hendersons belt look weak and same thing if Hendo wins.

It justs makes sense to unify the belts if Pride is dead (which I believe it is)

Post #22   7/3/07 6:50:16PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
so really no matter what happens somebody will not be respected as a champ

Post #23   7/3/07 7:39:36PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
they should cancel the fight and make them each fight other people then