Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hanna Knightly - UFC 189 video

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 6 of 9   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8     9  
Posted By Message

Dr_Doom

Standup Guy

Dr_Doom Avatar

Career:235-176
Camp: Super-Villain Team-Up
Chips:
This thread is now locked. No new posts may be made.

Post #76   7/8/15 8:21:28PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,533-1,455
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Dr_Doom

This thread is now locked. No new posts may be made.

Any more posts like that I'll have you banned.

Post #77   7/8/15 9:33:58PM   

HannaKnightly

Learning to Sprawl

HannaKnightly Avatar

Career:5-1
Chips:
I will be creating an I told you so video after the fight on Sunday morning.

So many hateful comments from one simple video. In the end, Conor will win & so will I.

Post #78   7/9/15 2:17:14AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Do you know the people in the photograph behind you or is it one of those stock photos that come with the picture frames?

Post #79   7/9/15 2:47:38AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,533-1,455
Chips:

Posted by HannaKnightly

So many hateful comments from one simple video. In the end, Conor will win & so will I.

I know a lot of guys on here are being dicks to you but if you read the general tone of some of the comments you will see it's not about your picks at all... It's your know it all attitude on a forum with generally not a large number of posters and that definitely rubs most of them the wrong way

How is that good business to post an I told you vid anyway ? Most people are trolling you now and in turn you have become a little troll on here also

Post #80   7/9/15 3:24:26AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Please don't tell me you think an `I told you so` video is a professional way to accomplish your goal of subscribers and viewers and recommendations? Aside from that, which has to change, here are a few more things to take under advisement. First of all, it's not even betting advice when you're not including parameters on where you draw the line on the bet depending how juiced the line may swing the way you're planning to bet. I mean if every line was -100 and never moved, then yeah, no need to have a cut off point for when it becomes too diminished of a return for the risk. And if anyone would bet on Conor at -100 or -1000 the same amount because they think it's a lock then they'll be broke soon. Even if a bet placed at -1000 ended up a winner, it would still be a horrible bet in hindsight no matter how you look at it, novice or expert.

Use units, include parameters in case of major line swings, document your bets on one of the many sites you can do that at (which hopefully you are already doing). But these videos are waaaaaay too vague, not even on what you think you're holding back as your reasoning why someone will win, these are actually incredibly vague on the one aspect they shouldn't be vague on... the wager and you establishing your credibility. At least have a range on the moneyline where you'd be comfortable placing the bet up until what possible point and how many units of your bankroll you're confident in risking at that range. I'm not sure how else to put it, a quick Google search shows me you have threads going on at least a half dozen forums so hopefully you're hearing this same things elsewhere from people who regularly do bet on MMA. If I'm your target demographic as a sports bettor (all sports), believe me you're missing your target but it can be corrected.

No one you want to will follow videos that vague. And this isn't ripping on you. Good for you for starting this and using multiple forums and social media outlets to promote it. Your marketing exceeds the polish of your presentation.

You are missing the boat immensely by not establishing expertise or knowledge beyond or anywhere near what the viewer knows as their own knowledge because you are not talking in terms of moneylines and units and other betting terminology that will do wonders to establish your credibility with a lot of the audience. The only thing working in your current videos is you have the halo effect going based on some of the comments, but that won't work by itself at all. Be as vague as you want as to why you think someone wins, but you can't be vague about the actual bet. This isn't a sport where you bet on the spread so you can avoid mentioning the lines, this is a sport with uneven dynamic lines.

Use the halo effect, establish your expertise to your viewer by using the terminology of someone who really does this for a living and confidently communicate the parameters of where you see the value bet. There are no spreads in combat sports to justify avoiding explaining your view of where the value lies in the lines to you. I mean all of this in the most constructive way possible. You say you're `for the bettors`, but if you're just trying to pick winners and are not even mentioning the lines, believe me, no real sports bettors will have any interest at all in your videos.

None of this is written to take away from what you're doing. A few changes that I went over multiple times above and your hook would be so much better. And this is coming from someone who you have explicitly said is your target demographic. At least read this twice, and hopefully you'll recognize the areas that need work and why they do. Every new venture needs fine tuning for a while until perfected, this is no knock on you, you just started this and have more traffic than many others who have tried. But honestly, if the recommended changes aren't addressed in some way, then you would need to change who you think your target demographic is. Hopefully the suggestions were explained well enough for you to shore up the areas in need of some TLC. Good luck in the future.

Post #81   7/9/15 4:32:20AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,357-2,347
Chips:
When did Kpro become so serious?

Post #82   7/9/15 12:28:36PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by HannaKnightly

You obviously didn't read any or most of the comments

Post #83   7/9/15 12:30:32PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,221-3,420
Chips:
A I told you video when half the people who watch ufc are picking connor the other half Mendes.

It's not like your picking a live under dog or anything

Now if you picked like Henry briones to beat Cody or
Pfister to beat cedeno

Then I could see you making a I told you video

Post #84   7/9/15 2:12:03PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:3,098-1,799
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

A I told you video when half the people who watch ufc are picking connor the other half Mendes.

It's not like your picking a live under dog or anything

Now if you picked like Henry briones to beat Cody or
Pfister to beat cedeno

Then I could see you making a I told you video

Yeah but when you pick an underdog, you only win an extra $2 on your bet. She's picking the hotbout so if you pick it correctly, you get double the money.

Post #85   7/9/15 2:31:16PM   

HannaKnightly

Learning to Sprawl

HannaKnightly Avatar

Chips:
Like I said, I pick winners. I don't need to give out any additional info unless I choose to.

Conor McGregor = Saturdays pick
Jake Ellenberger = Sundays pick

You don't need to follow me. I never asked you to. I am simply posting my picks.

Boys know sports, I know sports-betting. Most MMA fans could not do as well as me picking winners. (as you will see)

I have many people following my picks. I posted some info to start, then I quit. I told everyone, there is no point in me posting info since I will not give you all the info that I have. I don't owe anyone anything.

I chose to post here for fun, if you really have an issue with me after I upload my I told you so video, I won't post here anymore.

Post #86   7/9/15 4:53:32PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by HannaKnightly

Like I said, I pick winners. I don't need to give out any additional info unless I choose to.

Conor McGregor = Saturdays pick
Jake Ellenberger = Sundays pick

You don't need to follow me. I never asked you to. I am simply posting my picks.

Boys know sports, I know sports-betting. Most MMA fans could not do as well as me picking winners. (as you will see)

I have many people following my picks. I posted some info to start, then I quit. I told everyone, there is no point in me posting info since I will not give you all the info that I have. I don't owe anyone anything.

I chose to post here for fun, if you really have an issue with me after I upload my I told you so video, I won't post here anymore.

We appreciate newcomers to the playground for sure, so we wouldn't want you to stop posting. That said the majority in this thread have high 60's pick% of picking the entire fight cards, not the main event or main card....well with Joe Warren as the exception of high 60's

Post #87   7/9/15 5:57:42PM   

HannaKnightly

Learning to Sprawl

HannaKnightly Avatar

Chips:
I won't be posting here anymore. I am not meant to be posting in forums. My personality is not one that too many people enjoy when it comes to sports-betting.

I apologize for causing a disturbance. lol Take care..

Post #88   7/9/15 7:18:56PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,221-3,420
Chips:

Posted by HannaKnightly

I won't be posting here anymore. I am not meant to be posting in forums. My personality is not one that too many people enjoy when it comes to sports-betting.

Wow.

And that right there is a history of my dating life.
When ever questioned or cornered or something upsets them they bounce out. Always get the take care at the end

Post #89   7/9/15 7:34:57PM   

Dr_Doom

Standup Guy

Dr_Doom Avatar

Career:235-176
Camp: Super-Villain Team-Up
Chips:

Posted by HannaKnightly

See, that was a big part of MY issue. You are here for your own purposes and not to bring something of value to the table.

You were given very specific details as to why you were not "accepted" as a whole. If you had made REGULAR picks, and maybe, just maybe contributed to a discussion or two, it would have been completely different. You could have kept your "trade secrets" to yourself and no one would have cared.

And on a slightly related topic, quitting is unacceptable, in any form of competition or life in general.

Shut down, retool and reformat. I don't NEED someone to tell me who they THINK will win. I need someone to tell me WHY they think that person will win. Surprisingly, most others here are like-minded.

If you can be accepted here, you can work it anywhere.

Please do not leave. We haven't even broke out the Hanna Montana jokes yet.

Post #90   7/9/15 7:43:13PM   

Page 6 of 9   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8     9