Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Joe Scarola Chosen for The Ultimate Fighter 6

Print  
Posted By Message

adamsb

MMA Regular

adamsb Avatar

Career:531-352
Chips:
Matt Serra’s star pupil Joe Scarola (3-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is expected to be a cast member on the upcoming welterweights-only sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter, according to a UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) source.

Serra and his archrival, former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes, will be coaches on the latest installment of the Spike TV reality series. The show is currently in production and is set to debut in September.

If the coaches choose teams as they’ve done in past seasons, don’t be surprised to see Serra secure Scarola with an early pick. After all, Scarola was actually the first student to earn a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Serra.

link

Post #1   6/30/07 12:34:10PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
thanks for this...

WAR SERRA

Post #2   6/30/07 12:52:34PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
Am I the only one who's starting to get a little tired with TUF? I mean don't get me wrong, it's a fun show and it gives plenty of opportunities for up-and-coming fighters... but now they can't even they're going back to old coaches, and whats worse is that they're holding back fights (WW title fight) solely because of the show... it almost seems the show is now more important than the actual UFC events. TUF 1 started in ;05 I believe, and only 2 years later we are on season six. Slow it down!

Post #3   6/30/07 12:59:13PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
yeah delaying the WW title shot is just inexcusable, they should really think about slowiing it down to 1 season a year as 2 a year is really bruning it out

By the way id already posted this along with some others + links etc on the main TUF6 thread but yeah sounds like good news

Post #4   6/30/07 3:18:05PM   

MMAStation

Learning to Sprawl

MMAStation Avatar

Career:695-391
Camp: BE Civil War
Chips:
delaying the title shot bothers me the most.

They should have serra defend atleast two times this year.

They also need to space out the seasons and maybe only do one a year as I think most people are getting burnt out on it.

Post #5   6/30/07 3:45:57PM   

ProfessorChaos

MMA Regular

ProfessorChaos Avatar

Career:101-47
Chips:
I don't see what the problem is with having 2 seasons per year as long as it doesn't stall a title fight. Nothing bad about adding more talent to the UFC....the MW division needs to have the next couple of seasons of TUF just to be competetitive with the other weight classes.

Post #6   6/30/07 4:36:45PM   

R-Bandd

Learning to Sprawl

R-Bandd Avatar

Career:461-367
Chips:
Well two out of three ani't bad. Delaying the title shots, and spreading them out bugs me also. Your supposed to want to prove your the best by fighting not hiding out. (I know it was dana's idea not matts) I do however like the seasons coming out one after another so fast. (reality reruns are boring) I also would not mind seeing a TUF that was doubble elem. (just to see more free fights, it would be interesting to see how fighters would respond to coming off of a loss.)

Just my 2 cents

Post #7   6/30/07 4:44:34PM   

rameydl8

Standup Guy

rameydl8 Avatar

Career:354-206
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:

Posted by adamsb

Matt Serra’s star pupil Joe Scarola (3-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is expected to be a cast member on the upcoming welterweights-only sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter, according to a UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) source.

Serra and his archrival, former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes, will be coaches on the latest installment of the Spike TV reality series. The show is currently in production and is set to debut in September.

If the coaches choose teams as they’ve done in past seasons, don’t be surprised to see Serra secure Scarola with an early pick. After all, Scarola was actually the first student to earn a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Serra.

link

good post

Post #8   6/30/07 4:53:36PM   

Tons33

MMA Regular

Tons33 Avatar

Career:30-13
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
I sat with a bunch of the serra guys at cage fury fighting and i heard about this then. Scarola is a beast supposedly and has had a long layoff but is back and coming hard.

Post #9   6/30/07 10:17:15PM   

J_wieting_9

Learning to Sprawl

J_wieting_9 Avatar

Career:1,018-700
Camp: Rage In The Cage
Chips:
TUF would be better with no coaches but have it like a 16 fighter seeded tourney show the fighters training with the actual fight teams and going though rounds. The episode would be fighter A training fighter B training then Hopefully a good fight then no need to worry about them drinking or fighting in the house.

I train MMA and hopefully will fight in the fall and I know if that i had by the biggest of my career I would want my people training me not people I didn't know who don't know my strengths and weakness.

Last edited 7/1/07 12:58AM server time by J_wieting_9
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #10   7/1/07 12:53:06AM