Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFCjunkie.com Exclusive: Houston Alexander’s Camp Says “No Truth” to Rumored Fight with Forrest Griffin

Print  
Posted By Message

buckndro

MMA Regular

buckndro Avatar

Career:580-376
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
Rumors that UFC light heavyweight Houston Alexander (7-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is set to face Forrest Griffin (14-4 MMA, 5-2 UFC) in his next UFC fight are not true, according to Alexander’s trainer and coach, Mick Doyle, who spoke to UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) today.

The rumored Alexander vs. Griffin fight surfaced from comments Alexander supposedly made at an Omaha Fight Club show this past weekend. Doyle, though, firmly denied the rumors.

“As far as the Forrest Griffin rumor, there is no truth to that, although we would love to fight him,” says Doyle. “I am pretty sure Houston did not say that (he would be fighting Griffin) to anybody at that fight.“

Of course, this news does not eliminate any future possibility for a fight between the two light heavyweights. It simply means that there is no truth — at this time — to the rumored bout.

Last month at UFC 71, 35-year-old UFC newcomer Alexander defeated the heavily favored Keith Jardine with a swift and stunning first-round knockout. Alexander was a 6-to-1 underdog entering the fight.

The explosive Alexander may have made a serious impression on UFC fans with his dramatic upset victory, but he’s not letting his recent success go to his head.

“It’s been crazy, but I’m ready to fight tomorrow,” says Alexander. “As soon as I got back from Vegas, I was back in the gym. I was back in the gym at 5:30 a.m. the day after I got back.“

Alexander’s coach confirmed his fighter’s intensity and motivation.

“Houston is so focused on his training,” says Doyle. “He’s training three times a day and never misses a practice. His ground game is progressing significantly, and his attitude is great.“

Doyle is a former world champion kickboxer who runs an impressive Muay Thai and grappling gym in Omaha, Neb. (www.mickdoyle.com). Doyle has trained some big names in Muay Thai, such as Renzo Gracie. Alexander also trains with Willie Stewart and Curlee Alexander.

We plan to have news of Alexander’s next opponent later today, so stay tuned to UFCjunkie.com.

Source : UFCjunkie.com

Post #1   6/29/07 5:12:05PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Thats good news for Griffin.

Post #2   6/29/07 5:45:11PM   

rameydl8

Standup Guy

rameydl8 Avatar

Career:354-206
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Thats good news for Griffin.

........one good fight with jardine and now hes a killer right? i think forest would handle him

Last edited 6/29/07 8:01PM server time by rameydl8
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   6/29/07 8:01:36PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Doesnt ,matter anyway cuz he is fightin Sakara not Griffin right.and ya he is a killer.

Post #4   6/29/07 8:02:52PM   

KingKash

MMA Regular

KingKash Avatar

Career:507-390
Camp: hot kASH
Chips:
A am just looking forward to seeing Houston lift another guy off his feet with a puch.

Post #5   6/30/07 8:52:21AM