Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hayato Sakurai

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:
Lately i have seen so many mixed things about Sakurai vs. Sanchez. Mmaweekly has it as a rumor, and this site has it for the fantasy picks. But in a recent interview Frank Trigg said he talked to Sakurai and he had no idea where these rumors were coming from and that right now he is sitting at home with his family. So does anyone else know whats going on with that whole thing?

Post #1   6/29/07 12:45:14AM   

MMA-guy

Learning to Sprawl

Career:18-5
Chips:
He is fighting Diego. Don't listen to Frank Trigg.

Last edited 6/29/07 3:06AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #2   6/29/07 2:54:21AM   

Sylar

Learning to Sprawl

Sylar Avatar

Career:28-14
Camp: Michigan technial knock out
Chips:
yeah my homegurl anne is a spokesmodel for the ufc and is real good friends with diego and hes sayin its on so yeah u can be sure it'll happen

Post #3   6/29/07 9:09:24AM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
Dana is gonna wait until the last minute to tell Sakurai, that way Diego wins.

Post #4   6/29/07 1:14:43PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
diego could prepare for several months, then attack sakurai from behind on the street without warning and sakurai would still win by brutal KO.

Post #5   6/29/07 3:30:03PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think this fight will be great. It will also tell us how far Diego has come, Sakarai has plenty from his back. I expect Mach to try leg kicking him to death though. However, his last time in the Octagon he did get stopped, so I wouldn't necessarily count out Sanchez.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   6/29/07 3:33:50PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I think this fight will be great. It will also tell us how far Diego has come, Sakarai has plenty from his back. I expect Mach to try leg kicking him to death though. However, his last time in the Octagon he did get stopped, so I wouldn't necessarily count out Sanchez.

Yea he was stopped, but it was by Hughes, Diego is not on Hughes' level. I think Sakurai will destroy Sanchez standing. It confuses me how many people are picking Sanchez to win, Sakurai has fought the best and is a great fighter.

Last edited 6/29/07 3:38PM server time by fedorwins1

Post #7   6/29/07 3:37:26PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by hippysmacker

... his last time in the Octagon he did get stopped, so I wouldn't necessarily count out Sanchez.

Yea he was stopped, but it was by Hughes, Diego is not on Hughes' level. I think Sakurai will destroy Sanchez standing. It confuses me how many people are picking Sanchez to win, Sakurai has fought the best and is a great fighter.

I agree fully... That was when Hughes was in his prime as well... Mach was his 9th win in a 13 fight win streak that lasted almost 3 years...

Anyways, my point is that Matt was an absolute beast back then (still is, but seemed completely unbeatable then)... And Mach still took it to the second half of the 4th round...

i guess Sanchez is the more popular fighter in the US, and Sakurai is really an unkown quantity... Or maybe some folks are just basing their opinions on his fight against Hughes... Doesn't make much sense to me either

Diego's def got skill, but he is nowhere near Matt's level in 02, no one really is... And IMO Sakurai has improved by leaps and bounds since his last fight in the octagon...

This is a baaaaad comeback fight for Diego... But a great fight for us fans, I really hope it becomes official

Last edited 6/29/07 5:15PM server time by pv3Hpv3p

Post #8   6/29/07 5:14:51PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Got to disagree with you bro, I think Hughes is a much better fighter now than he was then. Definitely more well rounded IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   6/29/07 5:49:41PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I agree that matt is better now than he was then, but I also still agree that diego isn't on the level that matt is OR was at that point AND that Sakurai has improved TONS since he fought matt. I won't count Diego out, he's a great fighter, my original post was mostly a joke because Sakurai is one of my favourite 3 fighters, but I do think Diego is the underdog here (as far as skill is concerned... not popular opinion)

Post #10   6/29/07 6:10:51PM   

JewJitsu

MMA Regular

JewJitsu Avatar

Career:398-238
Chips:
Sakurai will be the most cerebral fighter Diego has faced in the fact that he will have the ability to pick Sanchez apart on the feet and surprise him on the ground.

Post #11   6/29/07 6:30:44PM   

gcraig22

MMA Regular

gcraig22 Avatar

Career:617-408
Chips:
Sakurai via KO in the 2nd round. Leg kicks to slow Diego's takedown. Diego won't have anything left in the 2nd.

Post #12   6/29/07 6:38:07PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
i agree that hughes is better now than he was when he beat mach.
diego mach can go either way those of you who are certain have blinders on.
mach would win if he can stuff the takedowns his standup is better for sure and diego is an animal if he gets on top.
cant wait to see it

Post #13   6/29/07 8:23:26PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
When Snachez is on, his takedowns and ground-n-pound are devastating, I don't know if Sakurai can handle how relentless Diego can be

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #14   6/29/07 9:03:56PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:

Posted by zephead

When Snachez is on, his takedowns and ground-n-pound are devastating, I don't know if Sakurai can handle how relentless Diego can be

Mach does have his hands full with how relentless Sanchez is. His pace has won him close matches against Diaz and Karro. That being said Mach is much more of a devastating fighter than anyone Sanchez has faced. He brings a complete game that Diego has never been in the octagon with. Mach is a submission fighter who has finished 4 of his last 5 wins by KO.

Post #15   6/30/07 12:32:17AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2