Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

411Mania Interviews Tito Ortiz

Print  
Posted By Message

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
411Mania Interviewed Tito Ortiz. He talks a lot about his upcoming fight with Rashad Evans, his preparation for the fight and his future with the UFC. There is a brief discussion about a possible Fighters Union, which Ortiz said he wouldn't mind running.

411 Mania

Post #1   6/28/07 6:54:13PM   

buckndro

MMA Regular

buckndro Avatar

Career:580-376
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
Shall be good fight and i hope he stays with ufc seeing as he has been with them for so long as he says "a posterboy" for ufc for so long

Post #2   6/28/07 8:07:01PM   

Btews22

MMA Regular

Btews22 Avatar

Career:190-116
Camp: Oregon Top Team
Chips:
i am excited to see a ufc legend compete and am favoring him over evens i think the fighters should unionise the top fighters should make more money

Post #3   6/28/07 11:02:31PM   

ProfessorChaos

MMA Regular

ProfessorChaos Avatar

Career:101-47
Chips:
As much as giving the fighters more money sounds, it is not a good thing overall. If they start giving everyone huge money then they will not be able to keep every single superstar. They'd have to pick which stars to have and the rest would go elsewhere. Right now they get paid poorly, but we get dream matchups. Sucks for the fighters but it's great for us.

Plus, all unions suck and should be abolished.

Post #4   6/28/07 11:13:07PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I would really like to see the union happen,Dana White takes advantages of the fighters and does not pay them enough.i think ortiz would be the perfect candidate to run this operation.

Post #5   6/29/07 1:31:19AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I would really like to see the union happen,Dana White takes advantages of the fighters and does not pay them enough.i think ortiz would be the perfect candidate to run this operation.

Since Tito's not well liked by a lot of fighter's I disagree. I think Couture when he retires would be best. He actaullly mentioned this on the beatdown right after the Sylvia fight. He said it would have to be someone with nothing to lose. Since he would be at the end of his career, it would make sense. Plus, everyone likes and trust him, except for maybe Tito

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   6/29/07 2:39:18AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Tito likes Couture, I think it's Couture that doesn't like Tito. I wouldn't mind them having another fight. But at the same time I think Tito needs to train with Couture and learn from him in order to take his wrestling to the next level.

Post #7   6/29/07 11:02:35AM