Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I need help recovering faster and being more efficient with my nutrition for MMA

Print  
Posted By Message

Gumby90

Hello

Gumby90 Avatar

Career:3-1
Chips:
To any fighters and endurance athletes alike, I'm dying here. I'm doing full time work, half time school, and training 10-14 hours a week. I work a physical job and work out like a dog and can't heal fast enough. I'm trying to lose weight but when I cut my calories I suffer quite a bit.

My question, then, is whether theres a more efficient way to eat for healing and still trying to not over eat.

I'm 202 5'8 and pretty bulky with muscle but I carry probably 12% body fat too.

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   1/26/15 11:35:45PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:
I can give you minimal advice. I'm in no way bragging at all because i know this shit doesn't last forever but i got blessed with good genetics and have been able to fluctuate my weight yet retain muscle since high school. I'm 26, most i weighed HS 185, I'm 200 now, and i hardley ever do cardio workouts, i just lift cuz well...god damn i hate running. I've held a consistent diet though that is very simple. Lean meat, be it chicken, pork, venison, or fish.....more fresh vegetables than you can eat (asparagus is my favorite). Bread can suck it....except for pizza. I love rice. Fruits, smoothies. Just be dedicated to your diet, and your workout and you shouldn't have any issues man. Just a side note though, if fitness and being in shape isn't your living, don't forget to enjoy yourself...eat some brownies and ice cream every now and then...moderation bro, it's beautiful

Post #2   1/27/15 3:26:08AM