Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rumor: Houston Alexander vs. Forrest Griffin?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Forrest will be smart, take him down, and go for the sub.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #16   6/29/07 2:41:00AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
I hope this match happens!

I think one reason Alexander got the KO is because Jardine looked like he was using a weird stance. His hands were real high, it didn't look right. That could be why he was knocked out so quickly. He looked like a monkey!

Forrest looks like he is fighting more intelligently instead of just slugging it out and taking a beating. If he can avoid Alexander's aggression he may be able to kick/punch him down to exhaustion. Forrest by UD!

Last edited 6/29/07 8:41AM server time by leland
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   6/29/07 8:38:34AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
oh well it looks like the fight isnt happening since houston alexanders camp deny'd it

would be cool to see down the road though

Post #18   6/29/07 5:45:58PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
I Think this fight is a contender for Fight of The Year. 2 ppl that like to bang. Houston is alot more powerful both standing and in the clinch. but Forrest's striking is CRISP. i mean look wat happend to shogun, he picked him apart. This is a fight that can go either way. and to those ppl that think that forrest is nothing, over rated. i laugh at u. He is the MOST EXCITING fighter to watch. every fight he is in is a war. Tito, Bonnar, Shogun, Horn just to name a few. But Forrest's ground skills are underated due to the fact they arent used much. he controled jeremy horn on his back, horn never got past the butterfly guard for more than 10 seconds.

IMO, Forrest is the future of the UFC. although he is not in his prime yet, he is, as Dana says "Top of the food chain", and his fight against Houston if it happends, will be one i GOTTA see.

Post #19   9/23/07 3:43:39PM   

TroubleMan

MMA Regular

TroubleMan Avatar

Career:2,324-1,231
Chips:

I'd rather see Houston vs Wanderlei Silva. That would be some fireworks right there.

Post #20   9/23/07 7:13:46PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Errm ............ did nobody else see how gassed Houston was after his 48 sec fight and then again after his 75 sec fight? He wouldnt stand a chance against Forrest and he is badly overrated imho! Still hope this fight happens, dont make forrest fight machida like he was going too!!!

Post #21   9/23/07 8:25:01PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2