Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Another dirty drug test

Print  
Posted By Message

JIU-BOX-FU

Learning to Sprawl

JIU-BOX-FU Avatar
Record: 54-41
Camp: Strictly MMA
Chips:
from mmaweekly.com

Joe Pearson tested positive for THC after his loss to Urijah Faber, Alot of people on sherdog(there boards suck!!) were thinking maybe he had a medical marijuana license, but if he did, how could he be cleared to fight?? just wanted to inform you all, and im still waiting for a winner to have a dirty test(Besides Alves)

Post #1   1/30/07 11:18:25AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Record: 377-180
Chips:
Well Big Tim and Barnett both won their bouts before they got caught.

Post #2   1/30/07 7:53:04PM   

JIU-BOX-FU

Learning to Sprawl

JIU-BOX-FU Avatar
Record: 54-41
Camp: Strictly MMA
Chips:
its been a while since there wins, and with the recent dirty drug test outbreak in MMA, its kinda sad that people dont believe in themselves so they need steroids

P.S. Barnett and Big Tim wernt smokin weed

Post #3   1/30/07 11:07:54PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Record: 397-201
Chips:
Wasn't that the same card that Kit Cope tested positive for anobolic substances? I could be wrong but i think it is. The number of failed drug tests is on the rise, its scary.

Post #4   2/2/07 10:21:42AM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Record: 397-201
Chips:
yes that was the same event... and they both lost their fights. Wow, serves then right.

Post #5   2/3/07 5:07:09PM   

PeterGBO

Learning to Sprawl

PeterGBO Avatar
Record: 65-37
Chips:

Posted by JIU-BOX-FU

from mmaweekly.com

Joe Pearson tested positive for THC after his loss to Urijah Faber, Alot of people on sherdog(there boards suck!!) were thinking maybe he had a medical marijuana license, but if he did, how could he be cleared to fight?? just wanted to inform you all, and im still waiting for a winner to have a dirty test(Besides Alves)

I would like to see if he does has his license. If he does, I can get his team in contact with a lawyer who will make sure he isn't punished.

If he doesn't have his medical license, he needs to be punished like everyone else who breaks the rules..

Post #6   2/4/07 10:30:18AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar
Record: 1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I think when anyone who breaks a drug test or rule in the UFC or WEC, they should automatically have to face Cro Cop has a form of punishment. That will drop fail drug test drastically...haha..

Post #7   2/4/07 11:04:07AM   

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar
Record: 258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Kit took the steroid 13 months ago because he had major sholder surgery so he could heal faster. Its not like he is "juicing" to cheat...Alves took a dieuretic to cut weight the fact that it is a banned substance is ridiculous.

Post #8   2/4/07 11:49:13AM   

theKirK

Learning to Sprawl

theKirK Avatar
Record: 209-168
Chips:

Posted by shawneth

Wasn't that the same card that Kit Cope tested positive for anobolic substances? I could be wrong but i think it is. The number of failed drug tests is on the rise, its scary.

With the sport growing and the number fighters arising, statistically the number of failed drug tests should go up too. But yeah, it is sad that our pure sport is begining down the same paths as all the others. Soon we will have a HW champ crash into another car full of kids while he was all wigged out on coke and booze...

Post #9   2/4/07 11:28:53PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Record: 802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by shawneth

Yeah a lot of fighters are doing roids. I dont think it is due to higher usage. I think it is just Higher testing? Am I wrong? Feel free to correct me but arent there something like 200 substances that are banned that arent/ cannot be tested?

Post #10   2/5/07 9:31:53AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Record: 802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

Kit took the steroid 13 months ago because he had major sholder surgery so he could heal faster. Its not like he is "juicing" to cheat...Alves took a dieuretic to cut weight the fact that it is a banned substance is ridiculous.

But the fact still remains that Kit Took a Banned substance. Whether it was for performance enhancing or for healing a injury. He took them and they are banned. If he did it to recover from a injury faster isnt that a lot like taking them to train better?

Post #11   2/5/07 9:34:03AM