Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ronda Rousey vs. Bryan Caraway? Joe Rogan open to 'chick vs dude' UFC fight if they both 'talk enough s--t'

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,180-2,448
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I guess we should be glad that Joe Rogan is color commentator, and not Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) matchmaker.

mmamania

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   10/28/14 11:18:15AM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,664-1,025
Camp: Burlingtonians Only
Chips:
Yeah not a good idea. Probably the fastest way to get the sport deregulated and outlawed as the media plays highlight reals of women fighters getting KOd in dramatic fashion, regardless if it was a consenual fight.

Post #2   10/28/14 12:17:52PM   

Owens92x

MMA Sensei

Owens92x Avatar

Career:469-295
Chips:
Lay off the pot, Joe.

Post #3   10/28/14 12:19:02PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,180-2,448
Chips:
I'm surprised to hear him say this considering he was 100% against Fallon Fox fighting in WMMA.

Here's some of what he said -

"She calls herself a woman but... I tend to disagree. And, uh, she, um... she used to be a man but now she has had, she's a transgender which is (the) official term that means you've gone through it, right? And she wants to be able to fight women in MMA. I say no f***ing way."

Post #4   10/28/14 12:24:36PM   

jtgribble

Learning to Sprawl

Career:684-463
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
His issue with Fallon Fox was that she was fighting women without disclosing the fact that she was transgender. You can't really argue the fact that a man's frame has certain physical advantages. He has also stated on several occasions that as long as both fighters are aware of the possible physical advantages and agree to fight anyway then there is no problem with that. Kind of the same thing here. Caraway would have a significant strength advantage, but as long as they both understand and agree to it let them fight.

However, I do think it would be a bad idea. What would anyone have to gain from it? If Caraway wins, he just beat up a woman. If he loses, he'll never live it down.

All that said....If it happens, I'll be watching

Post #5   10/28/14 1:01:24PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,910-1,164
Chips:
Wow, this is pathetic even by mma "journalism" metrics. Firstly, this was the fight companion portion of the show. You know, where a bunch of them hang out, drink, smoke, watch the fights, and talk about it...mostly just random shit that comes to their minds (see schaubs 'I might have to fuck my way out' comment). Secondly, at one point he even made the disclaimer that he was just throwing shit around and they were all drinking so he'd better not see this on some mma forum. Thirdly, if they were going to just blindly grab quotes couldn't they have quoted "it isn't fair to take a quote, print it on paper, and take it out of context"? Also, his comments were regarding disclosure, which fox did not do when she began fighting other women. He hypothetically alluded to Ronda and caraway fighting if everything was on the table and they both agreed to it, unlike the sneaky shit he is referring to with fox.

This is just an absolutely embarrassing article to anyone involved with it. "while Ronda is probably as good as any male bantamweight" just had to throw that line in there to satisfy the fan boys. What absolute trash and yet another way to somehow get Ronda into a headline.

Just to further highlight how terrible this attempted article is, shortly after or before these comments he said 'what if Shane carwin had a gender change and just start destroying everyone in wmma'. Are we now going to throw some shitty article together with the headline "Shane carwin back to the ufc? Rogan says yes, if he has a gender change"? Then show a picture of Shane, a quick description of his fighting career, and then a series of quotes from rogan? That is exactly how ridiculous this is.

Last edited 10/28/14 1:41PM server time by airkerma
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #6   10/28/14 1:27:56PM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Wow, this is pathetic even by mma "journalism" metrics. Firstly, this was the fight companion portion of the show. You know, where a bunch of them hang out, drink, smoke, watch the fights, and talk about it...mostly just random shit that comes to their minds (see schaubs 'I might have to fuck my way out' comment). Secondly, at one point he even made the disclaimer that he was just throwing shit around and they were all drinking so he'd better not see this on some mma forum. Thirdly, if they were going to just blindly grab quotes couldn't they have quoted "it isn't fair to take a quote, print it on paper, and take it out of context"? Also, his comments were regarding disclosure, which fox did not do when she began fighting other women. He hypothetically alluded to Ronda and caraway fighting if everything was on the table and they both agreed to it, unlike the sneaky shit he is referring to with fox.

This is just an absolutely embarrassing article to anyone involved with it. "while Ronda is probably as good as any male bantamweight" just had to throw that line in there to satisfy the fan boys. What absolute trash and yet another way to somehow get Ronda into a headline.

Just to further highlight how terrible this attempted article is, shortly after or before these comments he said 'what if Shane carwin had a gender change and just start destroying everyone in wmma'. Are we now going to throw some shitty article together with the headline "Shane carwin back to the ufc? Rogan says yes, if he has a gender change"? Then show a picture of Shane, a quick description of his fighting career, and then a series of quotes from rogan? That is exactly how ridiculous this is.

I was just coming in to post the same thing.

Fucking pathetic BLOGGING. Not news.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #7   10/28/14 6:25:22PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,853-2,707
Chips:
This would never pass an athletic commission so why even talk about it

Post #8   10/28/14 11:35:34PM