Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Joe Riggs

Print  
Posted By Message

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=fighter.detail&pid=344

Notice the pattern?

1st fight: win
lose
win
lose
win
lose
win
last fight: lose

Does this mean his next fight will be a win...???

Last edited 1/30/07 1:13AM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   1/30/07 1:12:21AM   

slammadowg

Deactivated

Career:11-6
Chips:
lol, thats actually a pretty wierd pattern.

Post #2   1/30/07 1:49:25AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
They are always saying he has all this skill and potential. That in the gym in training he's a monster. I think his problem is mental, that's why's he's so inconsistent. In college I played football with a guy like that. His biggest problem was he was always thinking too much. He was a great athlete , but was always at his best when he was under huge pressure, running for his life. Give him a bunch of time to throw and he would make the wrong read, fumble, wait too long to throw, or do something that caused a catstrophe. Riggs reminds me of him, great ability, but can't put it together on a regular basis.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   1/30/07 2:36:28AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Very good point, and probably true. I'm a huge advocate of internal martial arts and/or character work for this reason, as it helps to clear up those types of problems.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #4   1/30/07 2:51:51AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Yea the UFC will prob toss riggs in with a WARM up match which he will win easy, and then toss him in with another big up and rising fighter to keep this record going this way.

We'll see I guess.

To note I'm not bashing him I just thought his record was pretty interesting.

Last edited 1/30/07 3:11AM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #5   1/30/07 3:09:36AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by shackle

Yea the UFC will prob toss riggs in with a WARM up match which he will win easy, and then toss him in with another big up and rising fighter to keep this record going this way.

We'll see I guess.

To note I'm not bashing him I just thought his record was pretty interesting.

That' s an interesting point . The only UFC victories he has against guys I would rank even top 20 at their weights are Diaz, and maybe Doerksen. (kind of a stretch I know, but he's ough and crafty) It could be he's just not good enough to beat upper echelon fighter's.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   1/30/07 3:21:30AM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:
has anyone else seen his fight with kendall grove? it made me laugh the first time i saw it because kendall's legs stick sraight out when hes unconcious!

Post #7   1/30/07 12:20:37PM   

EEKS

MMA Regular

EEKS Avatar

Career:182-110
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
Exactly IMO his loses that have been accumilating are mental loses, for example, in his last fight with Sanchez i did see him losing but not the way he did, that day i believe he lost the fight before he even stepped into the octagon. But its sill funny, thanks for pointing that pattern out, now i know what my pick will be in here for his next fight.

Post #8   2/22/07 7:32:38AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by EEKS

Exactly IMO his loses that have been accumilating are mental loses, for example, in his last fight with Sanchez i did see him losing but not the way he did, that day i believe he lost the fight before he even stepped into the octagon. But its sill funny, thanks for pointing that pattern out, now i know what my pick will be in here for his next fight.

Yeah his bout with Hughes jsut went wrong when he couldnt make weight. I dont anybody (including himself) didnt give him a chance then.

Post #9   2/22/07 8:35:55AM