Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

How much of a chance do you really believe Marquardt has to win?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
Just curious, because I don't want to pick Nate, and then he get pulverized (yeah, pun intended after last night.), by Silva. Who do you guys think will win, and what chance do you give Nate to actually win?

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   6/25/07 12:22:27AM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:
I think Nate has a great chance to win (probably a better chance than most people are giving him)...he probably has the best chance right now at 185 than anyone...

Great stand-up, wrestling, submissions, etc. It may turn out to be one of those boring fights, but Nate doesn't care about that...he just wants the win...he has a great chance of taking Silva down and dominating the GnP

In saying all of that...I still have the safe choice - Silva KO/TKO 2nd or 3rd...
Silva is an animal at times in the stand-up...I think he'll overwhelm Nate with punches, knees and kicks... Plus I think he learned from the Lutter fight that he needed to work on take down defense...AND when he fought Lutter he was more worried about getting Submitted...that isn't so much the case with Nate...

I don't know...just my opinion...the way things have been going this year...expect the unexpected...

Post #2   6/25/07 2:11:14AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Im definately going to wager and pick Nate, he has more ways to win that Silva, im sure he cant take him down and GnP him and maybe sub him, and he will be able to do enough to survive the standup, he is good at not getting hit

Post #3   6/25/07 9:22:32AM   

cincyassasin

MMA Regular

cincyassasin Avatar

Career:1,170-865
Camp: TEAM DEMON
Chips:
I'd say his chances are real good.........I picked him and bet on him so now I'll just sit back and collect my points and money.

Post #4   6/25/07 9:30:31AM   

LightsOut33093

Standup Guy

LightsOut33093 Avatar

Career:648-332
Chips:
although i have virtually no money

Post #5   6/25/07 11:03:00AM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
Nate is good at avoiing damage and even if its late into the fight he can pull a sub off

Post #6   6/25/07 6:10:51PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:919-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
40% i would say very good chance he could pull it off.

Post #7   6/25/07 6:21:46PM   

chuckw94

Standup Guy

chuckw94 Avatar

Career:1,454-875
Chips:
he has a better chance than rich franklin does. but i think anderson will win by ko.

Post #8   6/25/07 6:29:39PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
0%
silva 3rd (t)ko

Post #9   6/25/07 10:23:57PM   

Piccosaur

MMA Regular

Piccosaur Avatar

Career:3-1
Camp: RB Fighting Systems
Chips:
Enough to bet a third of my money on him.

Post #10   6/25/07 11:22:45PM   

senator

Learning to Sprawl

senator Avatar

Career:54-46
Camp: Tap-ouch!
Chips:
Everyones got a strikers chance. Although I don't know how many people thought Silva could man handle Franklin like he did. Should be a good fight real unpredictable cause Silva hasn't fought for a while.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   6/25/07 11:35:08PM   

Metafour

MMA Regular

Metafour Avatar

Career:798-433
Chips:
I think he does have a fairly good chance to win the fight but I would say Anderson takes it based on the following
-Anderson can and has proved in the past he can end a fight with strikes from any position.
-Silva has finished 14 out of his 18 wins
-He has beaten Hayato Sakurai, Jeremy Horn, Lee Murray, Rich Franklin, Travis Lutter.
-The only rough loss he has taken has been at the hands of Daiju Takase several years ago. His loss to Okami came by a DQ from an upkick that would have finished the fight had he been fighting in Pride rules. He stated after the fight with Okami that he was unsure that his move was against the rules. He was in my view winning his fight against Ryo before he got caught in one of the best submissions ever.
-Overall Anderson's record is much more impressive than Nate Marquardt.
-The top fighters that Nathan has beat have been Kazuo Misaki, Joe Doerksen and Dean Lister all by decisions.
-Marquardt most likely roided throughout his entire career in Japan knowing that the testing is not the same as it is in North America.
-Comparing their last 4 fights which they have both won all of Anderson has finished all of them with 3 by KO/TKO & 1 Submission. Nathan on the other hand has went to decision on 3 out of the 4 of his last fights. He lacks finishing power and in a 5 round fight with a guy who has the striking and BJJ skills of Silva he will most likely get caught eventually.
-If he tries to take Silva down and pound out a boring decision the fight is going to continously be stood up and this will work in Silva's favor.

Silva by KO/TKO round 3. Just my 2 cents.

Post #12   6/26/07 4:29:58PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
I put all $1080 of my money onto Nate.. I really hope he wins, but i'm thinking he won't.. I don't really care about the wager stuff that much, so i'm okay with losing.. It's a Win-Win really, because I picked Anderson to win, but i'm betting on Nate.. If I cared about the money, i'd be worried about losing it, but I don't really care that much.. and if Nate does win, my career record would be scratched, but it'd be scratched either way, because i'd pick Anderson 8/10 times in this fight..

Post #13   6/26/07 9:59:34PM   

gcraig22

MMA Regular

gcraig22 Avatar

Career:617-408
Chips:
Nate has never been knocked out. Silva has no takedown defense. I think Silva's submissions are over-rated. Nate won't be afraid of Silva.

Post #14   7/1/07 9:59:41PM   

kimoron

MMA Regular

kimoron Avatar

Career:687-420
Chips:

Posted by Metafour

I think he does have a fairly good chance to win the fight but I would say Anderson takes it based on the following
-Anderson can and has proved in the past he can end a fight with strikes from any position.
-Silva has finished 14 out of his 18 wins
-He has beaten Hayato Sakurai, Jeremy Horn, Lee Murray, Rich Franklin, Travis Lutter.
-The only rough loss he has taken has been at the hands of Daiju Takase several years ago. His loss to Okami came by a DQ from an upkick that would have finished the fight had he been fighting in Pride rules. He stated after the fight with Okami that he was unsure that his move was against the rules. He was in my view winning his fight against Ryo before he got caught in one of the best submissions ever.
-Overall Anderson's record is much more impressive than Nate Marquardt.
-The top fighters that Nathan has beat have been Kazuo Misaki, Joe Doerksen and Dean Lister all by decisions.
-Marquardt most likely roided throughout his entire career in Japan knowing that the testing is not the same as it is in North America.
-Comparing their last 4 fights which they have both won all of Anderson has finished all of them with 3 by KO/TKO & 1 Submission. Nathan on the other hand has went to decision on 3 out of the 4 of his last fights. He lacks finishing power and in a 5 round fight with a guy who has the striking and BJJ skills of Silva he will most likely get caught eventually.
-If he tries to take Silva down and pound out a boring decision the fight is going to continously be stood up and this will work in Silva's favor.

Silva by KO/TKO round 3. Just my 2 cents.

i was thinking the same thing. maybe you have my 2 cents.

Post #15   7/4/07 3:30:05AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2