Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nice Chin, Rich Franklin

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
heres the new champ, ryo machida!

Glass jaw

Post #1   1/29/07 11:39:46PM   

Chec22

MMA Regular

Chec22 Avatar

Career:299-236
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Thats crazy. The Spider almost gave us an instant replay of that.

Post #2   1/29/07 11:47:32PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Totally disagree, he doesn't have a Chin like a Nog or Chuck, but he's taken a lot of shot's from great striker's and shook them off, or recovered quickly. The Machida KO was nice , but more than one blow . The A. Silva Ko was a ton of repeated shot's. also, he wasn't totally out with either. To top it off, both guys are great strikers, Silva may be the best pure striker in MMA. Too me glass jaw means you get Koed with one blow on a regular basis. Maybe our defitions are just different.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   1/29/07 11:56:09PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i am a sith.
i deal in only total absolution.
if you get KTFO once, you have a glass jaw

/star wars geek.

Post #4   1/30/07 12:06:59AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

i am a sith.
i deal in only total absolution.
if you get KTFO once, you have a glass jaw

/star wars geek.

LOL, I have to admit , tha's a response I didn't see coming.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   1/30/07 12:10:06AM   

slammadowg

Deactivated

Career:11-6
Chips:
He doesnt have the best chin but its not like he gets dropped left and right. When he goes down its because he was hit HARD.

Post #6   1/30/07 12:50:41AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Totally disagree, he doesn't have a Chin like a Nog or Chuck, but he's taken a lot of shot's from great striker's and shook them off, or recovered quickly. The Machida KO was nice , but more than one blow . The A. Silva Ko was a ton of repeated shot's. also, he wasn't totally out with either. To top it off, both guys are great strikers, Silva may be the best pure striker in MMA. Too me glass jaw means you get Koed with one blow on a regular basis. Maybe our defitions are just different.

Agreed. Franklin doesn't get knocked out cold, and does have good recovery time. When he won the belt from Tanner, he got socked HARD in the first and still managed to pull it off. He even admitted to Rogan during the post fight that he got hit so hard, he didn't remember it, but he still managed to fight despite this.

Hes no Mark Hunt, but hes no Mike Bourke either.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #7   1/30/07 12:53:33AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by hippysmacker

Agreed. Franklin doesn't get knocked out cold, and does have good recovery time. When he won the belt from Tanner, he got socked HARD in the first and still managed to pull it off. He even admitted to Rogan during the post fight that he got hit so hard, he didn't remember it, but he still managed to fight despite this.

Hes no Mark Hunt, but hes no Mike Bourke either.

You can't hate on a guy for getting knocked out with kneestrikes... OK, what I meant was you can't hate on a guy's chin for gettin KO'd by kneestrikes, it ws just a horrible gameplan...

He even said himself that he thought he could win it in the clinch... Are you crazy? A.Silva has been practicing Muay Thai for like over a decade, and there's a reason they call it a THAI CLINCH

lol, Mike Bourke

Post #8   1/30/07 5:39:49PM   

lerhinge

Learning to Sprawl

lerhinge Avatar

Career:749-464
Chips:
He was dropped by tanner and Loiseau despite completely dominating them for most of the fight and both times after like 1 strike. He doesn't really have a very good jaw, but he seems to have decent recovery.

Post #9   1/30/07 8:11:39PM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,925-1,182
Chips:
He dosent have a glass jaw but its not to strong either he seems to get rocked easliy but has really good recovery time

Post #10   1/30/07 8:22:01PM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

You always have good answers in your posts, i like it, and its usually what I am thinking too.

Yeah I don't think he has a shitty chin, but its not super good either, but when he does get hit, he can recover pretty fast.

Post #11   1/30/07 10:50:55PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by lerhinge

He was dropped by tanner and Loiseau despite completely dominating them for most of the fight and both times after like 1 strike. He doesn't really have a very good jaw, but he seems to have decent recovery.

Dropped and knocked out are two different stories...

he showed excellent recovery in both those fights, and I guess I put recovery in the 'chin' catagory

Post #12   1/31/07 6:31:41PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I think it actually took less strikes from Anderson to TKO Leben then it did Rich.

Post #13   2/1/07 1:05:34AM   

lerhinge

Learning to Sprawl

lerhinge Avatar

Career:749-464
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by lerhinge

Dropped and knocked out are two different stories...

he showed excellent recovery in both those fights, and I guess I put recovery in the 'chin' catagory

Of course they're different, otherwise I would mention Machida and Silva. And if you put chin and recovery in one universal durabilty category than I would agree that Rich isn't really so bad.

Post #14   2/1/07 3:26:43AM   

allevil86

MMA Regular

allevil86 Avatar

Career:29-18
Camp: MidwestSwing
Chips:
Ace took a ton of shots from A. Silva before he finally went down.

Last edited 2/1/07 12:05PM server time by allevil86
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   2/1/07 12:05:35PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2