Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

WSOF 12's Elvis Mutapcic thinks 10-10 rounds don't have a place in MMA

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Elvis Mutapcic has only needed input from the judges five times over the course of his 16-fight career. He doesn’t have a ton of experience going the distance, but if there’s one thing he does know, he says it’s that no fight is ever completely even.

Link

Post #1   8/8/14 12:39:58PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
I couldn't disagree with him more. I think many rounds are too tough to call and that the judges need to utilize the 10-10 option much more frequently. It may actually solve some of the scoring problems that are rampant in MMA. It would create more ties though but I actually think that there needs to be more ties as well. Many fights have no clear winner or loser. Bad or foolish scoring by the judges can ruin a fighters record and it can ultimately ruin their career. However if you're Diego Sanchez or Benson Henderson bad judging seems to work in your favor. In all seriousness I would love to see more 10-10 rounds.

Post #2   8/9/14 2:04:07AM   

tildengolfer

Belt Contender

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:808-544
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
I disagree with his statement. I think 10-10 rounds will make The sport more exciting. It would forceguys to be aggressive and go for The kill more often. No clear winner. Tie. Simple.

Post #3   8/9/14 6:46:57PM