Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Former UFC featherweight Josh Grispi charged with domestic abuse and assault on wife

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"It's the worst case of domestic abuse I've ever seen." said one police officer after ex-UFC fighter Josh Grispi was arrested for allegedly assaulting his wife twice in four days.

Link

Post #1   8/6/14 3:03:24PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Chips:
Wow, what an absolute piece of shit.

Post #2   8/6/14 3:21:54PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Good thing this isn't the NFL or he'd just be looking at a 2-3 game suspension

Post #3   8/6/14 3:25:58PM   

nirvana184

In Full Mount

nirvana184 Avatar

Career:800-498
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
That's awful. Not only did he assault his wife but he also just left his three-year-old unattended near a box of firearms. What the hell is wrong with some people? He better get locked up for a long time.

Post #4   8/6/14 4:08:02PM   

handyman293

Standup Guy

handyman293 Avatar

Career:264-154
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
This piece of shit deserves anything he gets for this.

Post #5   8/6/14 4:18:27PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,595-1,399
Chips:
Guns, Pot Farm and domestic assault.....not a good look, surprised there wasn't some Meth or Heroine sprinkled in there as well.

Post #6   8/6/14 5:28:24PM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:
I'd expect more shit like this in the future as more and more young guys get UFC shots, get their asses beat into obscurity, and then become criminals. Most won't have fallen as far as Grispi did though.

Post #7   8/6/14 5:35:24PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Chips:
Would never peg gripsi as a wife beater.
If he doesn't see jail time I would be shocked

Post #8   8/6/14 6:00:52PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,250-1,376
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Horrible husband, and a horrible parent. Throw this piece of shit in jail!!!

Post #9   8/6/14 6:50:44PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 39-50

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,612-1,018
Chips:
Wow.. This dudes a real piece of shit.

Post #10   8/6/14 6:57:47PM   

tildengolfer

Belt Contender

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:808-544
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt and hope that when things like this pop-up that they were in a bad place at the time and need some help.

Not this time. F*** that guy, lock him up and throw away the key.

Post #11   8/6/14 7:05:56PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Interesting stuff coming out of facebook about this, being as I'm local to the situation and know just about every fighter and friend. Few points:

1. Article fails to mention that Josh and his wife lived with the wife's parents. sounds like it's a tenement so they live on one floor and the parents on another.

2. The pot farm belongs to the household, including the parents. Josh sells and the rest of them grow.

3. Josh and the wife are in the middle of a messy divorce.

4. His wife is ineligible to gain custody because she's been admitted to a psychiatric facility numerous times in the past and is fighting for the parents to get custody, rather than him.

5. He has restraining orders on her, and not the other way around. He's not the first guy to get a restraining order against her either.

6. The gist of how this supposedly actually happened is they set the house up by putting Josh's guns and bullets everywhere and she got a dog to bite the shit out of her, then called the cops and pinned the injuries, weapons and drugs on him. If he goes to prison, custody automatically falls to her parents.

Very fucked up situation and normally I'd say its just friends covering for one of their own, but a few things stick out as odd.

1. They all knew he sold pot and admitted it freely online. Generally if you're going to lie about something, you wouldn't be honest about a part that can put someone away for eight years in Mass.

2. How the fuck do you train a dog to attack someone that lives with the dog? Dogs are pack animals and don't hurt their own unless threatened. Guys that know the dog say it's the sweetest thing ever, hence why they raised a baby around it.

I'll let you guys know what else comes up, but it's a pretty interesting take on the whole situation thus far.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #12   8/6/14 9:22:54PM   

nirvana184

In Full Mount

nirvana184 Avatar

Career:800-498
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Interesting stuff coming out of facebook about this, being as I'm local to the situation and know just about every fighter and friend. Few points:

1. Article fails to mention that Josh and his wife lived with the wife's parents. sounds like it's a tenement so they live on one floor and the parents on another.

2. The pot farm belongs to the household, including the parents. Josh sells and the rest of them grow.

4. His wife is ineligible to gain custody because she's been admitted to a psychiatric facility numerous times in the past and is fighting for the parents to get custody, rather than him.

5. He has restraining orders on her, and not the other way around. He's not the first guy to get a restraining order against her either.

6. The gist of how this supposedly actually happened is they set the house up by putting Josh's guns and bullets everywhere and she got a dog to bite the shit out of her, then called the cops and pinned the injuries, weapons and drugs on him. If he goes to prison, custody automatically falls to her parents.

Very fucked up situation and normally I'd say its just friends covering for one of their own, but a few things stick out as odd.

1. They all knew he sold pot and admitted it freely online. Generally if you're going to lie about something, you wouldn't be honest about a part that can put someone away for eight years in Mass.

2. How the fuck do you train a dog to attack someone that lives with the dog? Dogs are pack animals and don't hurt their own unless threatened. Guys that know the dog say it's the sweetest thing ever, hence why they raised a baby around it.

I'll let you guys know what else comes up, but it's a pretty interesting take on the whole situation thus far.

That's very interesting. I want to know the whole story now.

Post #13   8/6/14 10:48:36PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

While all that is interesting the text messages he sends her tell a different story.

"UR (expletive) dead and if u even try n bring my kids into it the worse it will b for u and if u try and make a seen (sic) I’ll choke u unconscious and smash ur throat and if u get worse n run around after I’m goin to let Buddy have at u and I’ll walk out of the room."

"Don’t cure (sic) you whore, That’s all u think abor (sic) ur a (expletive) scum bag piece of (expletive) who I’m goin enjoy choking to death."

"U better not b bluffing about cops cuz I don’t joke ur dead when I see u... Literally. I don’t care I’m going to beat u n throw u to buddy, Ur dead."

Post #14   8/6/14 11:46:55PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
There are always 2 sides. I will wait till all the info is in before passing judgement.

Post #15   8/7/14 12:49:26AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2