Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Renan Barao: I woke up in the locker room at UFC 173

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Renan Barao will fight his third UFC title fight in less than seven months at August’s UFC 177, but this time he will be in the blue corner.

Link

Post #1   7/25/14 12:49:28PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,595-1,399
Chips:
Is it just me or do these Brazilians have some of the worst excuses ever? Just accept the fact that on that night, Dillashaw was a much better fighter and move on. Should be happy you are even getting a rematch considering how one-sided that fight was and with those remarks, I am sure TJ wants to do the same thing in the rematch and show that the first time was no fluke. I swear there is always an excuse, took the fight on short notice, wasn't fully trained, woke up in the locker room after the punch in the first rd....we get it, you're sour you lost....do better next time and you won't have to make these lame excuses that take away from TJ's dominating performance. Smh

Post #2   7/25/14 1:10:57PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Chips:
I didn't think he came across poorly or even sour at the loss. The not 100% thing I can forgive because many people say the same, did Weidman not mention that after his victory? Considered nixing the fight but didn't? I don't see how that is much different.

Also, like Weidman, barao's comments only look terrible from a neurologist's standpoint; not remembering almost the entire fight must make the docs cringe. I'm sure Weidman was more being in the heat of the moment but barao got crushed early on and was fighting purely on auto pilot, which incidentally is what I call my actions when I'm black out drunk. Essentially he said he was too fucked up to even follow basic directions. Doesn't sound like an excuse any more than Jim miller saying he never recovered from that early knee from cerrone.

Don't hate the man just yet, hate the hula dance thing he does.

Post #3   7/25/14 2:55:00PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,481
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Is it just me or do these Brazilians have some of the worst excuses ever? Just accept the fact that on that night, Dillashaw was a much better fighter and move on. Should be happy you are even getting a rematch considering how one-sided that fight was and with those remarks, I am sure TJ wants to do the same thing in the rematch and show that the first time was no fluke. I swear there is always an excuse, took the fight on short notice, wasn't fully trained, woke up in the locker room after the punch in the first rd....we get it, you're sour you lost....do better next time and you won't have to make these lame excuses that take away from TJ's dominating performance. Smh

Only Shogun seems to not have an excuse when he loses it seems.

Post #4   7/25/14 3:08:54PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I am dreading the day when I am going to have to make this pick

TJ looked AWESOME in his fight to win the belt.

Fuck it. I'm taking TJ

Post #5   7/25/14 4:28:39PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,595-1,399
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I didn't think he came across poorly or even sour at the loss. The not 100% thing I can forgive because many people say the same, did Weidman not mention that after his victory? Considered nixing the fight but didn't? I don't see how that is much different.

Also, like Weidman, barao's comments only look terrible from a neurologist's standpoint; not remembering almost the entire fight must make the docs cringe. I'm sure Weidman was more being in the heat of the moment but barao got crushed early on and was fighting purely on auto pilot, which incidentally is what I call my actions when I'm black out drunk. Essentially he said he was too fucked up to even follow basic directions. Doesn't sound like an excuse any more than Jim miller saying he never recovered from that early knee from cerrone.

Don't hate the man just yet, hate the hula dance thing he does.

Weidman won his fight. He wasn't making excuses after a loss...two completely different things, imo.

Post #6   7/26/14 2:08:12PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Chips:
So sometimes saying you're not 100% is okay?

Post #7   7/26/14 11:27:26PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you're not using it as an excuse for a loss.

Post #8   7/26/14 11:29:19PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Not if the fighter is Brazilian. Brazil's excuse quota has been far exceeded for the decade unfortunately. They can restart with excuses in 2020 and hopefully pace themselves better next decade.

Post #9   7/26/14 11:56:09PM