Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

How can Matt Brown ....

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

billbrown7071

Learning to Sprawl

Career:612-376
Camp: Ninja Jiu Jitsu
Chips:
I honestly dont see any way in which Matt Brown can beat Lawler

Robbie is a better Striker,Boxer and Kickboxer , IMO Robbie will knock him out in round 1 or 2

Matt Brown is on a 7 fight win streak but has Been hurt in his fights with S.Thompson,J.Mein and E.Silva , Hes not going to be able to take the shots Lawler is going land

also he doesn't have the wrestling to take lawler down and keep him there, Hendricks, Macdonald and Ellenberger couldn't do it and they are all better wrestlers than Brown(if I remember right Rory did take him down once in the 2nd round of their fight I think)

The one advantage I thought brown would have is if he could get it in to the later rounds (4+5) but after seeing Lawler against Hendricks, Cardio is not a problem for Lawler...

I absolutely Love Matt Brown and want him to win, but IMO this is just a nightmare matchup for him, I literally dont see him be able to do anything to Lawler, I think he'll come really agressive and go after it but Lawler's gonna KO him or hurt him real bad with body shots then TKO him

Now its a fight anything can happen, but other than Brown getting lucky a KO

Do you see any way Matt Brown can win this fight??

Last edited 7/18/14 7:16AM server time by billbrown7071
Edit note/reason: n/a
5 total post edits

Post #1   7/18/14 7:12:04AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,445-841
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Brown comes forward and uses Muay Thai the way it was intended to be used. He's been beating guys better than him. He breaks people down with his knees, and inside fighting, he definitely has a chance against a guy like Robbie who sometimes comes out slow.

Post #2   7/18/14 7:52:32AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,803-1,537
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I'll AV Bet anyone who actually thinks Brown will win

Ruthless Robbie All Damn Day

Post #3   7/18/14 9:10:20AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:699-385
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by sparky

You are fucking on Spartacus !

This is just going to be another war where brown's will is going to outlast his opponent. Lawler is tough but you can only withstand the immortal's pressure for so long.

Post #4   7/18/14 10:29:51AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:699-385
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by billbrown7071

I honestly dont see any way in which Matt Brown can beat Lawler

Robbie is a better Striker,Boxer and Kickboxer , IMO Robbie will knock him out in round 1 or 2

Matt Brown is on a 7 fight win streak but has Been hurt in his fights with S.Thompson,J.Mein and E.Silva , Hes not going to be able to take the shots Lawler is going land

also he doesn't have the wrestling to take lawler down and keep him there, Hendricks, Macdonald and Ellenberger couldn't do it and they are all better wrestlers than Brown(if I remember right Rory did take him down once in the 2nd round of their fight I think)

The one advantage I thought brown would have is if he could get it in to the later rounds (4+5) but after seeing Lawler against Hendricks, Cardio is not a problem for Lawler...

I absolutely Love Matt Brown and want him to win, but IMO this is just a nightmare matchup for him, I literally dont see him be able to do anything to Lawler, I think he'll come really agressive and go after it but Lawler's gonna KO him or hurt him real bad with body shots then TKO him

Now its a fight anything can happen, but other than Brown getting lucky a KO

Do you see any way Matt Brown can win this fight??

Brown can definitely win. Those 3 fights you mentioned where brown got hurt bad... What ended up happening in them ? He finished each guy badly, except Thompson he gave him a prolonged beating.

People still don't give brown credit for his technical striking, he isn't the fastest guy or the most powerful but he mixes his strikes up so well that it confuses each of his opponents at what will come next.

His big hole used to be his ground game, but that has vastly improved as has his tdd. But let's be real, lawler isn't going to try to take this to the ground unless he is hurt bad. This will be contested on the feet.

The will of brown will prevail again. I'm so fucken pumped for this fight. Besides jones vs gus 2, this is the fight I'm mostly anticipating the rest of the year.

Post #5   7/18/14 10:44:10AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,243-813
Chips:
I think Browns striking is sharper than Lawlers. That IMO will play a big part in this fight. I can see Brown countering for a good bit frustrating Lawler with his speed. I think he'll win a UD if he plays it smart. If he tries to get in a slugfest with Lawler he is gonna lose within 2 rounds

Post #6   7/18/14 11:30:53AM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:976-624
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:

Posted by george112

I think Browns striking is sharper than Lawlers. That IMO will play a big part in this fight. I can see Brown countering for a good bit frustrating Lawler with his speed. I think he'll win a UD if he plays it smart. If he tries to get in a slugfest with Lawler he is gonna lose within 2 rounds

Yes, I think Brown's gas tanks better.

Post #7   7/18/14 11:36:12AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,249-867
Chips:
Odds are against him no doubt. But guys have found ways to frustrate and beat Robbie before. I'm hoping he doesn't revert back to how he was in some of those strikeforce losses, but I also think Brown will have a difficult time emulating what worked in the past against Robbie.

Post #8   7/18/14 11:40:44AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,803-1,537
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by sparky

You are fucking on Spartacus !

This is just going to be another war where brown's will is going to outlast his opponent. Lawler is tough but you can only withstand the immortal's pressure for so long.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

WOOOOO

Post #9   7/18/14 12:55:14PM   

billbrown7071

Learning to Sprawl

Career:612-376
Camp: Ninja Jiu Jitsu
Chips:
wow ...

a lot of people see Brown winning...

I hope so but I just dont see it...

This fight is going to take place on the feet, Lawler is going to hit him with Bombs that he cant take, even if Lawler doesn't land a bomb , I think he just picks him apart, Browns only chance is to be super aggressive and try to overwhelm him, and its just not gonna happen, Lawler proved he could go 5 rounds in the Hendricks fight...

Lawler 1st round KO

Or

Lawler 2nd TKO after Landing huge body shots

If Brown wins , he's my hero!

Post #10   7/18/14 7:27:45PM   

teejay68

MMA Regular

teejay68 Avatar

Career:1,089-702
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
I was never a fan of Matt Brown, but he is making me a believer. I am surprised at how badly he can get hurt and then recover to lay a beating on his opponents. Now the level of competition he has beaten on this winning streak hasn't exactly been top ten, but it has been impressive. I am not so sure if he'll be able to recover from the power of Lawler, but I cant wait to see. Should be a war. FOTY?

Post #11   7/18/14 7:51:41PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Brown needs to get in his face as quickly as possible which Browns been doing an exceptional job of doing.getting inside a range whereby Lawler can't throw looping right hands or headkicks but Brown can land the quicker strikes, jabs, elbows knees.

Brown has to be wary of Lawlers experience as Lawler isn't going to just step back till he's against the fence. He's going to be working angles.

I think Brown causes Lawler some problems early on as Lawler won't be able to find his range and that's Browns chance to take advantage. He's the underdog and as most people have pointed out, with good reason to be that way. I think both men are too smart to shoot for a takedown, we're looking at right now the 2 best guys in MMA who'll make you pay for a failed shoot.

I think Browns tougher than you're giving him credit for. He hasn't been TKO'd or KO'd once in his career. He got dropped by Silva and his excuse was he hadn't warned up well enough which explains why he wasn't as surseptible to the body kicks later on in the fight.

Lawler hasn't fought a guy in a long time who's going to get straight into his face and not consider the takedown. Lawlers worked his whole career on guys getting in his face and going for the takedown. He's got the footwork to stay out of Browns ideal battleground but it's not going to be what Lawlers more experienced with.

In my eyes this all comes down to Lawlers footwork and how he reacts at changing his own gameplan.

I believe Robbie will do it and put him away inside 3 rounds but I do think Browns a very game opponent and one slip in that opening round could cost him a submission loss, or poor footwork will cost him an amount of damage he won't be able to come back from.

Either way the first guy to bleeds pretty much done. These 2 are piranhas smelling blood in the water when it comes to there opponent being in trouble, no holding back, no conserving the gas tank, the fights ending.
First guy to make a mistake gets finished.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #12   7/18/14 8:01:57PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Lawler via Standing Arm-Triangle Choke in the 2nd.

Post #13   7/18/14 8:09:07PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Brown via reverse RNC.

Post #14   7/18/14 8:12:24PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,499-922
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

Brown via reverse RNC.

Herb Dean via double flying heel hook.

Post #15   7/18/14 11:35:05PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2