Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cat Zingano Hits 14 Second Flying Armbar In JiuJitsu Tournament

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:2,006-1,108
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Zingano is 8-0 in her professional MMA career, and 1-0 in her UFC career with her win coming via TKO against Miesha Tate back in April of 2013 before undergoing knee surgery. When Zingano makes her return to the UFC, fans can expect her to get a title shot fairly quick.

Link

Post #1   7/7/14 8:06:25PM   

RacingHartPurple

MMA Regular

RacingHartPurple Avatar

Career:2,117-1,275
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
That cool and all but I def don't expect her to try and grapple with Ronda, lol.

Post #2   7/7/14 11:20:40PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
If that's what dethrones Ronda that would be the single most satisfying moment of ever watching MMA for me

Last edited 7/8/14 4:45AM server time by 40ouncetpkid
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   7/8/14 4:44:55AM   

ry_dawg63

MMA Regular

ry_dawg63 Avatar

Career:606-391
Chips:
yea and the UFC still doesnt know whos next for Ronda. haha lol. Cat has been getting passed by just like cyborg. cant wait to see some one humble Ronda!

Post #4   7/8/14 12:29:33PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,321-858
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Dana is a smart man for not actively pursuing Zingano.

Think about it

Zingano would derail the money train that is Rousey.

Remember when Dana was supposedly trying to bring in Fedor for Couture?

Dana was trying harder for that and that fight didn't even make sense!!!

This one does, and yet he won't make an effort

smfh. I want Rousey to lose so bad. Its so annoying to see her get fed people that obviously don't stand a chance. The womens world rankings are a fucking joke IMO. There are less than there are fingers on my right hand that would even get out of the first round with Rousey. Oh well. They did the same thing for Anderson Silva.

EVENTUALLY they will put someone in with Rousey that can even compete and seriously threaten her. And I'm not talking about 1 or 2 punches that land clean and wobble her barely. Im talking about somebody that will put Rousey on her ass with TDD and maintaining some sort of dominant control for an x amount of time

Post #5   7/8/14 12:43:32PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,636-993
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by george112

I want Rousey to lose so bad. Its so annoying to see her get fed people that obviously don't stand a chance. The womens world rankings are a fucking joke IMO. There are less than there are fingers on my right hand that would even get out of the first round with Rousey. Oh well. They did the same thing for Anderson Silva.

George, I have love for you, but you want Rousey to lose so bad I feel you are barely making sense. Cat has been out with knee surgery, then her husband's suicide. That's probably the only reason this fight hasn't happened yet.

As for the Anderson Silva comparison, they are letting her do the same thing... Fight absolutely anyone in the division. Put a fight or two together, you get a shot.

Posted by george112
EVENTUALLY they will put someone in with Rousey that can even compete and seriously threaten her. And I'm not talking about 1 or 2 punches that land clean and wobble her barely. Im talking about somebody that will put Rousey on her ass with TDD and maintaining some sort of dominant control for an x amount of time

They already did that with Sara McMann. She is an Olympic Silver Medalist in wrestling. You saw what Rousey did to her. McMann is the only girl who could compete with Rousey, athleticism and strength wise, and she got wrecked.

Cat Zingano, Cyborg, and Holm are Rousey's biggest threats at this time, in my opinion, and probably in that order. I would have already picked Rousey over Cyborg before this weekend, but I am just more and more confident in my pick of Ronda over anyone. And I love seeing her win. She isn't a fake bitch like Meisha Tate (who sucked a bag of dicks on the broadcast team)

Post #6   7/8/14 3:24:24PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by george112

EVENTUALLY they will put someone in with Rousey that can even compete and seriously threaten her.

They already did that with Sara McMann.

They should have Rousey face the Michael Jordan of BJJ, Travis Lutter.

Post #7   7/8/14 4:05:36PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,321-858
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by george112

I want Rousey to lose so bad. Its so annoying to see her get fed people that obviously don't stand a chance. The womens world rankings are a fucking joke IMO. There are less than there are fingers on my right hand that would even get out of the first round with Rousey. Oh well. They did the same thing for Anderson Silva.

George, I have love for you, but you want Rousey to lose so bad I feel you are barely making sense. Cat has been out with knee surgery, then her husband's suicide. That's probably the only reason this fight hasn't happened yet.

As for the Anderson Silva comparison, they are letting her do the same thing... Fight absolutely anyone in the division. Put a fight or two together, you get a shot.

Posted by george112

They already did that with Sara McMann. She is an Olympic Silver Medalist in wrestling. You saw what Rousey did to her. McMann is the only girl who could compete with Rousey, athleticism and strength wise, and she got wrecked.

Cat Zingano, Cyborg, and Holm are Rousey's biggest threats at this time, in my opinion, and probably in that order. I would have already picked Rousey over Cyborg before this weekend, but I am just more and more confident in my pick of Ronda over anyone. And I love seeing her win. She isn't a fake bitch like Meisha Tate (who sucked a bag of dicks on the broadcast team)

I brought out the Anderson comparison only because Anderson at one point/still is a cash cow for Dana. Anderson has lost some of this shine with the back to back losses. Not to mention he has been sidelined by that broken leg. Now the attention has seemed to fall on Rousey. Her weight division is a joke. Same as Andersons when he was the champ. Like I said in my first post, sure there are one or two fighters that maybe could win in theory, but for the most part everyone has basically no business being in that cage with Rousey except Zingano.

Also it seems like being an olympian is supposed to make you at least somewhat good in MMA. IMO there are only a few exceptions to that (Rousey,Cormier, etc…) whom have a winning record.

McMann only proved my points I've made above for me.

I got love you for you too

Post #8   7/8/14 7:25:32PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Chips:

Zingano would derail the money train that is Rousey.

I've seen that comment a few times today on different sites. I have a strong feeling I'm going to have to do a lot of reminding for the next few months if Rousey is booked to defend against Zingano, regarding the Cat/Miesha bout.

People seem to have it remembered as an undefeated Zingano whooping Tate to earn a title shot versus Rousey (Unfortunately she pulled out due to injury) culminating in a TKO stoppage of Miesha with 2 minutes left in the third in a fight she'd already wrapped up.

Wrong.

I, as most people and news outlets, had Tate up 20-18 and Cat had to finish in the final round or she'd lose the decision. She dug deep and ended up getting a stoppage with 125 seconds remaining when Winslow stopped the bout as Miesha was still standing, taking strikes.

A few things. Cat earned the win. Even though Miesha was still standing, it was a good stoppage imo. But Cat was *not* winning that fight until she got the TKO.

There just seems to all of a sudden now that Cat is healthy be people confident she could derail Rousey since she `dominated` Tate. I'm not even sure if she'd beat Tate in a rematch or not, let alone the champ. I have a feeling I'll have to remind many people of Zingano being down on the scorecards when she finished Tate quite a few times the next few months if Cat, as she deserves, gets booked for the next shot.

Last edited 7/8/14 8:21PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   7/8/14 8:20:21PM