Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I cried tonight.

Print  
Posted By Message

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,894-1,182
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It was an emotional night for me. As I was as excited as one could be. Tonight was the night I would get to see bj penn fight live. I was a wreck from hearing his walkout song. Standing there watching one of my all time great favorite fighters walking to the cage. Man was it amazing. Watching that fight broke my heart man. It did something only Andersons broken leg did but it was worse. Hearing bj after the fight he pretty much said what we were all thinking Wtf was he doing back.? I left the arena Fuckin sad went to my hotel and broke down telling mrsspidersilva what had happened. The emotional investment ran deep with bj penn and just like that he's gone.

Thank you for everything BJ. Thank you

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #1   7/7/14 4:41:43AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Dude honestly i had to change the channel towards the end of the fight. it was so hard to watch.

Penn looked to be in good shape though, I could see a six pack there. But as soon as the fight started I could tell something was off. Him coming forward on his toes standing straight up was a dead giveaway. Then he gets hit by that first hook, and I'm like damn, if he didn't see that coming while he is still fresh then I know for damn sure Edgar is gonna hit him all night with that bitch.

Wish it would have been stopped sooner, seemed like the ref gave Penn EVERY LAST MILLISECOND to make some sort of movement which would have indicated some sort of defense. It didn't come, but I knew it wasn't going to at that point

BJ will always in my mind be one of my favorite fighters. He had a helluva career and he should hold his head high knowing that

All the luck in the world to BJ.

Thank You

Post #2   7/7/14 12:06:06PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,622-990
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
That was such a weird fight last night. I wonder if the cut to 145lbs just took it all out of BJ. He's never made that weight in competition to my knowledge, and was most recently fighting at 170.

Penn just seemed shell shocked out there. At one point Edgar basically walked up to him, put his hand behind his neck, and just swept his feet. BJ wasn't even throwing, he just fell. Dude used to have the best TDD in the game. I am still perplexed by what I saw, and have to believe it was the weight cut that made him perform that way...

Whatever the case, BJ is a true legend. I hope he continues to work with the UFC, be it with the gyms, commentary, announcing, something. Penn helped grow this sport and it's popularity immensely. He was one of the biggest stars the sport ever had, and I hope he continues to be, in retirement.

Post #3   7/7/14 1:27:02PM   

GDPofMPG

Fighters>Promoters

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,422-962
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Thank you, Baby Jay Penn.

BJ Penn Highlights

Penn vs Gomi

Penn vs Uno

Penn vs Hughes