Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Elite XC

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
That was quick

Edson Berto submits Joe Boxer with a Heel Hook 37 seconds into the 1st round

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   6/22/07 10:19:28PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:
1st round between Paul Buentello and Carter Williams was anti-climatic. A lot of clinching. A few punches thrown. williams had two takedowns but could do nothing with it

Buentello TKO's Williams 10 seconds into the 2nd round with a uppercut.

Last edited 6/22/07 10:37PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #2   6/22/07 10:37:29PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by zephead

That was quick

Edson Berto submits Joe Boxer with a Heel Hook 37 seconds into the 1st round

Joe Boxer, what a name.....

Post #3   6/22/07 10:41:31PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:
Ninja Rua TKO's Joey Villesnor in the 2nd round. Very sloppy fight. Joey rocks Ninja in the 1st round but couldn't do nothing with it. Ninja comes out in the second round and being Chute Boxe, goes nuts. Ninja wins the first Elite XC belt.

Post #4   6/22/07 10:59:12PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:
Josh Thompson submits Nick Gonzalez in the 1st round by rear-naked choke. 1:45 in. Josh completely dominated the fight

Post #5   6/22/07 11:16:19PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:
Cung Le is putting a clinic on in the 1st round against Tony Fryklund. Every kick, every punch lnads. Front axe kicks. Spining kicks. Spinning back fists. A very techinical striker.

2nd round a little slower. Tony is showing how tough he is.

3rd round Cung Le wins 15 seconds in by TKO. A body kick sends Tony down and then Dean steps in

Post #6   6/22/07 11:35:58PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
Seems like herb had the order... If frykland hits the ground, its over... lol

Post #7   6/22/07 11:44:16PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:
Frank beat the crap out of Baroni in the 1st round. Taunting him. Talkin smack. Frank did lose a point for hitting in the back of the head.

The 2nd round was a war. Straight up street fight. Both were landing big blows. Crowd going nuts. Frank chokes out Baroni 4 minutes into the 2nd round. Great fight

Last edited 6/23/07 12:27AM server time by zephead

Post #8   6/23/07 12:05:15AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:
Swing bout tonight is Duane Ludwig vs. Paul Daley, a Cage Rage champion. The first round was a feeling out process. Alot of clinching. Both are Muay Tia fighters.

In the 2nd round they came out swinging. Daley drops and TKO's Ludwig 25 seconds into the 2nd round. A nasty right.

A pretty good fight card tonight. Crowd was really into it. 2 belts won tonight. Shamrock and Ninja

Post #9   6/23/07 12:27:27AM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
Badass PPV, guess Baroni pulled his groin 30seconds into the fight. Still I am so suprised how well Frank fought.

Post #10   6/23/07 12:46:39AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:
Frank put a clinic on Baroni is the 1st round. That surprised me. I can beleive that Baroni did tear his groin. He was flatfooted. But he did show how tough he is. He took a beating.

I agree, very good PPV. Gary Shaw did a great job last night.

Post #11   6/23/07 9:02:40AM   

MrLehman

Standup Guy

MrLehman Avatar

Career:59-30
Camp: Fight Iowa
Chips:
Some Gif's i found on photobucket.

Illegal blows to the back of the head...

Taunting...

Shamrock telling Baroni it's time for sleep

The KO

Last edited 6/23/07 9:03AM server time by mrlehman

Post #12   6/23/07 9:03:07AM   

MrLehman

Standup Guy

MrLehman Avatar

Career:59-30
Camp: Fight Iowa
Chips: